Alena Kostornaia | Page 411 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

Scott512

Record Breaker
She wears braces! I hope I can watch it soon.
I have read that they had a triple twist at practice, maybe it's on the video? Anyway it's just extraordinary. Of course I don't expect it in a competition next season, it takes time!
Why braces now when shes almost 20? That's something you do when you're 15 or 16. I bet Aliona can't wait to get the braces off.

Diana Delafield

Frequent flyer
Medalist
Country
Canada
Why braces now when shes almost 20? That's something you do when you're 15 or 16. I bet Aliona can't wait to get the braces off.
I got braces when I was 48. I don't have one of those toothy beauty-queen smiles, so the uneven spacing wasn't obvious to others, but it bothered me. So I took my credit card off to an orthodontist and got wired up for a year. Quite proud of myself, too. Went around showing them off to people, including old friends at my 30-year high school reunion.

icybear

Medalist
What's the rush to get married at 19? Why not give it a year or two? And it sounds like they've only been dating for a few months. Knowing how reckless and impulsive Alena can be, I'll be concerned this guy isnt exploiting her.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I got braces when I was 48. I don't have one of those toothy beauty-queen smiles, so the uneven spacing wasn't obvious to others, but it bothered me. So I took my credit card off to an orthodontist and got wired up for a year. Quite proud of myself, too. Went around showing them off to people, including old friends at my 30-year high school reunion.
Awesome! You've got guts and it paid off for you which is the main thing. Alionas smile will even be more beautiful after the braces come off.

Scott512

Record Breaker
What's the rush to get married at 19? Why not give it a year or two? And it sounds like they've only been dating for a few months. Knowing how reckless and impulsive Alena can be, I'll be concerned this guy isnt exploiting her.
This may be one of those engagements where it lasts for a few years. I think the culture of Russians at least it used to be is to get married very young. I hope hes great to her.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
On the one hand, sometimes you just know when it's the right person; on the other, you change SO MUCH in your twenties and it's OK if your partner changes with you, but that doesn't often happen...
One changes all along the life, and where there's will (and initial compatibility), many think that the adaptation is smoother when starting young.
Anyway if Georgy Kunitsa and her feel that they're made to live together, why delaying engagement? Some meet the right person late in life and it's fine; others meet them earlier and they can be extremely happy. In fact, when one meets the right person, whatever the age, it's keeping delaying any engagement for no reason that puts the relationship at risk, it starts building on quick sand and how can one trust each other? Please excuse me for this moralising rant.
I would add that having taken one impulsive decision at 17 (which happened to be unlucky, chiefly for reasons that could be neither predicted nor adverted) doesn't make a person impulsive forever. Or thoughtless. I'd find it a bit offensive.

Scott512

Record Breaker
i do too, but gosh...her impulsiveness is over the top sometimes. i hope it works out for her.
But to see her smiling it is wonderful and makes it all worth it. Hopefully they can be engaged for a couple years at least before getting married. But it's also a different culture in Russia they used to at least get married at a very young age and Aliona's mother probably married Alionas daddy when she was a teenager.

Let's not forget Alenas figure skating career. One of the most beautiful and talented lady figure skater's ever is switching disciplines to the very difficult pairs. I wish her well.

She turns 20 this summer and people have been screaming in figure skating for years they want the Russian ladies to skate into their twenties. Well now we all have a chance to see that because most of the top ladies are in their late teens or early twenties.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I wonder if Alyona Kostornaya and Georgy Kunitsa won a prize? Is she wearing her New York costume?
1687202253255-0.jpg

Alex Fedorov

Medalist
Country
Russia

"
People often say to me: “Alyona, when will you start behaving normally?” And I'm thinking: why behave normally, if I can live my life fun and cool?

I just read the comments recently and it really pissed me off. Guys, if my behavior seems inadequate and boring for you, then you are simply not on my team and we are not on the same path.
"

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker

"
People often say to me: “Alyona, when will you start behaving normally?” And I'm thinking: why behave normally, if I can live my life fun and cool?

I just read the comments recently and it really pissed me off. Guys, if my behavior seems inadequate and boring for you, then you are simply not on my team and we are not on the same path.

"

Oh! It sounds like she's really harassed? I'm really surprised, the more so because to me, she doesn't behave abnormally at all. I hope that she can overcome any nasty comment she gets! I do believe that they are likely to stem for envy rather than from anything else. She's beautiful, successful, she's happy and pursuing projects, some people hate that, particularly if their own lives are unhappy (and people so dark-minded as to feel pain when others are happy, are very likely to have unhappy lives). It's a sort of "Gluckschmerz"?
Or the related "tall poppy syndrome"?

Alex Fedorov

Medalist
Country
Russia
Oh! It sounds like she's really harassed? I'm really surprised, the more so because to me, she doesn't behave abnormally at all. I hope that she can overcome any nasty comment she gets! I do believe that they are likely to stem for envy rather than from anything else. She's beautiful, successful, she's happy and pursuing projects, some people hate that, particularly if their own lives are unhappy (and people so dark-minded as to feel pain when others are happy, are very likely to have unhappy lives). It's a sort of "Gluckschmerz"?
in my opinion, this is just another reminder from Alyona that life is a cabaret :)

Scott512

Record Breaker

"

"

Alyona isn't gonna take any nonsense from anybody. I hope she isn't too hard on her fans many have been with her for years.

AxelLover

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic

"

"

This is just so Alyona! Love her!
😍