Alena Kostornaia | Page 141 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

SkateSkates

Medalist
Ahhh I’m so happy for Aliona! We all knew she could do it, it was only a matter of time. I hope she can land at least 1 cleanly in competition so she feels comfortable with it before IDF

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
No other lady (except for Liu) does that kind of entrance, not even Rika... LOL, all ladies to compete at IdF and NHK must be panicking right now, Eteri bringing the chaos!!

Rika has done this entrance in practice last year, but has yet to show it in competition.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Alyona's 3A is a thing of beauty. The GOE she will get on that wow. With her FS layout she can score over 170 with her usual GOE and if she gets around 70+ in PCs

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Rika has done this entrance in practice last year, but has yet to show it in competition.

I know, that’s why I only mentioned Alysa. :)
Rika surely got more motivation to do that entry in competition now!
Also... will we see gorgeous Ina Bauer into 3A this year or is it too much to ask? :)

Vlad Karigov

On the Ice
Alyona's 3A is a thing of beauty. The GOE she will get on that wow. With her FS layout she can score over 170 with her usual GOE and if she gets around 70+ in PCs

Neither exaggerate so much, at most it will reach 165 with maximum TES of 90, 170 is Trusova level with TES of 100 or more...

Putting 2 3A already puts it above Shcherbakova until it includes 2 4Lz combined. It seems that the season 2019-2020 is clearing now, Team Tutberidze full podium.

SkateSkates

Medalist
I calculated her TES with all +3 and it’s about 87.5

If she can do some elements with higher quality then maybe it can reach 90, but that’s probably the current max.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Neither exaggerate so much, at most it will reach 165 with maximum TES of 90, 170 is Trusova level with TES of 100 or more...

Putting 2 3A already puts it above Shcherbakova until it includes 2 4Lz combined. It seems that the season 2019-2020 is clearing now, Team Tutberidze full podium.

I beg to differ. I took the layout Alena did in her runthrough and gave her the GOEs she got all season long last season (she got mostly 4s and a few 3s and 5s) and came up with a TES of 98 by giving her mostly 4s and a few 3s. If she gets 70+ in PCs her score is 168-172, depending on her PCs.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
I beg to differ. I took the layout Alena did in her runthrough and gave her the GOEs she got all season long last season (she got mostly 4s and a few 3s and 5s) and came up with a TES of 98 by giving her mostly 4s and a few 3s. If she gets 70+ in PCs her score is 168-172, depending on her PCs.

Sadly, you're forgetting about the bane of all fresh seniors - the "zero-reputation hammer"; we've seen it used by the judges on Anya and Sasha, and Alyona is from the same 'stable', she might very well get the same 'welcome' treatment too.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Gosh, she just floats down from it. I'm sure it's challenging, but she doesn't make it look hard at all. I feel so bad for all the other Russian ladies who probably didn't think she'd be much of a threat after test skates :console:
Not only russian ladies, but all ladies that are about to compete with her!
We're in shock, can you imagine how they're feeling? :hpull:

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States

I mean, even without a 3A I figured she was going to be on the podium at both of her GP assignments. Getting out of Russia in the second half of the season was going to be the hardest part. If she goes clean with this content though, I can definitely see her making the Euros and Worlds teams.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist

Well, at least 3 of them are looking at Alyona and saying "Cool, sure, but no biggie" since they've seen it daily during training :biggrin:

Scott512

Record Breaker
This is the best news I could possibly have woken up to today [emoji7][emoji24] I'm so proud of our girl!! This little vampire is going to make heads roll.
Yes this is unbelievable news. But I think world peace would have even topped it. ;) I will gladly take this news about Alena's triple axel. Adding this this season will put her in the real mix for the national team. Awesome.

I'm not sure about your heads roll comment. It sounds a bit violent. What do you mean by that? Lol. Right now this news about Aliona is so exciting for this season and the potential she has this season and far more importantly the next two seasons.
holy cow :love: best one being done by any lady in the world, by far!

Easily the best I've ever seen and the most beautiful trixel done with such height and precision and beauty it's hard to believe. Alena made an incredibly tough move look so easy.

To be honest I was hoping she would add the triple axel next season after she got her feet wet and some real experience this season. But if she can get the triple axel done now why not?