2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Free Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 U.S. Nationals Sr. Free Dance

labgoat

Working on Costumes contest & REWATCHES
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hear Polina doing interviews. She asks good questions.

theblade

On the Ice
Man, we have had some brief conversations with a few judges this week. They want to see what they want to see. There is a level of execution that the top skaters have that everyone else is judged by. They seek a level of physicality that is top-tier. Even a rotational spin that you think is in enough of a split position may not be enough for top levels. It was really eye-opening.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Oona and Gage are up next, right? Might not be able to see the final flight, but I can see them. :)

Looks like Peacock is still blessedly commentary free.
I noticed last night that Peacock has two options- broadcast version and world feed. I think when they aren’t showing the event on live tv it’s just world feed (no commentary)

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I see big negative GOEs for choreographic movements or slides from early skaters. What makes a choreographic move negative GOE? Or a slide? Even when they go board to board?
I’m sorry I don’t know the answer

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very interesting to see the practice go from Oona and Gage to Isabella and Ivan. Of course, I know how short physically the Browns are, but seeing the other couples on the ice highlights that.

Small but big presence. :)

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very interesting to see the practice go from Oona and Gage to Isabella and Ivan. Of course, I know how short physically the Browns are, but seeing the other couples on the ice highlights that.

Small but big presence. :)
I nominate them for the small but mighty club