Adam Siao Him Fa | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Adam Siao Him Fa

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Adam's firsh vlog post:

This is not a proper translation, so I used the third person rather than the first person.

[This video describes his week in Paris just after World Championships; as he's not training there, I suppose that he packs as many appointments and tasks there when he goes. Also, there are dialogues in English, I hope that they're understandable. As a French with a strong accent, I cannot judge if they are.]
First, he went to EuroSport Parisian studios for an interview. Then, he went "incognito" to a public session at the Paris-Bercy ice rink [it has long been "the" major French rink, until the Cergy facilities were built]. Then, to InterGlace, a skating shop, to get new blades and new boots.
He used to skate with (Wilson) Gold Seal until 18, then he switched to Gold Seal Revolution, and he wished to try again [I don't understand if this means that he's back from Gold Seal Revolution to Gold Seal, or if he had another pair of blades and is coming back to Gold Seal Revolution, I'm sure that blade experts here can tell]. ["Canon" is a colloquial term for "very good looking".]
His boots are Sky 200 by Aura.
He puts the first screwto position the blade, then he skates a first time to look if the position is all right. When it is, he adds other screws. Before putting the boot in the oven for "formage" (shaping?) he loosens a bit the hooks to avoid widening the holes. When hooks are too worn, they can be replaced using some from another pair of boots. [After the oven] he laces up the boots at about 60%, not too tight, up to the ankle, then remains in a flexed position during 15 minutes.
The next day, he has an appointment at the Cergy ice rink for a session of acrobatic skating.
[After 11:00 of the video] he has a lunch with Thierry [I couldn't hear his last name] a classical music composer, who also plays piano.

cailuj365

On the Ice
I loved this! Peels back the curtain of how elite skaters train and how he thinks about his equipment. Loved seeing how he gets his boots exactly right. Really looking forward to ep 2. (FYI, their English is great, very understandable when they switched to it.)

Arigato

Final Flight
Country
United-States
[After 11:00 of the video] he has a lunch with Thierry [I couldn't hear his last name] a classical music composer, who also plays piano.

At 10:53, his name is Kirill Richter, a gifted musician and composer. He composed the piece that Valieva skated to: In Memoriam.
The music is haunting and beautiful.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
At 10:53, his name is Kirill Richter, a gifted musician and composer. He composed the piece that Valieva skated to: In Memoriam.
The music is haunting and beautiful.

Oh thank you! So I hadn't even got his first name right!