Adam Rippon | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Adam Rippon

aname

On the Ice
Yes, I am just impatient. It will be a while before Olympic videos are more readily available. Patience...patience... :gaah:
Just in case somebody doesn't already know this: Olympic Channel has all the figure skating events from Pyeongchang: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/events/figure-skating--pyeongchang-2018/

But yeah, it isn't the handiest way to watch a specific program. E.g. if you want to watch Adam's team FS, you have to go to the event video (https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/playback/team-event-mens-free-skating-figure-skating-pyeongchang-2018-replays/) and find the 29 min mark.

luckyguy

Match Penalty
Cover of OUT magazine (May 2018): Rippon and Kenworthy as American Idols. They seem to be new heroes of the gay scene. Here is a pic from the French gay magazine Têtu.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Adam for making the Time 100 list! His tribute is written by Cher, of all people!

I assume he will be attending the gala in NYC on April 24th.

aname

On the Ice
Congrats to Adam for making the Time 100 list! His tribute is written by Cher, of all people!

I assume he will be attending the gala in NYC on April 24th.
Adam's little speech: TIME 100's Adam Rippon Praises 'All the Moms' Who Have Helped Their Kids 'Realize Their True Potential'. (It's also on youtube)

And there are several interviews from the red carpet now online.

And there are several articles like this floating around (lol)

Most importantly: he met RuPaul!

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
So after DWTS and SOI Adam is going on a Pride cruise with......... Johnny Weir!! That should be interesting.

"Celebrity Flagship Party Celebrity Summit:
Award-winning figure-skaters Adam Rippon and Johnny Weir will serve as ambassadors and grand marshals
for the Pride Party at Sea, making an appearance at the flagship party on Celebrity Summit." Departure is from NJ to Bermuda June 3rd .

Hope he gets to relax and SLEEP on the cruise. :bed:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Contemporary dance performed by Adam and Jenna on DWTS was just breathtaking. Beautiful choreo for another take of Coldplay song: luv17:

That was really good. Original interesting choreography... well done - above the level i expect from the likes of DWTS. With some help with Cameraography.

Well done Adam! You are a bird for life... makes a really nice combo with his bird FS, the moment he became an artist to me. And yeah for Adam's mum!! I didn't know she is a single mum of 6!! Wow!

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I just saw on Twitter. Adam will be competing at the 2018 Finlandia Trophy.
Now I am confused because this is a competition and I thought he was retiring. Is this a B competition, not a GP event?
hmmmmm.......:confused:

aname

On the Ice
I just saw on Twitter. Adam will be competing at the 2018 Finlandia Trophy.
Now I am confused because this is a competition and I thought he was retiring. Is this a B competition, not a GP event?
hmmmmm.......:confused:
You're talking about the poster? That's only a pre-season online poster, or a banner, whatever is the correct term, featuring skaters from the 2017 Finlandia Trophy. Adam (who has competed there 3 times) just happens to be the only non-Finnish skater featured for whatever reason. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

ETA: This is the latest blurb about his competitive future... No official retirement announcement yet, but it sounds like he hasn't even talked with Raf face to face after the Olys. And it's been 3 months...
And how about your skating future – are you considering competing again?
It’s been such a whirlwind from the Olympics that I need to sit down, I need to talk to my coach and really go over what I think is going to be the best thing for me. Once all of this settles down and I have the chance to go home and sit down with Rafael (Arutunian), I think that’s when I’ll really think about what the best option is for me.

ribbit

On the Ice
There's a long, thoughtful profile of Adam in today's Guardian (a major British newspaper):

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...ce-skater-adam-rippon-on-taking-on-mike-pence

The content of the profile won't be news to Adam's fans, but the quotations are terrific as always:

His most important work, he says, has been with the Trevor Project, which provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to young LGBTQ people. “I asked myself: what did I want to do? How can I help other people?” he says. “And it makes me think about the people who have come before me, what they’ve gone through. I got to have this amazing conversation with Billie Jean King and she told me about when she was outed, how her career suffered and spiralled out of control. And so I thought, if I’m given this platform and I can get to engage with so many people, what can I do to help other people so that they don’t need to go through what I went through as a kid?"

It's great to see international recognition of his courage, eloquence, and sense of responsibility to make the world a better place than he found it.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Adam and mom have arrived in Sun Valley for the show this weekend to end the SV On Ice 2018 season!