Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze | Page 39 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

readernick

Medalist
"Utkin: “Kiselev's wife is very friendly with Tutberidze. Isn't that why in the story with Kostornaya she is again all in white lace?Journalist Vasily Utkin reacted to the words of support from TV presenter Dmitry Kiselev to figure skating coach Eteri Tutberidze.

Kiselev called the situation with the transition from Tutberidze to Yevgeny Plushenko of the fugristers Alexandra Trusova and Alena Kostornaya from Tutberidze to Evgeny Plushenko, saying that "her school was literally robbed."

“Today, the situation with the departure of Tutberidze students was commented on by Dmitry Kiselev, TV presenter, deputy chairman of the All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company and the head of Russia Today. Read, everything is in the best traditions there.

He defends Tutberidze not for the first time and not for the first day in fact. In the organizations under his jurisdiction, it is forbidden by instructions to write and speak about Eteri Georgievna anything more critical than a hypothetical statement that her sweat smells of honeysuckle.

Repression happened. I will not name names, this applies to other people - up to the dismissal in three days.

Kiselev's wife is very, very friendly with Eteri Georgievna. Is this why we are now looking at the story of Kostornaya's departure, and by her example we are convinced: well, one does not fight with the other, a lot of omissions, again Tutberidze is all in white lace, well, it cannot always be like this? .. Or maybe "- wrote Utkin in his telegram channel."

https://sport24.ru/news/other/2020-...-govorit-o-tutberidze-chto-libo-kriticheskoye

Lovely. More drama just what we all need. :disapp:

eliana

On the Ice
I don't know Plushenko and I don't judge him in anyway ( other than not liking his previous interview about Alyona where I thought his comments were not wise or respectful). I have never questioned or even thought about Plushenko's business success, I am just surprised that skating rinks can be constructed with such ease. It would takes years of planning and hundreds of permits to do something like that in most countries.

At least we agree that he isn't humble �� . You obviously see that as a positive, but I think it is possible to be successful and humble. Many champions are both. Although, I think his confidence was likely one of his main charms for his fans when he was skating. Even I love "sex bomb" ��.

Sex Bomb is one of the few I don't like. But I'm glad there are people who like it

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
She jumps a total of 5 lzes short+free, so the point advantage she receives from those not being properly ruled as e or even ! is enormous and incomparable to any other skater with edge issues on the lutz. Hence, why people criticize her lutz so much more than other skaters'. Or maybe... it seems to be so bcs delusioned fans deny her weaknesses more often and people get into long arguments :sarcasm:

I don't see how in any reality landed 4Lz or 4Lz-3T (or for that matter 3Lz-3Lo combo) with ! sign on a Lutz and even only +1 overall GOE should be called a 'weakness'. It's not that other lady skaters are landing those jumps/combos without ! sign and +4 GOE. Yes, her 3Lz is not always a very good jump, but i would never call it a weakness when it is in 100% of cases a safely landed jump.

dhjh811

On the Ice
I don't see how in any reality landed 4Lz or 4Lz-3T combo (or for that matter 3Lz-3Lo) with ! sign on a Lutz and even only +1 overall GOE should be called a 'weakness'. It's not that other lady skaters are landing that jump without ! sign and +4 GOE.

Yes, but do those other lady skaters jump 5 lutzes? Just how many points advantage is she getting from uncalled ! and e's? The weakness I am referring to here is her flat~inside edge on the lutz. I never said her ability to jump 4lzes are a weakness.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
"Utkin: “Kiselev's wife is very friendly with Tutberidze. Isn't that why in the story with Kostornaya she is again all in white lace?Journalist Vasily Utkin reacted to the words of support from TV presenter Dmitry Kiselev to figure skating coach Eteri Tutberidze.

Kiselev called the situation with the transition from Tutberidze to Yevgeny Plushenko of the fugristers Alexandra Trusova and Alena Kostornaya from Tutberidze to Evgeny Plushenko, saying that "her school was literally robbed."

“Today, the situation with the departure of Tutberidze students was commented on by Dmitry Kiselev, TV presenter, deputy chairman of the All-Russian State Television and Radio Broadcasting Company and the head of Russia Today. Read, everything is in the best traditions there.

