2023 World Figure Skating Championships Pairs Short Program | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2023 World Figure Skating Championships Pairs Short Program

SmileHappy34

Final Flight
Well done 🏅. Happy for Riku Mura /Riyuchi Muira on Japan's first title. Glad that Alexia and Brandon medal. Sara and Nicole from Italy medal. Good jon. Nice to see Chan/ Howe finished fifth. What a future the Canadian team have of Lea /Michad. Nice that Deanne finish fourth., Not the finish they wanted, but dis well anyway. Hocke/ her partner great job. Shows talent in pairs is deep. Yes Russian wasn't there but shows how good the teams are and will become to compete when they return. All teams are ready , willing to do what they need to do to podium or finish where they want, to be able to compete with whoever is their competition.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I believe its Shae Lynne Bourne
You 'believe' it's Shae Lynn Bourne? I can confirm for those who apparently don't remember Shae Lynn from her competitive days... Yes, that was Shae Lynn Bourne supporting Alexa & Brandon. Shae Lynn is two-time ISU choreographer of the year. Alexa & Brandon should have been scored higher than M/K on choreo IMO.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Arrives super late to this, but it's been impossible to catch up on the pairs until now and I probably won't make it through them all before the ladies start!

I should skip through the judge intro, but I'm already sitting on my couch...

Man three pairs miss out...that must suck honestly. Oh well, they did make it here!

I see there was supposed to be two Chinese pairs are here, what happened to the second pair? And when will Peng and Jin return? Are they are OK? I hope they haven't retired on the downlow!

The first Chinese pair, OMG, I love the Bee Gees immediate +5.00 GOE! Haha loving how into it Yang is, and wow doing triples for the first time in competition, they did very well indeed!

Now it's time to Check Out the Czech (no I never get tired of that joke :p) They did quite well also, not as fun as Zhang and Yang.

Team GB! You're right this music choice is a shocker! Don't know why the the Spiral was invalid though, Belinda hasn't mentioned it.

Speaking of, Belinda does explain a lot, probably because she's used to commentating for Australian broadcasts where a high percentage of the population does indeed have no idea about skating.

I don't know if the Death Spiral was counted in the end or not though!

And now onto Group 2!

Interesting to see Trennt and Danny here in this group, but they've got their new partners.

So wait two British pairs? I cant remember where these two finished last Worlds, but obviously high enough, good for them!

Starting with the pair from the Philipines, who did a pretty good job, especially with the twist! That was impressive! They seemed a bit confuzzled at the end of their music though, guess they finished too quick. Alexander covered it with some funky arm movements as is the in the style of pairs men :p

Lia and Trennt did super well!

Ellie and Danny had a pretty good program too - although only a double throw! The spin was nice though.

Oops time for the Women's Free, so I'll be off for now! I'll post more thoughts when I get a chance to see more.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Still catching up!

My goodness I literally had my hands over mouth during Violetta and Ivan's twist! Phew, Ivan saved her though. Polite of them not to replay it, that was scary!

But they didn't make the FS...unless some other team messes up bad and I sure hope not!

The Kovalevs! Her costume is so tacky and French I love it! Did Camille get a new hairstyle? I don't remember the curls...