2023 Italian National Championships | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2023 Italian National Championships

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Here comes the Men's FS as promised. Although @Walt FSHunter has already done the good work and shared the full segment, I still uploaded the individual videos. Youtube can be fickle when it comes to copyright strikes, so a bit of redundancy won't hurt.

Raffaele with some "interesting" music choices.

Corey with a glorious Gladiator program. The 4T looked really good, he just couldn't hold the landing edge. Only his trademark spiral was a bit wobbly this time around.

Nikolaj, our champion :cheer2:

Gabriele, a fine specimen of the Cactus Italianus 🌵

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Thanks for the videos. :)

I don't understand what Raffaele was trying to communicate in his short programme? :unsure:

ElSoteroLoco

On the Ice
What has happened to Daniel Grassl? It's like he's disappeared. And what a missed opportunity for Gabriele. Right there to grab his first title and like so many, doesn't seize the moment. Does anyone know who Italian Federation is gonna select for the World team? Or they gonna send to Europeans first to decide?

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
What has happened to Daniel Grassl? It's like he's disappeared. And what a missed opportunity for Gabriele. Right there to grab his first title and like so many, doesn't seize the moment. Does anyone know who Italian Federation is gonna select for the World team? Or they gonna send to Europeans first to decide?
Daniel is being investigated for an antidoping rule violation and hasn't competed since. He reportedly missed three antidoping tests whilst he was training with Tutberidze. It is possible that he didn't update his location on WADAs system, which is careless at best. The last I saw posted on this forum sounded like a 2 year ban was likely.

Andrea82

Medalist

Grassl. He missed 3 anti-doping tests because he didn't fill his whereabouts properly. in December, Italian Anti-Doping Agency asked a suspension of 2 years. Decisions by the Italian AntiDoping Tribunal will probably come in January/February (judging by when they scheduled the discussion of the case of a footballer player whose case was processed by the Anti-Doping Agency at the same time).

Worlds selection: Fed document published this summer says it will based on the national ranking computed as result of Nationals Championships + 3 highest other competitions (B event factored by 0.9) - step sequences for Senior events. At least one of the 3 "other" competitors must be after Nationals (so European result will likely be in unless someone have a super stellar score at B event, considering B events are factored by 0.9).

skatingguy

On the Ice
Some of the skates are here:

npavel

On the Ice
Daniel is being investigated for an antidoping rule violation and hasn't competed since. He reportedly missed three antidoping tests whilst he was training with Tutberidze. It is possible that he didn't update his location on WADAs system, which is careless at best. The last I saw posted on this forum sounded like a 2 year ban was likely.
there has been a system error and almost everyone missed one or two doping controls as it was impossible to send the location report. Daniel missed out three times, but due to the system problem I suppose he was quite unfortunate

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
there has been a system error and almost everyone missed one or two doping controls as it was impossible to send the location report. Daniel missed out three times, but due to the system problem I suppose he was quite unfortunate
If that's the case, there should be no problem proving that the missed tests were during the period of the system error and that he took reasonable steps to report the problem. :)