He defends Tutberidze not for the first time and not for the first day in fact. In the organizations under his jurisdiction, it is forbidden by instructions to write and speak about Eteri Georgievna anything more critical than a hypothetical statement that her sweat smells of honeysuckle.

Repression happened. I will not name names, this applies to other people - up to the dismissal in three days.

Kiselev's wife is very, very friendly with Eteri Georgievna. Is this why we are now looking at the story of Kostornaya's departure, and by her example we are convinced: well, one does not fight with the other, a lot of omissions, again Tutberidze is all in white lace, well, it cannot always be like this? .. Or maybe "- wrote Utkin in his telegram channel."

https://sport24.ru/news/other/2020-...-govorit-o-tutberidze-chto-libo-kriticheskoye

That’s kind of hilarious, because if he’s hinting at Vaitsekhovskaya (I can’t think of anyone else) being the „political victim“, in fact she went from working at R-Sport to Russia Today, BOTH are managed by that Kiselev guy, even says it in the article.

Vaits‘s FS articles on Russia Today are available online:
https://russian.rt.com/sport/article/770633-isu-figurnoe-katanie-kubok-rossii

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
I don't see how in any reality landed 4Lz or 4Lz-3T combo (or for that matter 3Lz-3Lo) with ! sign on a Lutz and even only +1 overall GOE should be called a 'weakness'. It's not that other lady skaters are landing that jump without ! sign and +4 GOE.
She has never jumped 4LZ-3T, not even a single 4LZ or 3LZ. The lutz jump has outside edge, minimal pre-rotation and 2.75 revolutions in the air. Her lutz has flat edge, excessive pre-rotation and 2.25 (triple) or 3.25 (quad) revolutions in the air. Yet she is the Olympic gold medal candidate.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
She has never jumped 4LZ-3T, not even a single 4LZ or 3LZ. The lutz jump has outside edge, minimal pre-rotation and 2.75 revolutions in the air. Her lutz has flat edge, excessive pre-rotation and 2.25 (triple) or 3.25 (quad) revolutions in the air. Yet she is the Olympic gold medal candidate.

Sorry, but the ISU and judging protocols are saying otherwise. They are calling it a Lutz, just not the one with the best edge and take off. So, it's obvious who is delusional here.

readernick

Medalist
I don't see how in any reality landed 4Lz or 4Lz-3T (or for that matter 3Lz-3Lo combo) with ! sign on a Lutz and even only +1 overall GOE should be called a 'weakness'. It's not that other lady skaters are landing those jumps/combos without ! sign and +4 GOE.

It is impressive she can land quads. She is incredible girl. Sasha also lands the 4Lz and hers is done with a a proper edge and with far less pre-rotation. If Anna doesn't receive the ! call (which she didn't after the letter from the Russian federation) and isn't called on her URs, that hurts the relative scores of other skaters including Sasha, Rika, Liza, Alexia P who are performing their jumps correctly, If Anna's 5 lutzes were consistently marked with the ! and her GOE remained low, people would not complain about the scores. However, that is not what happened in the events following the Cup Of China. However, any irritation I feel is directed toward the judges and the Russian fed for sending that letter. Anna is not responsible for the way she is judged, she is only doing her best. I have nothing but respect for her personally.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
It is impressive she can land quads. She is incredible girl. Sasha also lands the 4Lz and hers is done with a a proper edge and with far less pre-rotation. If Anna doesn't receive the ! call (which she didn't after the letter from the Russian federation) and isn't called on her URs, that hurts the relative scores of other skaters including Sasha, Rika, Liza, Alexia P who are performing their jumps correctly, If Anna's 5 lutzes were consistently marked with the ! and her GOE remained low, people would not complain about the scores. However, that is not what happened in the events following the Cup Of China. However, any irritation I feel is directed toward the judges and the Russian fed for sending that letter. Anna is not responsible for the way she is judged, she is only doing her best. I have nothing but respect for her personally.

