Alena Kostornaia | Page 55 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

Giver

Rinkside
I'm just worry that during summer practice Alena was talking enthusiastically about 3A, 3L3Lo and even 4T in her ask, but now - no 3A, no loop combo (even at practice) and she looks less and less enthusiastic with each day. And her jumps became heavier and less stable.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
And her jumps became heavier and less stable.
In what universe? :roller: Obviously not in this reality.
Do you aware that skaters are gaining shape during the full season? Nobody can't hold a 100% shape the full year.

Watch

Final Flight
I'm just worry that during summer practice Alena was talking enthusiastically about 3A, 3L3Lo and even 4T in her ask, but now - no 3A, no loop combo (even at practice) and she looks less and less enthusiastic with each day. And her jumps became heavier and less stable.

That's really an ovetstatement. She had one shaky landing in her FS, not even a stepout. And she looked nervous, yes, but there was more than enough enthusiasm once she won. She's a young girl under a lot of pressure. Being nervous before your first start is normal.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
“Overall I am pleased with my peformances, but I could have done some elements better, even a lot better, and I’m trying to bringing everything to perfection in the course of the season,” Kostornaia commented. “I’ll try to include the triple Axel maybe for the (ISU Junior) Grand Prix Final. Right now it is not very consistent, but I hope to get in good shape,” the 15-year-old added.
https://isu.org/inside-single-pair-...su-junior-grand-prix-in-linz?templateParam=15

Orlov

Medalist
...she looks less and less enthusiastic with each day.

wow. just wow. Did you see this Fluture? Oссam cries in the corner and screaming "why"

and, god damm, how to cancel "like" which I accidentally clicked to him?

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
“Overall I am pleased with my peformances, but I could have done some elements better, even a lot better, and I’m trying to bringing everything to perfection in the course of the season,” Kostornaia commented. “I’ll try to include the triple Axel maybe for the (ISU Junior) Grand Prix Final. Right now it is not very consistent, but I hope to get in good shape,” the 15-year-old added.
https://isu.org/inside-single-pair-...su-junior-grand-prix-in-linz?templateParam=15

Yay! I'm glad she plans on including the 3A later on in the season, that training video of it was so impressive!

I could tell that she wasn't super happy with her performances in Austria but I'm sure as the season progresses she'll do better and better :)

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker

Ya not as effortless. I think a coaching change may benefit her. She has a softness to her skating that would be better developed elsewhere.

NaVi

Medalist
The issues I have with her LP...

1. The 2nd voice overs sound like complete gibberish... kind of like this song made to sound like how english sounds to people who don't know english: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VsmF9m_Nt8
2. The 2nd set of jumps passes(last 3 jump passes) are a bit of a choreographic dead space.

MarinHondas

Final Flight
I would love to see Alena with programs from Tom Dickson or Shae-Lynn. I know it will never ever happen but can you imagine how unbelievable she would be? I mean already, she is so amazing and makes her programs look the best they could possibly be but with a real masterful choreographer it could simply be magic.

kostornaya22

Match Penalty
Ya not as effortless. I think a coaching change may benefit her. She has a softness to her skating that would be better developed elsewhere.

I'm guessing Eteri's most avid critics must have been seething upon seeing her produce a skater like Alyona. Same refinement and elegance of the best female skaters of the past but has the technicality and consistensy to remain competitive.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
I would love to see Alena with programs from Tom Dickson or Shae-Lynn. I know it will never ever happen but can you imagine how unbelievable she would be? I mean already, she is so amazing and makes her programs look the best they could possibly be but with a real masterful choreographer it could simply be magic.
yes, because every single program that was made by either of them are amazing... "sarcasm"
I can't name any simply memorable program from them ... from the last season....

Alena's this season SP is a real masterpiece.
Her last season' SP and FS are one of the best too. :sarcasm:

Orlov

Medalist

Tom Dickson's Fan Fest is on another floor. Thanks :)

MajaHled

Rinkside
Why the negativity? I personally would love to see Alena with programs from a different choreographer. I'm not saying her programs have been bad (thought I do admit I'm not a fan of her current FS), it's just fun to see skaters experiment a bit with choreo and try and see who they work with the best. I don't see what's so wrong with that.