2024 World Junior Championships Rhythm Dance | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2024 World Junior Championships Rhythm Dance

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
is -ette as a suffix for "small" common in Italian ? It's very very common in French.
it is (-etto, -etta, -etti, -ette), depending on the word of course. some dialects also have french influence especially in the areas aformentioned. i. e. in my dialect the word for socks is cosetta/e (with variations like cuasetta, or plural form in i)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
it is (-etto, -etta, -etti, -ette), depending on the word of course. some dialects also have french influence especially in the areas aformentioned. i. e. in my dialect the word for socks is cosetta/e (with variations like cuasetta, or plural form in i)
socks in French = chaussettes :)

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Still don't get why the French fed did not send Ambre and Samuel to Jr Worlds (especially after winning at the YOG) with these two being so wobbly this season... 🤔 France has too many good Jr Dancers to give up JGP spots freely :(
Well, despite being "wobbly", Fradji/Forneaux are still undoubtedly the French number 1 team in juniors, and Mouaden/Bigot are very talented.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Well, despite being "wobbly", Fradji/Forneaux are still undoubtedly the French number 1 team in juniors, and Mouaden/Bigot are very talented.
Mouaden/Bigot are definitely talented, but if you know that your number one team has been struggling with consistency the whole season, you would be better off picking the team with the next highest scoring potential as the second entry.

Even just a few spots up or down can make a difference in how many spots you get at next year's Jr Worlds, a 6th and 7th place finish for example would get France 3 spots in Ice Dance next season, instead of just 2. 🤷‍♀️

Ambre's and Samuel's score from the YOG would have been the 6th highest PB and in fact the 5th highest SB (above F/F) in this field.

Last edited:

fehervari

On the Ice
if the question arises as to what music and music style the judges like, then why is it possible to choose freely? (not the first time I hear it, not only from Ted Barton and not only in ice dancing...) jacko, madonna and the few that are they know. limit it. (by the way, the music selections in rd this season were horribly boring. which I liked: Tanaka and Nishiyama's Super Mario is brilliant. Lopareva and Brissaud are very domestic. amazing. and the Zehnder / Sieber pair, but in this the super choreography is very important as well)

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Does anyone see a full video of rhythm dance? I can only find a few separate dances?

Argh, apparently, blocked just like men's short by copyright sharks.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Mouaden/Bigot are definitely talented, but if you know that your number one team has been struggling with consistency the whole season, you would be better off picking the team with the next highest scoring potential as the second entry.

Even just a few spots up or down can make a difference in how many spots you get at next year's Jr Worlds, a 6th and 7th place finish for example would get France 3 spots in Ice Dance next season, instead of just 2. 🤷‍♀️

Ambre's and Samuel's score from the YOG would have been the 6th highest PB and in fact the 5th highest SB (above F/F) in this field.
I hadn't really seen Perrier Gianesini/Blanc Klaperman's performances or their scores from YOG. I suspect that the scores were a bit on the high side in that field, and they wouldn't have gotten anything like that if the top junior teams, including even Fradji/Forneaux, were there. But it's true that they could have gotten higher scores with clean skates at Junior Worlds than Mouaden/Bigot did, and M/B ended up just one place and 0.03 points (😱!) away from earning that third spot for France.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Does anyone see a full video of rhythm dance? I can only find a few separate dances?

Argh, apparently, blocked just like men's short by copyright sharks.
RD was blocked by SME (Sony Music) but it is now available. I haven't watched the entire competition but am guessing that the offending music has been removed and the rest of programs are ok.

skatingguy

On the Ice
RD was blocked by SME (Sony Music) but it is now available. I haven't watched the entire competition but am guessing that the offending music has been removed and the rest of programs are ok.
Yes, music in several performances is muted.

Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Thank you for letting me know! Usually they just remove a portion of the musical track. Gonna go watch right away!