Alexander Petrov | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Alexander Petrov

LRK

Record Breaker
Yes, I agree, cautious but positive - that's the best way. Beware the overhype! I'd much rather he did well - than having everyone saying he will.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
New Mishin interview. This is probably the most praise I've seen from him for Sasha. He is very cautious about Sasha's prospects, which is a good thing.

- In Warsaw, also won the Alexander Petrov. Satisfied with his performance?

- Yes, very. Sasha general, both programs performed flawlessly. I think he is skating on now could compete at the Grand Prix stages and be there not the least of Russian participants. He will now prepare for the final of the Junior Grand Prix, where only selected from the Russians. Fly to Barcelona with all major adult skaters will compete and juniors.

- When Petrov will compete for entering into the senior team?

- Sports career should be built gradually. Sasha until now stands among the juniors, and next year we will ride among adults. He now serves on the adult tournaments - both in Warsaw, where he beat a very strong Filipino Michael Martinez, who participated in the Olympic Games, many trained in Russia. Petrov - only 15 years old, so it is too early to talk about adult tournaments or win over Maxim Kovtun. But enter the adult contest worthy - is another matter.

- This year, Petrov will perform at the championship of Russia?
- Required. And I think, at the end will be at the top of the standings, although there are mainly adult athletes will compete.

https://translate.google.com.sg/tra...allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=87714&edit-text=
http://www.allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=87714

:cheer2:

adelia

Record Breaker
Junior Grand Prix Final starts tomorrow (11th Dec).
SP: 4.20pm Barcelona time.
LP: 5.00pm Barcelona time (12th Dec).

Sasha, Liza and Mishin are already in Barcelona. They arrived yesterday afternoon.

adelia

Record Breaker
He fell on the lutz. :disapp: The program was so good and the crowd loved the music. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? PCS must have taken a hit too with that fall.

Edit:
The score was 70.07. No eye contact from Mishin at the K&C.

Edit2:
The second judge definitely had something against Sasha. Ridiculously low marks on PCS, 3.25 for transitions, 5.75 for PE and 4.25 for interpretation. This is a complete joke.
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpf1415/gpf1415_JuniorMen_SP_Scores.pdf

Edit3:
So, I did some checking and the last time he fell was at a Russian Cup event in September this year. At a major competition, I think one would have to go back to the 2012/2013 season.

After the take-off, I honestly thought he was going to nail that lutz and then *SPLAT*.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Given how he was scored today, I think he will have to be technically perfect tomorrow to have a shot at the podium. But I have faith that he can do it. Come on Sasha!

adelia

Record Breaker
Heck with the judges and their score manipulation. I just want him to skate the best that he can. Today was definitely a brainfart on his part. Like Mishin says "you can only lose to yourself".

Meoima

Match Penalty
Heck with the judges and their score manipulation. I just want him to skate the best that he can. Today was definitely a brainfart on his part. Like Mishin says "you can only lose to yourself".
Let's wish the best for him. He has a good LP and best presentation IMo. Rock it boy!!

adelia

Record Breaker
Comments from Sasha on his performance today:

"...Comparatively speaking, everything turned out better than last year. I do not know what happened to me, why made a mistake in the end. It seems all the more difficult to do. For me axel jump is not so complicated, difficult stage. Because many times in previous competitions I have had problems with it a cascade. Therefore, it was tuned. And Lutz is not that going. I do not know. Wanted to make it high, but went at it and did not know what happened. This year's Grand Prix Final act easier. Last year's final was in Japan, I was first in the country, affected acclimatization. And now the second final, held in Europe, it is easier to carry. Psychologically, it was easier, probably used to.

This year a lot of start and combined competition for juniors and adults. What is the result?
- More experience. You need to turn out simply. These competitions tried to come in the form. Like shape is good, but Lutz blown. Not to say that he was tired. In this regard, everything is fine. Tomorrow skate important to give clean. Today tried, but failed. You can fight. Need to roll tomorrow well.

Quad tomorrow to wait?
- Let's see how tomorrow will be. This issue is hanged in the state. I will look for sensations."
https://translate.google.com.sg/tra...m-russia2014.ru/article/18782.html&edit-text=
http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/18782.html

"Most likely, blown, - said Petrov reporters, explaining the reason for the fall with a jump. - In Axel I am always sure, but with a cascade (triple flip - triple toe loop) in my previous competitions were the problem. So I set it on the stage and probably not going to Lutz. I wanted to make a high jump, but already in the air that something was wrong. "

Skater noticed that it is easier to perform in the second Grand Prix finals in his career. "Last year I competed in the final for the first time, also was first in Japan. And now I know what the competition, and act in Europe easier. I can not say that now I was quite easy, but still have all the usual, "- said Petrov.

Athlete admitted he was not sure whether to perform a quadruple jump in the free skate. "At a recent tournament in Warsaw I did the quad on two training sessions. Tomorrow ride, take a look at my feelings maybe insert a quad (quad) in the program," - said Petrov.

Skater believes that his ability to fight with rivals, in an asset which have quads. "Chinese skater (Jin Boyang) makes three quads, but he does not skate, frankly. This season I have competed with him and lost four points, although the ride is not perfect. So you can fight, you need to perform well tomorrow" - concluded Petrov."
https://translate.google.com.sg/tra...re_skating/20141211/794349505.html&edit-text=
http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/20141211/794349505.html

So the conclusion on that lutz is that he just lost concentration. As for tomorrow's LP, he has not decided whether or not to include the quad.

MIM

Medalist
Thank you for posting his interview. It is good to know his lutz was just a simple mistake and he is ready with all guns blazing for tomorrow's fp!

s_parks

Record Breaker
He definitely looks much better this season overall than this time last year. Hope he has a great free skate!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Thank you for the interview. Just catching up on the JGPF right now. Imo, even with the fall, Sasha had great presence and command on the ice (and this is made even more stark compared to his competitors on the junior level). The PCS were quite disappointing. Nonetheless, I hope he doesn't go quad-crazy in the free just to make up for lost points. It doesn't matter how he places here--I'm looking forward to his long-term development. :)

rite of spring

Rinkside
The lutz was a surprise but nice performance.
Judge number2 was harsh on him more than he or she should have been. Come on, his transitions were not that bad and definitely had better presentation than Boyang.
But other then that his pcs was pretty good imo.

adelia

Record Breaker
If not for that one judge, PCS would have been around 33.80-33.90, which I think is a more appropriate score and is in line with what he has been receiving at the past few competitions he's taken part in.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
They probably dropped that judge's marks (drop highest and lowest, I think? At least we're not using the insane "computer randomly drops two marks" thing anymore...) Nonetheless, it had an effect on his overall PCS, because the second-lowest mark would've been counted, ect.