2023 JGP PGE Solidarity Cup Pairs Short Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2023 JGP PGE Solidarity Cup Pairs Short Program

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
@elektra blue:

Seeing Irina and Edoardo again reminds me. You know that discussion we had last week about the reviews of the restaurant belonging to my main skating crush's family. Well, I discovered why all the reviews were all in Italian...

It was the Italian version of Trip Advisor that had come up in the Google search results, not the English version. :palmf:

I didn't realise that the different language versions were essentially different sites. I thought all reviews would come up on all regional versions of Trip Advisor.

When I did go to the English site, the reviews were not great. So, maybe I would have been better off not looking it up.

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
@elektra blue:

Seeing Irina and Edoardo again reminds me. You know that discussion we had last week about the reviews of the restaurant belonging to my main skating crush's family. Well, I discovered why all the reviews were all in Italian...

It was the Italian version of Trip Advisor that had come up in the Google search results, not the English version. :palmf:

I didn't realise that the different language versions were essentially different sites. I thought all reviews would come up on all regional versions of Trip Advisor.

When I did go to the English site, the reviews were not great. So, maybe I would have been better off not looking it up.

CaroLiza_fan
you should find someone younger to help you with this tech stuff, grandpa :LOL: :LOL:

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So close between 1-2-3

off to update the rewatch. Can't believe draw is still not posted for Nepala

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
tell me about it... another of these situations of an 6+8 = 14 like we had in senior ice dance.....
Even more frustrating is that Australia has 3 spots but doesn't even have three teams, much less three teams with any chance of getting the Jr Worlds tech minimums. I really wish there was some sort of redistribution system, or something so that these kinds of situations happened less.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Even more frustrating is that Australia has 3 spots but doesn't even have three teams, much less three teams with any chance of getting the Jr Worlds tech minimums. I really wish there was some sort of redistribution system, or something so that these kinds of situations happened less.
Not just Australia but Japan too. The ISU is shooting itself in the foot because the junior competitions are developmental and they should make sure that more teams are able to access them as needed. I am not saying that a country should have 5 spots. Not at all. However, in Juniors, as the winners often move on to seniors afterwards, there are often unused spots. They can do better for sure in protecting the sport.