Alexander Petrov | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Alexander Petrov

adelia

Record Breaker
Meh, same judging panel for the Free so I'm mentally prepared for more BS judging. I'm more curious about his decision regarding the quad. To gamble or not to gamble...

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
If he wants to win: gamble.

If he wants to have a good skate/establish good PCS for the future/improve his confidence: don't gamble.

LRK

Record Breaker
If he wants to win: gamble.

If he wants to have a good skate/establish good PCS for the future/improve his confidence: don't gamble.

Good summary. Thinking about the quad makes me nervous, though - I do so wonder what he will do? As far as this competition goes, I don't think he has that much to lose, so it may be as good a time to put it in as any... If he wants to add it this season, I mean - Do you guys remember the poll that adelia posted about where people were to vote on whether they thought he's put the quad in this season? And that it turned our that he himself had voted "yes"? :)

LRK

Record Breaker
If he was attempting the quad during Warsaw Cup practice sessions, it must have already been an option back then but he decided to play it safe instead. Part of me kind of wants him to go for the win. The other part is extremely anxious just thinking about the LP. :drama:

https://pp.vk.me/c622127/v622127695/d679/O_B1cQetLNk.jpg

Ditto!

And awww, he looks so young in that photo! (Well, obviously, I know he is young, but... oh, you know what I mean! :) )

adelia

Record Breaker
137.07. Lowest LP score for the entire season and only the second time this entire season he has scored below 140. PCS was a shocking 63.08. Prior to today, this program never scored below 67 for PCS and averaged around 70. With no major errors today, I fail to see how his PCS can drop so drastically.

Meoima

Match Penalty
137.07. Lowest LP score for the entire season and only the second time this entire season he has scored below 140. PCS was a shocking 63.08. Prior to today, this program never scored below 67 for PCS and averaged around 70. With no major errors today, I fail to see how his PCS can drop so drastically.
Some judges are keen to keep him off the podium.

adelia

Record Breaker
Some judges are keen to keep him off the podium.
They tried their very hardest. But Sasha is just too good a skater. Congrats on bronze Sasha! It should really have been silver if judging had been fair. But getting a medal after being sabotaged like that is an achievement in itself!

And with this Sasha continues his streak of medalling in EVERY single competition he has taken part in this season.

Meoima

Match Penalty
So... Sota got higher PCS than Sasha. That is bad judging IMO. :disapp:
But anyways I am glad that Sasha got the bronze. He is 2 years younger than Shoma and Boyang. He can get stronger than them in the near future.

adelia

Record Breaker
Not bad judging. Corrupt judging. But what is new. It is tough being Mishin's student, especially if you are male. Even last season, when Sasha had that recycled mediocre LP to overused music, he didn't even score below 67 for PCS. Shoma scored 73 for PCS today, 10 points higher than Sasha. 63 is just a BS score.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Not bad judging. Corrupt judging. But what is new. It is tough being Mishin's student, especially if you are male. Even last season, when Sasha had that recycled mediocre LP to overused music, he didn't even score below 67 for PCS. Shoma scored 73 for PCS today, 10 points higher than Sasha. 63 is just a BS score.
:disapp: I mean seriously, someone on the judging panel has something against Mishin.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Yeah, I especially don't agree with Sota getting higher PCS than Petrov. But happy for pulling up to 3rd. I just want him to be successful longterm, in the senior ranks. And who knows what might happen at Jr. Worlds? Nam didn't even make the JGPF. ;)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yeah, I especially don't agree with Sota getting higher PCS than Petrov. But happy for pulling up to 3rd. I just want him to be successful longterm, in the senior ranks. And who knows what might happen at Jr. Worlds? Nam didn't even make the JGPF. ;)
:) agree. Mishin knows better. He will adjust. To medal is important.
And the judging panel at JWC will be different. I still think Petrov has the best potential among these men today.
He is just 15 while both Shoma and Boyang are 17 already. :) I do believe he will have brighter future. :dance:

adelia

Record Breaker
:disapp: I mean seriously, someone on the judging panel has something agaist Mishin.
It makes me sad to say this but I think it is Plushy related. It doesn't help that certain aspects of Sasha's style is a bit reminiscent of Plushy. Sigh. My greatest fear is that this ultra low PCS marks becomes a trend. I really hope not.
Yes, you are right. Long term is what matters more. Junior events are just stepping stones.

IMO, this medal is the hardest medal he's ever had to fight for. So to me, it is as precious as gold.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
PCS drop is pretty bizarre considering he didn't make huge errors. Ah well, couldn't keep him off the podium anyway. (Probably should send some flowers to Boyang :p) And it's true, Nam didn't do much at the JGP circuit and didn't even need a quad to win Jr. Worlds last year. I hope Sasha, too, is thinking of the long-term prospects.

Though I gotta say... my "skate clean and establish rep/increase PCS" suggestion didn't really pan out. :disapp:

adelia

Record Breaker
PCS drop is pretty bizarre considering he didn't make huge errors. Ah well, couldn't keep him off the podium anyway. (Probably should send some flowers to Boyang :p) And it's true, Nam didn't do much at the JGP circuit and didn't even need a quad to win Jr. Worlds last year. I hope Sasha, too, is thinking of the long-term prospects.

Though I gotta say... my "skate clean and establish rep/increase PCS" suggestion didn't really pan out. :disapp:
No, you were right. You know why? Because if he had tried a quad and fallen, his PCS marks would have been in the high 50s. I kid you not.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I am still angry at the judging panel. I mean it's not like Sasha was falling all over the places. Why the hell they drop his PCS that low? They dislike Mishin or what?
Conspiracy theory: The Russian fed couldn't back up their men because of their ladies. :disapp:

adelia

Record Breaker
I am still angry at the judging panel. I mean it's not like Sasha was falling all over the places. Why the hell they drop his PCS that low? They dislike Mishin or what?
Conspiracy theory: The Russian fed couldn't back up their men because of their ladies. :disapp:
Mishin and Plushy. Sasha was just really unlucky with this set of judges. He's never had a problem before until today. Of all the Russian under-18 skaters, on average Sasha has had the best PCS marks this season. Better than Adian, Lazukin, Kurbanov, Aliev etc.

Also, Russian fed doesn't give a sh## about Sasha, on a whole this applies to most St Petersburg skaters except for the big names.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Mishin and Plushy. Sasha was just really unlucky with this set of judges. He's never had a problem before until today. Of all the Russian under-18 skaters, on average Sasha has had the best PCS marks this season. Better than Adian, Lazukin, Kurbanov, Aliev etc.
Also, Russian fed doesn't give a sh## about Sasha, on a whole this applies to most St Petersburg skaters except for the big names.
So not enough back up from his own fed as I suspect.
And JSF doesn't have any promising ladies at the moment so it's understandable they pay more attention to their men.
Poor Sasha... :disapp: Still he medaled so that's matters.