Advice on skates? | Golden Skate

Advice on skates?

nddd

Spectator
Hi everyone!! I need some advice.

I was skating competitively (lutz, single loop, sit spin, working on axel)for about 2.5 years, but I stopped since 2020. Now, I am planning to get back into skating.

I'm not exactly sure which skates to buy but I really like jackson's skates. I want to buy skates that are durable and can stay with me for a long time. The skates that I was considering were jackson's elle and freestyle, but I am open to further suggestions.

Weight: 45 kg(around 99- 100 lbs)
Height: 164 cm(around 5'5)
Feet size: U
S 6.5- 7

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada

I was skating competitively (lutz, single loop, sit spin, working on axel)for about 2.5 years, but I stopped since 2020. Now, I am planning to get back into skating.

I'm not exactly sure which skates to buy but I really like jackson's skates. I want to buy skates that are durable and can stay with me for a long time. The skates that I was considering were jackson's elle and freestyle, but I am open to further suggestions.

S 6.5- 7
Hi and welcome back to the ice! First question: where are you located? You'll find that the experts here (I'm an old skater, not a coach or technician) will tell you to go to a skate shop and get advice and fitting from a technician there. They know where the best skate shops are in a lot of areas in North America and Europe, but they need to know where is the closest one to you. There are so many variables to take into consideration beyond just your boot size and technical level. Good luck! You'll get a lot of good advice here, just work with the people who answer :)

nddd

Spectator
Hi and welcome back to the ice! First question: where are you located? You'll find that the experts here (I'm an old skater, not a coach or technician) will tell you to go to a skate shop and get advice and fitting from a technician there. They know where the best skate shops are in a lot of areas in North America and Europe, but they need to know where is the closest one to you. There are so many variables to take into consideration beyond just your boot size and technical level. Good luck! You'll get a lot of good advice here, just work with the people who answer :)
Hi there! I'm currently in Coquitlam, BC in Canada!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

S 6.5- 7
Hi and welcome! You need to get a proper fitting to make sure that your foot even works with Jackson and if they do I wouldn't suggest anything lower than a debut fusion for you, the ones you suggested are for rec skating kids and will not be stiff enough to support you and your skills.

So, further questions: What are your arches like? Foot shape?

The only two places I would send you for a fitting are:

CYCLONE TAYLOR FIGURE SKATING
1005 WEST 49TH AVENUE
VANCOUVER, BC V6M 2P7, Canada
Phone: 6042649261

or

PETE'S SKATE SHOP
2848 ACACIA DRIVE
VICTORIA, BC V9B 2C3, Canada
Phone: 2504741334

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Hi there! I'm currently in Coquitlam, BC in Canada!
Well, that was simple. I'm nearby in Richmond. You want to try Skater's Edge Boutique in Coquitlam first. 604-521-5550, but I don't know their street address. If you still don't find exactly what you're looking for, I use Cyclone Taylor's Figure Skating Skate Shop in Vancouver at 49th and Oak. Those two are about it for the Vancouver area. Now I'll step aside :slink:and let others give you more technical advice. I wore Jackson boots myself for decades, but they changed the fit to something that wasn't right for my feet anymore, so this year I moved into Risports. The fitter at Skater's Edge will know what's right for your foot shape, arch height, etc etc etc. Good luck!

SK4T3

Rinkside
Welcome Back!

Maybe you can track down your old brand of Boots and Blades. Maybe they are still in your possess?

Based on your own experiences you can make a good consideration. But search for advice at a local SkateProShop as the locals above ^^^ mentioned.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Welcome Back!

Maybe you can track down your old brand of Boots and Blades. Maybe they are still in your possess?

Based on your own experiences you can make a good consideration. But search for advice at a local SkateProShop as the locals above ^^^ mentioned.
I'm not a local lol! I just know all the reputable skate shops, b/c I've been there, done that! :laugh: