Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Alexa Scimeca Knierim & Chris Knierim

musicfan80

Medalist
No, 1 spot, as 16 spot distributed on this WC for OG already were filled.

I just saw the update. I am beyond bummed out. :sad21: I really hope that Alexa and Chris keep their heads up and remember how great they were at Worlds.

mintx

On the Ice
They did great! So bummed the other team did not qualify for finals. Tanith mentioned a possible appeal. Is that even a possibility?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Last edited:

musicfan80

Medalist
Alexa & Chris should be proud! USFA are idiots if they send anyone else to the Olys next year:dev2:

I agree - I think the only team they would be worried about is Cain/LeDuc - but I don't think even if they improve a bit they would beat a clean Alexa & Chris.

skatemouse

On the Ice
I agree - I think the only team they would be worried about is Cain/LeDuc - but I don't think even if they improve a bit they would beat a clean Alexa & Chris.
Not even a clean C/L could beat an unclean S-K/K as obvious by World's and 4CC' placement and scores. Four years of experience on the International circuit they have worked for this. No one knows for sure but they have earned that spot they have been given nothing even if it was given to them now. The difficulty in the lifts and twist and pair spin elements alone would avoid that. C/L are great but the increase in difficulty and International scoring for pair elements that would have to happen would put the US at a supreme disadvantage without sending S-K/K. IT is pair skating after all which is why not doing a singles jumping pass yes it hurts but doesn't kill a team. Not doing a twist, difficult lift, or pair spin can. It is pair skating. In my opinion with the increased difficulty there should be no single jumps or spins in a pair program it should only be pair elements.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just watched Chris & Alexa's FS from Worlds again on the NBC recap. They were looking good, and I hope they can get back to their quad twist soon. Considering this is only the second time they've skated this season, they did great! Wishing them all the best for next season!

Last edited:

asp11

Just a dedicated fan - not a skater
On the Ice
I find it quite remarkable how far they've come!
:thumbsup: Were doctors able to officially diagnose her? I read it was mysterious.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^If a name was given to her condition, I don't think we ever heard what it was. Seemed like we just heard she had a rare stomach condition or some such thing. She is one strong lady. And having a supportive husband by her side was a huge blessing.

asp11

Just a dedicated fan - not a skater
On the Ice
^^^If a name was given to her condition, I don't think we ever heard what it was. Seemed like we just heard she had a rare stomach condition or some such thing. She is one strong lady. And having a supportive husband by her side was a huge blessing.

Good for her! :points:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My biggest hope for them ( other than her continued good health, of course) is that they continue to work hard on their SBS jumps. Hopefully they will do some more training with Alex Ouriashev on jumps.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Oh so sorry to hear this... my condolences to Chris and the family..

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hugs and prayers during this time of sadness, change, and loss. Alexa and Chris have been through so much this past year. What a beautiful tribute to his father. :ghug: :console:

Last edited:

beki

Medalist
I hate to see them suffering. But I feel they've made an artistic breakthrough. They skate with their hearts on their sleeves now.