Alena Kostornaia | Page 207 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

McBibus

On the Ice

I just connected to post this! :ghug:
I hope more of the shot would come out, maybe with Aliona alone.

Funny thing in the cover she looks the tallest of them all :biggrin:
That great stage presence from the ice to the camera :love:
She looks commanding.
Sasha also looks more beautiful than ever with grownup dress and makeup.

In the dress in the 2nd photo Aliona looks like an Angel :luv17:
Perfect

Heikkitapani

Rinkside
I just connected to post this! :ghug:
I hope more of the shot would come out, maybe with Aliona alone.

Funny thing in the cover she looks the tallest of them all :biggrin:
That great stage presence from the ice to the camera :love:
She looks commanding.
Sasha also looks more beautiful than ever with grownup dress and makeup.

In the dress in the 2nd photo Aliona looks like an Angel :luv17:
Perfect

Alionas eyes are almost as stunning and unique as her skating. And that´s quite a statement.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

McBibus

On the Ice
Alionas eyes are almost as stunning and unique as her skating. And that´s quite a statement.

Her eyes are magical and really bring you in.
they attract your attention like magnets and it's impossible to look away.
It not simply the beauty of the iris and the cut of the eyes: it's the look.

Batsuchan

Medalist
Hopefully the page of her interview will show up on the internet soon!

Here's a picture of her interview text and then a translation in the comments :agree:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8e4jiSIIHV/

Translation provided by kostornaiateam:
People call Eteri Georgiyevna Ice Queen for a reason. On the ice, she’s really like that. She’s demanding to herself first of all, and then to us. She wants us to be the best. First time I met her at the Russian Nationals in St. Petersbourg. I got in the same worm up group with her girls and I understood that everything I did before is just a kindergarten. Right after that she took me in her team.
In 2019/20 season I made my debut on senior competitions. I remember Grand Prix in Grenoble most of all. I won it, but there was a little confusion. At the medal ceremony my gold medal was given to the American skater Mariah Bell who took the 3rd place. But she quickly figured it out and she put the medal on me herself.
I set my personal best there. And there I was skating to my favorite music from the “Twilight”. I think that program is my favorite. I just adore Kristen Stewart in that movie, and it’s pretty easy for me to get into that character. Just like Bella Swan, I have two usual states: either I don't want to do anything, or my energy is in full swing.
Training takes up most of my time, but now I’m trying to pay attention to my education as much as it’s possible. Next year I’ll have to take Unified State Exams, and then I’m going to go to university. I still didn’t make the choice: journalistic of medicine? I know for sure I don’t want to become a coach, but I could become a sport observer or a neurosurgeon with a great pleasure. I don't go to school often, I send my homework to my teachers by email.
In my free time, that’s in the summer, I like to do show jumping. I learn some basics of it with my riding coach, and then I work it off in my aunt’s stabling with her horse named Rocky. Besides the winning the coming World Championships in Montreal, I have another goal. I’m saving my prize money for buying my own horse. I want to buy a Frizian or a Gypsy horse. Both of those breeds are very beautiful, but Gypsy horses are a little much better in jumping.

OMG, Aliona wants to buy a horse with her winnings?!! Well then she better win Worlds so she can earn more! :agree: :laugh:

I was surprised that she's still considering becoming a neurosurgeon. I thought she had given that up completely! :eek:

It is interesting that she's sure she doesn't want to be a coach... I wonder why? :confused:
But I suspect that might be the right decision. I feel like Aliona is kind of a "natural" for skating and jumping, and for ballet, at least, I've found that people who are really naturally talented are not great teachers, because they can easily do something without thinking, and as a result, they have a hard time trying to explain how to do a certain movement.

I have to say I'm a little bit disappointed by the pictures I've seen so far. I like the one with Aliona and Alina, but this one, with the blade covers and her hair covering her face--what a waste! I mean, you barely have to do anything to make Aliona look good, you can practically take a snapshot at any time while she's skating and she looks gorgeous, and yet we get this... :dev2:

Hopefully there will be other photos! And not just that--hopefully there will be many more photoshoots and magazine covers in Aliona's future! :agree:

Batsuchan

Medalist
Her eyes are magical and really bring you in.
they attract your attention like magnets and it's impossible to look away.
It not simply the beauty of the iris and the cut of the eyes: it's the look.

On the Russian forums they often say that Aliona has mermaid eyes or looks like a nymph. :luv17:

And I agree, and that's why I really want Aliona to skate to "Ondine" from Ravel's "Gaspard de la nuit."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj8cBmWZhP0

The story/poem depicted in the music is that of a mermaid-princess who tries to seduce a man to come with her to her kingdom at the bottom of the lake. And I just feel like that's a character Aliona could portray very well. :yes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaspard_de_la_nuit#I._Ondine

The music has delicacy and lightness, but also some aggressive and dark parts.
And I can totally see Aliona in some kind of greenish/blue mermaid costume...:love:

Sigh, if only I were artistic and could design a costume, I would totally suggest this in the contest for Aliona's new program! :yes:

Batsuchan

Medalist

McBibus

On the Ice
https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...nerom-a-neyrohirurgom-s-udovolstviem-1641742/

- Next year I want to finish schools and enter University or Medical. It's still undecided: medical school or journalism. I don't want to be an FS coach, but neurosurgery? Fine!

Be a good neurosurgeon, girl... there are so many people struggling with those deceases...

Since I read of her, neurosurgery is like her dream work.
I hope she can achieve that, but in Italy medical school requires presence, labs and hospital work: it's not a course you can study "offline" and show up for exams.
Does that requirements come later in the russian study path?

Joking a bit the team would not even need an anesthesiologys.
She will just need to fix her eyes on the patient, pet him a little and say softly "Sleep now. You'll be better whe you wake up"

Falun

Rinkside
Since I read of her, neurosurgery is like her dream work.
I hope she can achieve that, but in Italy medical school requires presence, labs and hospital work: it's not a course you can study "offline" and show up for exams.
Does that requirements come later in the russian study path?

Joking a bit the team would not even need an anesthesiologys.
She will just need to fix her eyes on the patient, pet him a little and say softly "Sleep now. You'll be better whe you wake up"

I believe I read somewhere (can't remember where) that she realized studying neurosurgery and competing would not work concurrently and that therefore she is thinking of studying journalism first (while also competing) and then perhaps switching careers later. And she also needs to fit her equestrian career in somewhere. :p

McBibus

On the Ice
I believe I read somewhere (can't remember where) that she realized studying neurosurgery and competing would not work concurrently and that therefore she is thinking of studying journalism first (while also competing) and then perhaps switching careers later. And she also needs to fit her equestrian career in somewhere. :p

Let's give our girl a 48 hours day :shocked:

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
What beautiful girls :) I'd be interested to know more about Alena off the ice, she seems like a spontaneous and fun girl to be around. She's such a mature beauty from every angle, radiates charm from all different angles.

Batsuchan

Medalist
What beautiful girls :) I'd be interested to know more about Alena off the ice, she seems like a spontaneous and fun girl to be around. She's such a mature beauty from every angle, radiates charm from all different angles.

I love your username, eterislouisvuitton! :agree: :laugh:

Yes, Aliona can definitely be the life of the party--if she's around people she knows well/is comfortable with.

I posted some clips here:
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...ning-TV-show&p=2574925&viewfull=1#post2574925

Our golden girl! :love: :love:
https://i.imgur.com/YkQqWPY.jpg

I feel like Edea always gets the best pics. :yes: