Alena Kostornaia | Page 413 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
In addition, Plushenko showed himself to be a frivolous and irresponsible person.
Elaborate?

I do think to that it would have been better had Plushenko supervised her training, but as I understand it, Alexandra Trusova's parents forbade it? It was maybe in the contract they had signed in February or March 2020?
What? Can you elaborate on that? Why would Trusova's parents forbid that??

Great insight about covid, by the way.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Elaborate?

What? Can you elaborate on that? Why would Trusova's parents forbid that??

Great insight about covid, by the way.
That was the rumours. That Alexandra Trusova's parents had required, prior to her move to Angels of Plushenko, a dedicated coaching team for her alone, and it was said before Alyona Kostornaya left Team Tutberidze; I wonder if it wasn't said by her parents themselves, or by Evgeny Plushenko? This team initially included Sergei Rozanov, although it seems that he left her team after some weeks. Then, when it became known that Alyona Kostornaya had a totally different team, basically just Sergei Rozanov (who anyway was the coach she wished to practice 3A with, as he had helped her before on this jump), there were new rumours that she couldn't have any coach training Alexandra Trusova, with different theories as to the reasons (the wording of the contract seeming to me the most believable of these theories). In case there was such wording, I could imagine them reluctant to lift it, precisely for their daughter's main rival, who had never been a friend either.

Alex Fedorov

Medalist
Country
Russia
Elaborate?
ok, let's go back to 2020. Many have already forgotten about it, but at that time Aliona was considered the best skater in the Tutberidze group, which means that she was actually number one in the world. In the 2019-2020 season, she won all competitions except the Russian Championship. I remember how the journalist Zhurankov said something like: "Kostornaya proved to us that everything is decided by triple axels, not quads."

And now Plushenko takes the best figure skater in the world to his academy - without any plan to work with her, without even understanding Aliona and her special style. What is this, if not frivolity? Then he connected Rozanov - although Rozanov was supposed to train Sasha according to the original plan. In general, Plushenko's behavior in the summer and fall of 2020 was similar to the behavior of a selfish man who believes that being a good father means simply not sparing money to buy things and hire tutors for children. As expected, the programs delivered via Skype by Shae Lynn Bourne turned out to be much worse than the programs of Gleighenhaus, Rozanov's efforts came to nothing, and the generously paid doctors failed to ensure Aliona's normal recovery from illness and injuries.

And at the end of this story, when Kostornaya returned to Eteri, Plushenko said that he did not train Aliona at all, and Rudkovskaya said that Aliona did not run away from Plushenko, but from Rozanov. This is what I call irresponsibility.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
ok, let's go back to 2020. Many have already forgotten about it, but at that time Aliona was considered the best skater in the Tutberidze group, which means that she was actually number one in the world. In the 2019-2020 season, she won all competitions except the Russian Championship. I remember how the journalist Zhurankov said something like: "Kostornaya proved to us that everything is decided by triple axels, not quads."

And now Plushenko takes the best figure skater in the world to his academy - without any plan to work with her, without even understanding Aliona and her special style. What is this, if not frivolity? Then he connected Rozanov - although Rozanov was supposed to train Sasha according to the original plan. In general, Plushenko's behavior in the summer and fall of 2020 was similar to the behavior of a selfish man who believes that being a good father means simply not sparing money to buy things and hire tutors for children. As expected, the programs delivered via Skype by Shae Lynn Bourne turned out to be much worse than the programs of Gleighenhaus, Rozanov's efforts came to nothing, and the generously paid doctors failed to ensure Aliona's normal recovery from illness and injuries.

And at the end of this story, when Kostornaya returned to Eteri, Plushenko said that he did not train Aliona at all, and Rudkovskaya said that Aliona did not run away from Plushenko, but from Rozanov. This is what I call irresponsibility.
Wow, brutal. I had a positive assessment of him, recently at least; I think hes been doing amazing with his juniors especially, and Muravieva. Love his ice shows as well. Sounds like he tried to get in on the most talented skater without much of a plan - he thought he could throw resources at her with money and things would fall into place on their own. Irresponsible situation indeed.

MiraiFan

Final Flight
Wow, brutal. I had a positive assessment of him, recently at least; I think hes been doing amazing with his juniors especially, and Muravieva. Love his ice shows as well. Sounds like he tried to get in on the most talented skater without much of a plan - he thought he could throw resources at her with money and things would fall into place on their own. Irresponsible situation indeed.
My impression of what happened was that he decided to focus on his academy after Aliona left, so his current batch of skaters are benefiting from his presence and strategy. He still does shows in the off season but cut back to focus on his athletes.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Yet, Alyona Kostornaia's arrival was totally unplanned.

Alex Fedorov

Medalist
Country
Russia
Yet, Alyona Kostornaia's arrival was totally unplanned.
Rudkovskaya in the fall of 2019 wrote to Alina Zagitova that she was very much expected at the Plushenko Academy. In May 2020, Rozanov, Sasha Trusova and the Zhilina sisters moved to the Angels. At the same time, Plushenko hinted that he would also like to train Anna Shcherbakova. And soon, in Anna's account on the social network "VKontakte", a message appeared that she was leaving the Eteri group, because she "required development." The message was written in an uncharacteristic style for Anna and there were grammatical errors in the text. It was the result of an account being hacked by unknown persons.

Based on all these facts, I doubt that Aliona's impulsive act was an absolute surprise for Plushenko. Most likely, they began to persuade her to go to the Angels a couple of months before the final decision. Maybe Plushenko didn't expect to succeed so quickly. But even if it really was a complete surprise, no one forced him to accept Aliona. I can understand why he wanted to train Sasha, but he certainly could not give Aliona anything useful.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Rudkovskaya in the fall of 2019 wrote to Alina Zagitova that she was very much expected at the Plushenko Academy. In May 2020, Rozanov, Sasha Trusova and the Zhilina sisters moved to the Angels. At the same time, Plushenko hinted that he would also like to train Anna Shcherbakova. And soon, in Anna's account on the social network "VKontakte", a message appeared that she was leaving the Eteri group, because she "required development." The message was written in an uncharacteristic style for Anna and there were grammatical errors in the text. It was the result of an account being hacked by unknown persons.

Based on all these facts, I doubt that Aliona's impulsive act was an absolute surprise for Plushenko. Most likely, they began to persuade her to go to the Angels a couple of months before the final decision. Maybe Plushenko didn't expect to succeed so quickly. But even if it really was a complete surprise, no one forced him to accept Aliona. I can understand why he wanted to train Sasha, but he certainly could not give Aliona anything useful.
I do agree that great coaches communication to the public has often been quite bad, and Alyona Kostornaya was quite right to say so to Eteri Tutberidze, after the latter's reaction at her leaving Khrystalny: it was wrong to insult her. Evgueny Plushenko's brags were nearly as bad, thank you for reminding them (although I had thought at the time, that he was hinting about Alina Zagitova, whom he did try somehow to lure through shows).
You may have had information I have not had, not reading Russian, but this is the first time that I'm wondering if he did anything to get Alyona Kostornaya in his team.

AxelLover

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Happy birthday! :hb::hap10:

7-XQu-Ctz-NR3w.jpg