3Lo+2A
3F+2T+2Lo
3S
ChSq1
FCSp4
CCoSp4

Free skate score: 126.88
Total score: 189.92

Pretty dress, very sparkly ✨ Clean skate, even if some jump landings were a bit tight. Putting the pressure on Ami with an excellent performance ❤️ Two medals for Korea, one for Japan - just a question of who gets what colour.

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Well, that was the figure skating equivalent of a mic drop. Nakai has her work cut out for her. Kim landed that 3A and made it look easy. Her compatriots (guys included) need to take notes. They all have this slow, 5-minute entrance to the 3A that drives me nuts and she’s an exception. Well done!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Argh, Kim won't have enough to beat Nakai, but she had the outstanding skate of the night

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Ami’s Axels are not firing today but everything else was gorgeous. I’d give her strong GOEs on the other jumps and good marks in skating skills and interpretation but I don’t think it will be quite enough to stay ahead.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Ami Nakai (JPN)
Glimmer of Faith, Only Hope

2A Pop, two-footed
3Lo+2A
3Lz+3T
3Lo
CCoSp4
3F+1Eu+3S
2A*
3Lz
FSp4
ChSq1
LSp4

Free Skate score: 123.16
Total score: 190.65

Pretty in (pale) pink 💗 Such a softness and joy in her skating. Unfortunately, nobody taught her how to deal with a popped Axel, because even with the advantage of the SP, that zayaked Axel will probably cost her the gold. - It did not, but by this much 🤏.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Great job, not letting to pop affect the rest of the skate!

With these results, Both Ami and Yo will keep their 2nd JGP assignments

Edit: forgot about Ami's SP lead, thought she'd get silver for sure

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Nakai keeping things close because she can’t do math. She needs to work on that, especially after what happened at Nationals last season.

…but then again, she can’t see what I can see. Maybe she thinks that first jump was called a downgraded 3A.

She’s been working on her second mark. She’s improving a lot.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh dear Ami got lost in the air on her opening jump. Nice recovery on successive jumps with clean solid landings. Pretty pastel pink dress that is generically lovely as is her music. She has a youthful elegance and charm in her skating but I don’t see that as the best free skate today.