Actual weight of Edea vs Jackson! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Actual weight of Edea vs Jackson!

treesprite

Final Flight
My new lightweight-version of Jackson Supremes don't seem noticeably lighter to me compared to my old standard-version boots. They feel a lot softer and will probably break in easier than my old boots, and I am worried that they will follow the path of Edeas in fast breakdown. I hope that is not the case, because $900 is too much for me to spend on boots more than once or twice a decade (had to get customs, hence the higher price).

Jh9772

Rinkside
My new lightweight-version of Jackson Supremes don't seem noticeably lighter to me compared to my old standard-version boots. They feel a lot softer and will probably break in easier than my old boots, and I am worried that they will follow the path of Edeas in fast breakdown. I hope that is not the case, because $900 is too much for me to spend on boots more than once or twice a decade (had to get customs, hence the higher price).

I also have Jackson supremes (ordered in the 95 stiffness) and they don’t feel any lighter than my old premieres. Maybe if I used light weight blades I would feel a difference. I had hoped the softer feeling was just the new microfiber material they’re using, but breaking these in feels no different than breaking in my premieres, so it’s a bit of a concern I have as well.

treesprite

Final Flight
I also have Jackson supremes (ordered in the 95 stiffness) and they don’t feel any lighter than my old premieres. Maybe if I used light weight blades I would feel a difference. I had hoped the softer feeling was just the new microfiber material they’re using, but breaking these in feels no different than breaking in my premieres, so it’s a bit of a concern I have as well.

You went up in firmness, which could account for the weight not being lighter. I have and did have 85 firmness on my last boots of standard material, and this new pair. I changed blades, which could make a difference, and the boots are bigger than my old ones, so perhaps those are reasons for not feeling a weght difference.

I really don't think the difference in weight is enough to make a noticeable difference unless all variables are the same except for the materials used in the construction of the boot. Of course a person who has never skated in standard leather advanced boots would not notice a difference due to lack of something to compare.