But the fact is that skaters are not jumping the same jumps always the same. Sometimes the edge/take off is better, sometimes is worse. Jumps are performing differently from competition to competition, that is the whole point of having competitions in first place. What Russian federation complained about is consistency in judging of the tech panel, in terms that sometimes the tech panel is harsher one and sometimes is lenient one (for example in IDF both Alina and Kaori got a bunch of tech calls, comparing to two previous Grand Prix events where there were less calls in general). But, if they were more 'similar' in their 'harshness', Anna would probably choose to jump two 4F, instead of two 4Lz, and she would maybe get even more points because of it (especially now when both jumps have the same Base Value) :eek:topic:

macy

Record Breaker

:palmf:

i really can't express how exhausting this has become.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
:palmf:

i really can't express how exhausting this has become.
Most of all why exactly is this even a theme in this thread, i mean this thread is supposed to be about alyonas change from eteri to plushenko and not a discussion about anna.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
But the fact is that skaters are not jumping the same jumps always the same. Sometimes the edge/take off is better, sometimes is worse. Jumps are performing differently from competition to competition, that is the whole point of having competitions in first place. What Russian federation complained about is consistency in judging, sometimes the tech panel is harsher one, sometimes is lenient one. But, if they were more 'similar' in their 'harshness', Anna would probably chose to jump two 4F, instead of two 4Lz, and she would get even more points because of it (especially now when both jumps have the same Base Value) :eek:topic:
They do not have the same base value. This rule was canceled. Just like the excessive pre-rotation rule.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
They do not have the same base value. This rule was canceled. Just like the excessive pre-rotation rule.
Mabye if you wantto discuss anna and what you think of her skating open another thread, this is not a thread for this discussion this is a thread to discuss alyona changing coaches

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Fluture

Record Breaker
I want to see someone talk as passionately about the correct technical execution of a Salchow or Rittberger like it‘s happening now with the lutz. Just for a change of pace. :handw:

readernick

Medalist
But the fact is that skaters are not jumping the same jumps always the same. Sometimes the edge/take off is better, sometimes is worse. Jumps are judged differently from competition to competition, that is the whole point of having competitions in first place. What Russian federation complained about is consistency in judging, sometimes the tech panel is harsher one, sometimes is lenient one. But, if they were more 'similar' in their 'harshness', Anna would probably chose to jump two 4F, instead of two 4Lz, and she would get even more points because of it (especially now when both jumps have the same Base Value) :eek:topic:

Agree that jumps can change. But, Anna's jump did not change between Cup of China and other competitions. I have never seen Anna do a proper outside edge lutz. It isn't the same as Alina who very occasionally does a 3Lze, usually does a 3Lz!, and used to do a true 3lz. The changing calls are valid in her case. Anna's jump is consistently flat or inside. And, you are right that she isn't the only skater whose technical errors are ignored (we can only hope that the technical panels will be more consistent), but her 5lzs make lack of calls very obvious. Often, the judges will ignore one flat lutz in a program, but they usually don't ignore two. She does 4 in the LP and doesn't get called, and the calls stopped after the Russian letter. It appears to be pressure from the federation, and people really hate national bias in figure skating and unfair judging.

I hope Anna does do 4F rather than 4lz.

However, the BV is not the same. The ISU went back on that communication about Lz, F, and loop. They claimed it was due to the pandemic. The lutz still has a higher BV.

readernick

Medalist
I want to see someone talk as passionately about the correct technical execution of a Salchow or Rittberger like it‘s happening now with the lutz. Just for a change of pace. :handw:

:agree: For that, I would like to praise Medvedeva. Her 3lo and 3S are beautiful jumps. And her 3S3lo is stunning!

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
It was interesting for me to read the words of Kiselev about the situation with the transitions of Trusova and Kostornaya.
https://sport24.ru/news/other/2020-...gnusnaya-istoriya-my-vypikhivayem-yeye-v-ssha ( Google translate will help)
Because this person is not just an ordinary FS lover. He is at the helm of one of the largest information channels in Russia and has first-hand information. Based on his words in the interview , I can conclude that Tutberidze is very unhappy that her dominance is threatened by the Plushenko school. Also bearing in mind the alleged personal friendship between Kiselev's wife and Tutberidze, the last phrase of the interview looks like an "attempt at blackmail" . He literally says that because of this, she can go to the United States and there prepare champions for America.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Agree that jumps can change. But, Anna's jump did not change between Cup of China and other competitions. I have never seen Anna do a proper outside edge lutz.

Well, judges and me disagree with that. It's certainly not a deep outside edge who will get a GOE bullet for a good take off, but it can sometimes still be a slightly outside edge to not be called by a tech panel. Her last Lz at Cup of China shouldn't be called as ! for sure. But, let's not talk about it here anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.