Alena Kostornaia | Page 243 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Even if it's actually about Alyona: In these photos, not only she, but also Plushy looks very authentic and personable. He should coach more and make less "funny" commercials. Such photos are IMO 1000x better for his image. :agree:

We, his fans know this Plushenko. ;)

Scott512

Record Breaker
Rozanov https://www.instagram.com/p/CEQf2fGJete/ - Happy Birthday Alyonka������
May this day be the happiest! May your dreams come true!

It seems their relationship is longer as I thought

What did you think their relationship was and what do you think it is? I'm hoping youre thinking coach pupil.

We're going to see Aliona at test skates in a couple weeks. :)
Now we can get back to talking about figure skating where Aliona is concerned.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Even if it's actually about Alyona: In these photos, not only she, but also Plushy looks very authentic and personable. He should coach more and make less "funny" commercials. Such photos are IMO 1000x better for his image. :agree:

It's up to him now to do more of this and less of that. Super nice pictures.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
What did you think their relationship was and what do you think it is? I'm hoping youre thinking coach pupil.

We're going to see Aliona at test skates in a couple weeks. :)
Now we can get back to talking about figure skating where Aliona is concerned.

Yes, of course!!!! Rozanov used this hashtag #5yearslikeoneday and he showed an old picture with Alyona. I think they worked together even before they arrived to Eteri.

Batsuchan

Medalist
In honor of Aliona's birthday, a couple of journalists wrote articles about her today. :agree:

I particularly enjoyed this one:
Why Alena Kostornaya is the main rock star of figure skating
https://tass.ru/opinions/9271689

Perhaps one of our Russian friends might translate some of the article for us, but I think you can get the gist from GoogleTranslate (the bolding is mine):
What really changed with the transition is the image of Alena. To be more precise, it just took final shape.

You know, in fact, I even liked her trick. Probably because it's really bold, completely in her spirit. Even when the TSCHK trio trained on the same ice, each of them, in contrast, could easily find a suitable description from two or three words. Anna Shcherbakova - sophistication and lightness, Alexandra Trusova - genuine athleticism, Kostornaya - fatal beauty and audacity. A nuclear combination that dooms the carrier to eternal duality of views.

And in Alena it was always. I passed through every gesture, deed, look. Especially in the look. There are no more such deep, charming and dangerous (and she is only 17!) eyes in the world figure skating. Let's be honest, in many ways it is for this that we - ordinary viewers - love her. And for this they are ready to peck, give just a reason.

Yes, for me Alena is an absolute rock star. Since this summer - the main one, at least in Russian figure skating. This is a way of thinking - to live contrary to dogmas and do not care what others say.

I totally agree with the author. :yes: Aliona does whatever she wants to and doesn't care what other people think. Some people--like me!--will admire her for her boldness, but others will criticize her for it.

Anastasia Panina--one of my favorite FS journalists--makes a similar point:
KOSTORNAYA - SEVENTEEN. WHY IS SHE SO GOOD?
https://matchtv.ru/figure-skating/m...Kostornoj__semnadcat_Pochemu_ona_tak_khorosha

GoogleTranslate (bolding is mine):
In one of the interviews Alena, laughing, said - you need an eye for an eye after me, so that she doesn't do anything. But even a thousand eyes did not prevent her from making a decision that most adults would not dare.

Is it reckless to walk away from a coach churning out champions with mint productivity? Perhaps. Stupid? Maybe. Boldly? Definitely. However, this decision says much more about Kostornaya than her love for horses, the veneration of vampires for the standard of beauty and the timer she set for journalists at an interview in Graz combined.

From now on, Alena has no chance to remain neutral-good for the public - she will always either be adored for her disobedience, or branded for it. By the way, comments in posts on Instagram Kostornaya had already been closed.

At Nationals, Aliona was wearing a sweatshirt that said "Rebel Chic," and I feel like that just fits her perfectly:
https://vk.com/photo-156669444_457253623
:love: :agree:

So no matter what other people say, I'm going to continue to root for our little rebel, our rock star! :hap10:

McBibus

On the Ice
And in Alena it was always. I passed through every gesture, deed, look. Especially in the look. There are no more such deep, charming and dangerous (and she is only 17!) eyes in the world figure skating. Let's be honest, in many ways it is for this that we - ordinary viewers - love her. And for this they are ready to peck, give just a reason.

This totally match the impression I had of her.
She's not attrative (yet) to a grown man (it's not like meeting Stepanova for example) but she manages to be fatal anyway,
I've said already that I never saw so much charm and charisma in the eyes of a teen.
She may be the tiniest thing in a room full of adults, and yet the room seems to spin around her without the need to perform any stunt or diva pose (and we know she can pull it off and get away with it)
The eyes are absolutely the key: they hook you immediately and they reel you in.
One look and you're bewitched.

Competition is hard and to be a star you first need to win big, but the star potential is absolutely there.
Don't think all the drama around her is due to the transer, as soon as she started to win she started to attract hate. I read (after translation) horrible articles that could be classified at cyberbullying even before the GP final.
But polarization is a sign that our girl drives strong emotions.

ali0125

On the Ice
Country
Australia
Hope Aliona had a great birthday and have a brighter year ahead!
Her new team has a dynamic and fun vibe - hope she's enjoying her time there:)

MiraiFan

Final Flight
Sorry, what do you guys mean by "fatal"? I'm not sure what meaning you are going for but it's not clear... If it's "femme fatale", from French, then you mean "attractive or seductive"; the second being super creepy when used to describe a 17-year old. In any case, fatal means deadly, but in the purely negative sense, so I wouldn't use that word when describing a young skater.

Batsuchan

Medalist
Sorry, what do you guys mean by "fatal"? I'm not sure what meaning you are going for but it's not clear... If it's "femme fatale", from French, then you mean "attractive or seductive"; the second being super creepy when used to describe a 17-year old. In any case, fatal means deadly, but in the purely negative sense, so I wouldn't use that word when describing a young skater.

That's a quote from an article by the Russian journalist Vladislav Zhukov:

I don't speak Russian, so I have no idea if the Google translation is correct, or if there is some different connotation in Russian.

Original:
Косторная — роковая красота и дерзость.

GoogleTranslate:
Kostornaya - fatal beauty and audacity.

My favorite photos from Aliona's birthday are definitely these:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEeQV98INbr/
Aliona being attacked by giant balloons! :rofl: :love: :biggrin:

Arbitrary

Medalist
That's a quote from an article by the Russian journalist Vladislav Zhukov:

I don't speak Russian, so I have no idea if the Google translation is correct, or if there is some different connotation in Russian.

Original:

GoogleTranslate:

My favorite photos from Aliona's birthday are definitely these:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEeQV98INbr/
Aliona being attacked by giant balloons! :rofl: :love: :biggrin:

It could be "fatal" (like 'femme fatale')
or it could be "of rock [music]"

And the 'audacity' is not good here, IMHO. 'Daring' better here.