Alena Kostornaia | Page 214 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

SkateSkates

Medalist
Would she possibly consider using her old planned FS for the new season? “No One Ever Called Me That” is such a mesmerising piece of music that has the potential become an iconic masterpiece of hers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if they actually did try to make a program with this music, but it didn’t work. Based on photos from this summer and Sasha’s skate at the recent show, it seems like Sasha’s original SP was ditched in favor of the one she competed with starting with Test skates. I can’t help but wonder if the same thing happened with Aliona, which is why they decided to go back to the old SP and turn the twilight program into her LP. I’m not sure if we will ever know.

McBibus

On the Ice
And now, I'm super disappointed (gutted!) that *I personally* won't get to see Aliona skate live! NOOOOO!!! :sad4: :hopelessness:
I was looking forward to seeing everyone, but I definitely wanted to see her the most!!! I wanted to see her Angel SP one last time! I wanted to see her totally rock out to "Supermassive black hole"! And I was hopeful that I'd be able to see her perform "Adios Nonino" in her new costume!
:cry:

Damn Batsuchan
I'm sorry you miss this opportunity to meet her.

Let's whish Aliona a Very long career so that you will meet her again and again

It should be hard for Aliona and every other skaters to work so much and not be able to challenge yourself and your fellow competitors, and Aliona had also a very good chance for a podium and a good one for gold.
But I think it was the right thing to do

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Alyona at PE, with Alina looking on coolly, she is the Puma girl after all: https://www.instagram.com/p/B9o-gu1oaAN

Of course Alyona is disappointed over the cancellation.

She and Aleksandra look to be in peak shape, all lean and mean, ready for business. Smiling, proud. Alina is well on her way to peak form too.

Hopefully, the Russia Forwards and Tutberidze Show of Champions don't get cancelled too.

SkateSkates

Medalist
I’m glad Aliona is still smiling and joking around even during what must be one of the most disappointing days in her career. Maybe it hasn’t sunk in yet, but I’m glad she has Alina and Moris around her here, joking in their off ice, and Anna and Sasha (not in the video, but I’m sure nearby) to all console each other.

Batsuchan

Medalist
Kostornaia Team also presented Aliona with gifts today! :agree: :love:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9pIG6Doic5/

I'm glad to see that Aliona seems to be in good spirits, but like SkateSkates said, maybe it hasn't sunken in yet. Or maybe she feels like this is so much better than last year, when she was only skater (or one of the only skaters) who didn't get to go to Junior Worlds. :confused2:

Let's hope she can keep a positive attitude! :agree:

Also - she has spoiled us with two Instagram posts in like a week! As a very selfish fan, I hope she keeps it up! :yes: :biggrin:

SkateSkates

Medalist
Kostornaia Team also presented Aliona with gifts today! :agree: :love:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9pIG6Doic5/

I'm glad to see that Aliona seems to be in good spirits, but like SkateSkates said, maybe it hasn't sunken in yet. Or maybe she feels like this is so much better than last year, when she was only skater (or one of the only skaters) who didn't get to go to Junior Worlds. :confused2:

Let's hope she can keep a positive attitude! :agree:

Also - she has spoiled us with two Instagram posts in like a week! As a very selfish fan, I hope she keeps it up! :yes: :biggrin:

I know, I’m so glad to see her posting from training and I hope she keeps it up. Please next time show us something on ice! Would love it if she posted a full program like Sasha did, but I’ll take anything - new element, new choreo, a section of her program, etc.

McBibus

On the Ice
My deepest desire is to see her perform again just for the gusto like at the start of the season.
When she express herself without thinking too much about the technical elements she's mesmerizing.
Of course confidence is a very important factor so I understand that at the EU there was more than just worrying about the score (growth and tiredness to manage), but it was the first time all the 3A looked really under pressure.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I'm sorry that she wasn't able to skate at Worlds- she could very likely have won. That said, she seems like the kind of girl who can turn disappointment into something good. I think she'll use it as motivation for next year.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
The Childhood of a Champion : Alyona Kostornaya

Alyona Kostornaya was born on August 24, 2003 in Moscow, her parents always adhered to a healthy lifestyle, to which they inclined their children. Kostornaya’s father used to be involved in athletics, her mother was in figure skating, so Alyona’s love for sports can be said to be in her blood. Alyona also has a younger brother Stepan, who also began to practice figure skating, but quickly abandoned his lessons, he was more attracted to football and wrestling.

“ As a child, my mother was a little engaged in figure skating. She didn’t tell in detail at what level. And my father was an athlete and he ran. My father is an employee of the housing and communal services, and my grandfather also works in this field. Mother, like almost all women in our family, she’s doing household chores. she’s taking me to training daily, to the rink, and my brother to football. "

As a child, Alyona was an active and restless child - her friends were mainly boys, with whom she ran, raced on a bicycle and roller skates and climbed trees. Because of this, she often came home with bruises and abrasions, and sometimes received more serious injuries, so the doctors advised her parents to send their daughter to the sports section in order to teach her how to fall and at the same time direct her irrepressible energy in a healthy way.

So Alena at four years old came to a rink of the youth sports school "Polar Bears", which was located near her house.

