2023 Warsaw Cup Non CS Pairs Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2023 Warsaw Cup Non CS Pairs Free Skate

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Chtchetinina/Wozniak are a very new pair, but they're so promising. Hope they'll manage to get the SP Worlds minimums at some point soon, because they definitely deserve to be there 🤞

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
9 Lydia SMART / Harry MATTICK GBR
FS: "Leave a Light On' by Tom Walker; choreo by Lloyd Jones

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Much better than at Nebelhorn Trophy :clap: Nice flow across the ice. If they skate like this at Golden Spin (I assume they'll be sent there, but entries still haven't been released and I'm getting annoyed), they'll definitely get a new official PB too.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
10 Anastasia VAIPAN-LAW / Luke DIGBY GBR
FS: "Survivor" by 2WEI, Edda Hayes; "Gangsta's Paradise" by 2WEI; choreo by Mark Pillay (SP); Christopher Dean (FS)

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
11 Anastasiia METELKINA / Luka BERULAVA GEO
FS: "The Millionaire Waltz" by Queen; choreo by Sergei Plishkin; Ivan Malafaev

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Easy win for Metelkina/Berulava, but I don't like this program and don't care much about him as a person. Good skaters don't always make for good people, unfortunately. 😐

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Easy win for Metelkina/Berulava, but I don't like this program and don't care much about him as a person. Good skaters don't always make for good people, unfortunately. 😐
It’s a hard lesson learned from James/Cipres.. ignorance is never bliss contrary to the saying

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
The Georgian team are tremendous and I think this theatrical Queen program really works for them, though I'd like to see a bit more flamboyance in the performance perhaps. But that'll likely come with time.

As for what he's like as a person, none of us were involved in the situation and much of the info that seems to have enraged certain people comes from a website known for it's dicey translations and tabloid mentality. Plus his former partner was clearly not in a fit state to be competing for a while with her knee issues (also her lack of core strength in lifts looked positively dangerous at Worlds).

It's a sport and a competition not a soap opera/reality tv show. And they're the better team compared to the previous partnerships.