2023 CS Autumn Classic Women's Free Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2023 CS Autumn Classic Women's Free Skate

rain

Record Breaker
I loved Sakamoto's program. I think this could be dynamite later in the season when she has more miles on it. It works really well with her big, powerful skating.

Good for Ruiter and Miclette both making the podium here.

Dabin Choi is lovely, but it's just so forgettable. She does not bring a lot of personality to a piece, so she needs choreography that's going to do it for her, and this program isn't it.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Audrey has that funny leg wrap with her jumps which some judges don't like. But I would have had her above Justine.
I loved Audrey’s program too. I thought she would finish in 2nd place. She had me wrapped up with her performance. But, then, on the replay, I saw that she only went for one combo and therefore left too many points off the table. She normally fights for everything. I’m confused as to why she didn’t fight to land more combos. It cost her not only the silver medal, but, a spot on the podium.

Sackie

Medalist
the protocols read like this was some messy event
But that is what these early events are for - to try new things and go for everything to see what works and what doesn't. And that is what I like about both CAN ladies - they went for everything. Justine's 1st 2 elements were off yet she did not hold back and because of it she landed on the podium. Good lesson learned I think! The only thing sje hasn't learned yet is how to change things up when you make a mistake. She could have added a 2t to the back of her 2nd 3F so it would not have been marked as a Rep.

icewhite

Record Breaker
But that is what these early events are for - to try new things and go for everything to see what works and what doesn't. And that is what I like about both CAN ladies - they went for everything. Justine's 1st 2 elements were off yet she did not hold back and because of it she landed on the podium. Good lesson learned I think! The only thing sje hasn't learned yet is how to change things up when you make a mistake. She could have added a 2t to the back of her 2nd 3F so it would not have been marked as a Rep.

Oh it was not a criticism of the skaters, just a general observation.