" I was a very energetic child. I ran and jumped a lot, climbed trees. Naturally, I often fell. And the falls sometimes ended in injury. To teach me how to fall, I was sent to figure skating. Almost all my father's and mother’s friends and acquaintances had children. Boys, therefore, I very often participated in the games of the lads. The didn't spare a cat like me. Rather, it was them who escaped from me and ran away. "

“ I started skating when I was four years old when my mother took me to the ice rink, which was next to our house. It was SSHOR No. 1. So I began to learn with Marina Yevgenyevna Cherkasova. ”

Alyona Kostornaya got into the Polar Bears children's and youth sports school. There she was trained by Marina Cherkasova. At first, Alena did not particularly like the classes, however, after a couple of years of training, her parents asked their daughter if she wanted to continue practicing figure skating, but more professionally. Alyona, without hesitation, answered in the affirmative.

At the age of seven, Alyona transferred to Sambo-70 - but not to Tutberidze, but to the department of Tchaikovskaya’s Konyok. Yelena Tchaikovskaya is a well-known trainer who trained World and Olympic champions (Mariya Butyrskaya, Natal'ya Linichuk and Gennady Karponosov, Lyudmila Pakhomova and Aleksandr Gorshkov). However, Kostornaya was mainly trained by Yelena Zhgun.

“ Initially, I began to practice figure skating at the Sambo-70 Sports and Education Center in the Skate of Tchaikovskaya department. The culture of my skating, ideal or not ideal, was not for me to judge, it was set by Yelena Vyacheslavovna Zhgun. We worked very hard to make it happen I got a good feeling for sliding.

I began to understand the steps, from which edge to which transitions were made. And yet this time was not enough to “finish off” so that it became really very beautiful. Later, Eteri Georgiyevna and Daniil Markovich Gleikhengauz, who were already in the Khrustalniy Department, took everything into their own hands, and it turned out like it turned out. "

Under the leadership of Yelena Zhgun, Alyona began to show good results, perfectly mastered the technique of sliding and pulled up the choreography. In order to add plasticity and artistry to her performances, the skater even attended drama courses.

“ When I was still very young, I went to acting classes. Maybe it helped. But here is what I know for sure - if I like something, I will go all the way. If I like some kind of music, then I will squeeze myself to the maximum under it, squeeze so hard, that people around will start talkin - this is really good. ”

But at competitions, she was significantly inferior to the wards of Eteri Tutberidze, who consistently occupied the highest steps of the podium. At the Russian Championship among juniors in 2016, Alyona took only sixteenth place, losing to the winner Alina Zagitova by as much as 60 points. This failure put Kostornaya and her parents in front of a serious choice - either Alyona goes to Tutberidze and continues her serious professional career, or permanently leaves the sport.

Alyona several times secretly sat in the stands of Khrustalniy and watched the athletes train, in the end, her parents helped her arrange the transition. The Sambo-70 leadership was not opposed: it was not fundamentally important for them which skater worked for which coach.

“ I knew that Eteri Georgiyevna was very demanding. Therefore, I took a long time to prepare. I came to the assessment, skate a little, the ice ended, they said that they seemed to have taken me. "

And Kostornaya changed her coach for a reason. Confirmation of this was Kostornaya's rapid rise: in 2017, she won the first stage of the Junior Grand Prix in Poland with a total of 197.91 points. At the second stage in Italy, she took second place, losing to Sof'ya Samodurova, and in the Nagoya final of the series she became the Silver medalist, while setting her personal record. Two weeks later, Alyona won the bronze at the Russian Championship, performing for the first time in a senior tournament.

2018 was even more successful for Kostornaya than the previous year. In January, she won Silver at the junior championship of Russia, in February she won the Cup of Russia. A month later, Kostornaya successfully performed at the World Junior Championships, where she lost only to Aleksandra Trusova.

This season Alyona had two victories at the stages of the Grand prix, the Gold of the Series' Final, the Silver of the Russian Championship and the first place in the European Championship.

“ Even before the September Open Test Skates, when discussing plans, I was inwardly very hurt when I heard from different sides: “ Well, yes, well done, but if you had jumped something like that. ” How could these “ if you ”! It could turn out that with such a set in the second half of the season, I’ll be put back into juniors again? Therefore, the triple Axels in my program can be said to be the result of wounded pride. "
-----
From: https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/sportwithmari/2755712.html

Batsuchan

Medalist
Aliona has started a new Instagram account about her studies! Here’s her first post: https://www.instagram.com/p/B9w2RErolpO/?igshid=g491ntwloz1l

That is super cool! :agree:

But I'm a bit confused, because I thought Aliona had given up on her dream to be a neurosurgeon...? :confused: Still, studying how to do sutures is cool, even if she never ends up studying to be a doctor. :yes:

I hope Aliona is staying safe and healthy! :pray:

And I hope the same for all of you! :pray:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Apparently that account is private now, so you won't be able to view the link if you're not already following her...

I wouldn't be surprised if Alyona and/or her friends were pulling a practical joke on us ;-)

Still, she seemed to be fully concentrated on surgical stitching in a cafe like surroundings.

SkateSkates

Medalist
I was able to follow her before she closed it, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she ended up removing followers she doesn’t know personally and making it a truly private account just for close friends. Or if she makes a new, private account entirely. I wonder if she was overwhelmed with more comments and followers than she expected in those few short hours it was public?

Previously, I was following Diana Davis’s photography account, but at some point she changed it to private and removed most of her followers. Whatever reason she had, I have to respect it - these young skaters deserve their privacy if they want it!

Batsuchan

Medalist
Leave it to Aliona to go out and buy her own pink mask :laugh:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B96jP3RquG0/

Yes, our little star always has to stand out, doesn't she? :laugh: :rofl: :love:

So training is suspended until April 12. I think that's absolutely the right thing to do, but it probably means that Aliona will end up growing a lot again... I'm hoping that when training finally resumes--whenever that may be--she will be able to get back into top shape quickly, and without injuries. :yes: :agree: