2023-24 Junior Grand Prix Final Men's Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Junior Grand Prix Final Men's Short Program

auser

Record Breaker
so women next? every year, i forget how quickly the finals go. I was just getting in the mood. done.
Yes, I usually go through a GPF ritual of making and loading my plate with snacks that I don't finish before the skating has. At least with Jr and Sr broadcast back to back I stand a chance if I can stay awake.:laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
if you are going to have two groups... invite 12 ;)

No, because I don't like having more than 4 to a group. More chance of collisions during the Warm-Up if there are 5 or 6 on the ice.

Safety first! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Go, Team Korean Jr. Men! Hopefully Cha has enough clutch to keep the spots open now that Korea finally has succession....

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
so you don't like it at every competition... ok.

Exactly. I have been saying it for the guts of a decade that groups should be cut down to 4 across all the categories. And I have been shouted down many times, usually by one particular member. But, I strongly believe that any more than four on the ice at once is too many.

Sure it would make the total length of competitions longer. But, for the sake of an extra set of 6 minutes here and there, it is worth it if it means there is less chance of collisions. We all remember those horrible pictures when Yan Han and Yuzuru Hanyu collided at the 2014 Cup Of China. And the similarly horrible pictures when Adam Rippon and Song Nan collided at the 2012 Cup Of China. Anything that helps to lessen the chance of things like that happening can only be a good thing.

CaroLiza_fan

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Okay, guess who went looking on the junior grand prix youtube page... 🤣

I've just finished watching. Not the results I expected, but I expect I should have expected the unexpected from the lads.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Exactly. I have been saying it for the guts of a decade that groups should be cut down to 4 across all the categories. And I have been shouted down many times, usually by one particular member. But, I strongly believe that any more than four on the ice at once is too many.

Sure it would make the total length of competitions longer. But, for the sake of an extra set of 6 minutes here and there, it is worth it if it means there is less chance of collisions. We all remember those horrible pictures when Yan Han and Yuzuru Hanyu collided at the 2014 Cup Of China. And the similarly horrible pictures when Adam Rippon and Song Nan collided at the 2012 Cup Of China. Anything that helps to lessen the chance of things like that happening can only be a good thing.

CaroLiza_fan
I don't know... Warm up cannot happen too many times or else I will eat too many snacks ;)