Adam Siao Him Fa | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Adam Siao Him Fa

Marirue

On the Ice
I have to say that Adam Siao an unexpected yet astute decision to do the backflip which it went off to the Internet and I don't think that the FS connoisseurs would've expect this:

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
I have a question and this might be the best place to ask it. I have read that Adam's surname is Siao. So where and how did the Him Fa get added? Surnames of both parents, perhaps? Forgive me for my simple and perhaps ignorant question. I am genuinely curious. And by the way, I enjoy Adam's skating a lot. :)

Last edited:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I have a question and this might be the best place to ask it. I have read that Adam's surname is Siao. So where and how did the Him Fa get added? Surnames of both parents, perhaps? Forgive me for my simple and perhaps ignorant question. I am genuinely curious. And by the way, I enjoy Adam's skating a lot. :)
I didn't know! It's not his mother's surname either:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hello Adam fans!

I researched Adam's name as best I could a while back, as I thought it was a fascinating name.

Evidently, Mauritians of Chinese descent use three names. The explanation I have seen online is that when a Chinese immigrant gave his full name to immigration registry, all three names were listed as the last name.

Presumably Adam has an ancestor Siao Him Fa who emigrated to Mauritius and whose full name was transformed into a last name. Adam's mother also has a (different) three syllable last name.