2023 Warsaw Cup Non CS Pairs Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 Warsaw Cup Non CS Pairs Free Skate

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was a very nice high twist. The catch needs some cleaning up but quite nice.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Does anyone know what's going on with these two? I thought they were on their way up after their comparatively strong performance at Autumn Classic, but this competition and their last one were not performances of a team that was improving. Is there an injury or something?

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Warm-up Group 2
4 Federica SIMIOLI / Alessandro ZARBO CZE
5 Katalin Janne SALATZKI / Lukas ROESELER GER
6 Louise EHRHARD / Matthis PELLEGRIS FRA
7 Greta CRAFOORD / John CRAFOORD SWE

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I seem to have lost my bookmark for International competitions

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
4 Federica SIMIOLI / Alessandro ZARBO CZE
FS: "Cornfield Chase" by Hans Zimmer; "Interstellar Main Theme" by 2Hooks Music; choreo by Luca Demattè

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Not bad, I'd say that was a little better than at their last competition. Very good, high-quality twist and death spiral, troubles on kind of everything else.

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Because there are usually fewer pairs than entrants in other disciplines, the number of pairs Challengers was limited to 5 to ensure sufficient entry numbers.

All international competitions with at least two entries from two different countries count towards Worlds/4CC/Euros TES minimums (as long as the judging panel also fullfills the requirements, of course).
Thank you - that's really useful!

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
5 Katalin Janne SALATZKI / Lukas ROESELER GER
FS: "Where‘s my Love" by Syml; "Where‘s my Love" (Piano and Viola Version) by Syml; "Where‘s my Love (Duet)" performed by Syml & Lily Kershaw; choreo by Robynne Paige Tweedale

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
No, the number of competitions you can achieve official best scores at are very limited. JGPs, Jr Worlds, GPs, Challengers, Euros/4CC and Worlds, no other competition counts.
Thank you - that's useful, too - I was going to update Smart and Mattick's fan page with their new best short programme score from this event, but this event won't count, so I won't.:)

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was a pretty nice skate for what seems to be a new pair. She looks like she is going to be a real nice pair girl. She seems to have nice positions and is eager and happy when skating.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
That was nicely done by Katalin and Lukas. They were hindered quite a bit in Juniors by Covid and injuries, but they're steadily building consistency and quality.

They've done Triple throws in training, but are choosing quality over difficulty at the moment. I also think there's potential for 2A+2A, and/or 3S as SBS jumps, their 2Ss looks really loose in terms of air position.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
6 Louise EHRHARD / Matthis PELLEGRIS FRA
FS: "My Body Is a Cage" by Peter Gabriel; choreo by Stanislas Etzol

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
That was a pretty nice skate for what seems to be a new pair. She looks like she is going to be a real nice pair girl. She seems to have nice positions and is eager and happy when skating.
Second full season together, afaik they teamed up sometime around mid/late 2021?

Fun fact, her older sister skated with Nolan Seegert - Whose former partner has just won GP Espoo with her new partner. German skating is a small world 😁

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This season I set a goal to get to know some of the lower level skaters by watching more challengers and internationals. Slowly I am getting to know these skaters, keeping them all straight is another matter.

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
7 Greta CRAFOORD / John CRAFOORD SWE
FS: "In the End" by 2WEI, Linkin Park; "Will It Ever Be the Same" by Young Summer; "Survivor" by 2WEI, Destiny’s Child

labgoat

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Warm-up Group 3
8 Ioulia CHTCHETININA / Michal WOZNIAK POL
9 Lydia SMART / Harry MATTICK GBR
10 Anastasia VAIPAN-LAW / Luke DIGBY GBR
11 Anastasiia METELKINA / Luka BERULAVA GEO

labgoat