2023 Skate Canada Entries | Golden Skate

2023 Skate Canada Entries

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Here is a place to keep track of all entries, additions, and withdrawals as the season progresses.

Entries updated as of October 16th.

Men

Wesley Chiu (CAN)
Conrad Orzel (CAN)
Aleksa Rakic (CAN) (Added Oct 16)
Roman Sadovsky (CAN) (WD Oct 13)
Mihhail Selevko (EST)
Mark Gorodnitsky (ISR)
Matteo Rizzo (ITA)
Kao Miura (JPN)
Kazuki Tomono (JPN)
Sota Yamamoto (JPN)
Mikhail Shaidorov (KAZ)
Jun-hwan Cha (KOR)
Liam Kapeikis (USA)

Women

Sara-Maude Dupuis (CAN)
Kaiya Ruiter (CAN)
Madeline Schizas (CAN)
Nicole Schott (GER) (WD Aug 24th)
Mae Berenice Meite (FRA) (Added Aug 31st)
Lara Naki Gutmann (ITA)
Rika Kihira (JPN) (WD Sept 28th)
Rino Matsuike (JPN) (Added Sept 29th)
Kaori Sakamoto (JPN)
Rinka Watanabe (JPN)
Chae-yeon Kim (KOR)
Starr Andrews (USA)
Audrey Shin (USA)
Lindsay Thorngren (USA)

Pairs

Anastasia Golubeva / Hektor Giotopoulos Moore (AUS)
Kelly Ann Laurin / Loucas Ethier (CAN)
Brooke McIntosh / Benjamin Mimar (CAN)
Deanna Stellato-Dudek / Maxime Deschamps (CAN)
Letizia Roscher / Luis Schuster (GER)
Maria Pavlova / Alexei Sviatchenko (HUN)
Lucrezia Beccari / Matteo Guarise (ITA)
Daria Danilova / Michel Tsiba (NED)

Ice Dance

Alicia Fabbri / Paul Ayer (CAN)
Piper Gilles / Paul Poirier (CAN)
Molly Lanaghan / Dmitre Razgulajevs (CAN)
Shiyue Wang / Xinyu Liu (CHN)
Jennifer Janse van Rensberg / Benjamin Steffan (GER)
Lilah Fear / Lewis Gibson (GBR)
Allison Reed / Saulius Ambrulevicius (LTU)
Oona Brown / Gage Brown (USA)
Eva Pate / Logan Bye (USA)
Emilea Zingas / Vadym Kolesnik (USA)

Last edited:

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
I'd rather see the spot go to another Canadian man than Gogo. He's high enough on the alternate list that he could get another assignment. The other men should get the experience, especially when they need more depth.

Aleksa Rakic and Matthew Newnham both have the World's TES minimums, I'd like to see one of them if they're able to make it.

Ziotic

Medalist
I'd rather see the spot go to another Canadian man than Gogo. He's high enough on the alternate list that he could get another assignment. The other men should get the experience, especially when they need more depth.

Aleksa Rakic and Matthew Newnham both have the World's TES minimums, I'd like to see one of them if they're able to make it.
Actually I think they will see how he does at SA first. I realize it’s last minute but I’m sure he would be put on notice

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Alternates are supposed to be on notice and ready for assignments last minute according to the rule book. So he should already be on notice that it could happen, especially with some of the situations going on.

I am sorry for Roman that he had to withdraw since he won't be able to get another GP assignment now. Hopefully he can get a Challenger before Nationals, or go to Challenge.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

Aleksa had one good outing so he would be deserving... but I have a soft spot for Matthew and ruling for him to get it.

Sackie

Medalist
Matthew hasn't skated this fall has he? But either of these two would be OK as would Gabriel B. He had a good short in his last outing but fell apart in the Free - again he just needs more experience. And at this point it is not about who has a chance to place well but more about getting out there and getting the experience. Just look how Kaiya and Justine were beaming standing on the podium with the world champ. ACI was an invaluable experience for both of them.
The worse thing would be for them to give it too a USA man. The USA already have 7 men in GP events while CAN only now has 3.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Aleksa had one good outing so he would be deserving... but I have a soft spot for Matthew and ruling for him to get it.
Has Matthew competed at all this season? I don't remember seeing him in any of the summer comps.

Ziotic

Medalist
Matthew hasn't skated this fall has he? But either of these two would be OK as would Gabriel B. He had a good short in his last outing but fell apart in the Free - again he just needs more experience. And at this point it is not about who has a chance to place well but more about getting out there and getting the experience. Just look how Kaiya and Justine were beaming standing on the podium with the world champ. ACI was an invaluable experience for both of them.
The worse thing would be for them to give it too a USA man. The USA already have 7 men in GP events while CAN only now has 3.
Maybe Corey, he seems heeled