2024 Worlds: Ticket Info | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2024 Worlds: Ticket Info

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'm not arriving until Wednesday, so I will have to fit in my sight seeing in between practices and some of the earlier groups.

@4everchan, what do you recommend for sight seeing? I've only been to Montreal once before. I'm super happy I'm staying right near Mandy's salads. I ate one of their salads the last time I went and it was so good. I'm also right near the Fine Arts Museum, so may check that out as well.
Walking in the old-port, Fine Arts Museum for sure, but if you prefer contemporary arts, the MAC is good https://macm.org/

have a look here : https://www.timeout.com/montreal/things-to-do/montreal-attractions

I'd pick

1) Old Montreal
3) Plateau (my favourite neighbourhood ! It's the best !!! :) )
4) The bridge is lit and it's super nice to see... but you don't have to make it a special outing as you could see it from afar

DO not bother with the Village at 6... it 's no longer nice... very big problems in that area right now since covid.. relatively unsafe at times.
7) you can see from visiting 1)
12) Notre-Dame
14) is very good (biodome) and if you go there, it means you will see 13 (Olympic stadium)
15) is nice and can be done by visiting 1)
18) is the Oratoire as @Arriba627 mentioned : what is nice with it is the view point as it is located on the Mount-Royal
21) if you like Smoked meat... it's iconic

of course, you should have a real bagel and a real poutine ;)

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Walking in the old-port, Fine Arts Museum for sure, but if you prefer contemporary arts, the MAC is good https://macm.org/

have a look here : https://www.timeout.com/montreal/things-to-do/montreal-attractions

I'd pick

1) Old Montreal
3) Plateau (my favourite neighbourhood ! It's the best !!! :) )
4) The bridge is lit and it's super nice to see... but you don't have to make it a special outing as you could see it from afar

DO not bother with the Village at 6... it 's no longer nice... very big problems in that area right now since covid.. relatively unsafe at times.
7) you can see from visiting 1)
12) Notre-Dame
14) is very good (biodome) and if you go there, it means you will see 13 (Olympic stadium)
15) is nice and can be done by visiting 1)
18) is the Oratoire as @Arriba627 mentioned : what is nice with it is the view point as it is located on the Mount-Royal
21) if you like Smoked meat... it's iconic

of course, you should have a real bagel and a real poutine ;)
I am staying in the Plateau area!

I'm looking at the schedule for competition and there is really not much down time to explore the city. I might have to take an event off in any case to wander the city (especially Old MTL), even I can only take so much skating.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I am staying in the Plateau area!

I'm looking at the schedule for competition and there is really not much down time to explore the city. I might have to take an event off in any case to wander the city (especially Old MTL), even I can only take so much skating.
i am not planning on doing practices and i definitely do not need to do sight seeing ;) but just the long days of competition and i hope i can survive... when i did skate canada a while back, i got so tired that i almost don't remember anything... so i need to pace myself

Daniel1998

Final Flight
i am not planning on doing practices and i definitely do not need to do sight seeing ;) but just the long days of competition and i hope i can survive... when i did skate canada a while back, i got so tired that i almost don't remember anything... so i need to pace myself
Yes, the events will be emotionally and physically draining. It's a different beast from Skate Canada, there's so many competitors at Worlds. I'm thinking about maybe skipping the short dance (it is so long!) to walk downtown and visit some shops and art galleries. I've visited the city once before when I was in grade school, but not since.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yes, the events will be emotionally and physically draining. It's a different beast from Skate Canada, there's so many competitors at Worlds. I'm thinking about maybe skipping the short dance (it is so long!) to walk downtown and visit some shops and art galleries. I've visited the city once before when I was in grade school, but not since.
yup... skate canada = 2 days... i didn't even do the gala... got tired, then sick..
worlds... i took the week off from work in the hope that i can manage this. The good news : i am only at 2.5kms away so I can go home easily, walking or taking transit. No need to drive or anything like that.
this will sound awful, but I don't mind skipping an early flight if necessary and watch it online later on. I am going to have to really pace myself.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Worlds is exhausting, and pacing yourself is key. If you are going to try to attend practices, it gets really tiring. I still remember Helsinki where I was at a practice from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm, and that didn't include watching everything. I was so tired I got on the wrong bus back to the hotel. Plus I think I was shaped like a chair after sitting there all day! :laugh2: Wouldn't trade it for anything tho. I know some people don't care about the practices, but I find it really fun to see the skaters interacting with their coaches.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm fine with pacing myself. This is only my 2nd Worlds, but I remember skipping some of the practices or early groups to sleep in when I was in Boston in 2016.

It IS a lot to take in as a spectator. I do hope the venue allows for coming and going during the day (allowing re-entry), I don't want to spend 12 hours at the venue every day, lol and also wanted to fit in sightseeing. I really have to work on my schedule this weekend to see what is doable.

I will be about a 15 minute walk from my accommodation, so perhaps I can sneak in a nap if needed.

Alisa

On the Ice
What is the fastest way to get between Verdun Auditorium and Bell Centre? I see that I can bus but I would Uber or take a taxi if there are any reliable car services.

Also, this will be my first worlds and I assume I should prioritize seeing my favorite disciplines practice in the main arena rather than the practice rink? I'm not sure if everyone attends both practices every day.

Thank you!

Icesea

Spectator
What is the fastest way to get between Verdun Auditorium and Bell Centre? I see that I can bus but I would Uber or take a taxi if there are any reliable car services.
You can walk from the Bell Center towards Ste-Catherine street and take the metro at Peel station and get off at De l'Église station (green line). Should take about 10 minutes.

Icesea

Spectator
Are we even allowed to attend practice sessions at the practice arena? I'm looking at the FAQ on the official website and it says that tickets include all practice at the Bell Center. I was looking forward to see the dance practice Friday morning.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, that was fast! I emailed Bell Centre and they answered immediately. The arena has WI Fi. CASHLESS arena.

Was there a specific email address you used or just the form on their website? I emailed them last weekend with a couple of questions and so far no response.

Does anyone know for sure if we can re-enter the venue multiple times/day since the tickets are day passes only? The tickets I got were in French and I'm not sure if they addressed that.

ChristineB

On the Ice
Was there a specific email address you used or just the form on their website? I emailed them last weekend with a couple of questions and so far no response.

Does anyone know for sure if we can re-enter the venue multiple times/day since the tickets are day passes only? The tickets I got were in French and I'm not sure if they addressed that.
Yes, we should definitely be able to re-enter as needed, provided we are scanning in and out each time.

Are there in and out privileges during each day of the event?

Fans must have their ticket scanned out when leaving the building during the event and tickets will be scanned upon re-entry into the Bell Centre.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

[email protected] was what I used. I contacted them a second time and received another super quick response. Give it a try...Oh, good question on the re-enter! Oh, I see ChristineB's response. Awesome.

soccerjc77

On the Ice
I have a question, I buy an individual ticket day for the saturday for men and dance FS.
Does this ticket include to see the practice in the morning saturday ? or this ticket include only the competition who begin in 13h30 ?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
From the OP here, which copies the event site:

Day tickets are priced starting at $78.25 CAD and can be purchased online at Ticketmaster.ca. Each day ticket includes access to the daily competition and early practice at the Bell Centre (excluding the Exhibition Gala practice).

Practice tickets not involving the Bell Centre, i.e. at Verdun Auditorium:

Day tickets to the official practice sessions for the ISU World Figure Skating Championships® 2024 are now on sale! Held at the Verdun Auditorium in Montreal, Quebec, from March 18-23....

Day tickets are priced at $10, plus applicable taxes and fees.
Please note that seating will be general admission. Tickets can be purchased online at Eventbrite.com