Alexandra Paul killed in a car accident | Golden Skate

Alexandra Paul killed in a car accident

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
CTV News is reporting that retired Canadian ice dancer Alexandra Paul, has been tragically killed in a car accident.

https://barrie.ctvnews.ca/figure-sk...-new-mom-killed-in-melancthon-crash-1.6534881

Her baby son was in the car with her, and has been treated in hospital for "non-life-threatening injuries".

Such devastating news. My condolences to her husband and family, as well as all in the skating community who knew her.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My goodness! :cry:

Alexandra was too young. And a new mother to boot. I can't imagine what Mitchell and the rest of her family are going through.

As a tribute, here are what I believe to be their highest scoring competition performances (they were 3rd in both segments, and overall):

Alexandra Paul / Mitchell Islam - 2014 Canadian Championships SD

Alexandra Paul / Mitchell Islam - 2014 Canadian Championships FD

My thoughts go out to their family, friends and fans.

CaroLiza_fan

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Oh no, this is awful :( I saw Paul/Islam in 2016 at my first live skating event, and remember really enjoying their Sweet Charity program. I hope her young son's injuries are well cared for and my profound condolences for Mitchell, her family, friends and all who knew her at this impossibly difficult time.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Oh no, this is awful :( I saw Paul/Islam in 2016 at my first live skating event, and remember really enjoying their Sweet Charity program. I hope her young son's injuries are well cared for and my profound condolences for Mitchell, her family, friends and all who knew her at this impossibly difficult time.
They were beautiful skaters, I really liked their elegant lines and they were such a sweet couple off-ice too. I was just rewatching some of their old videos a couple months ago :(

I'm so sorry to hear this news. My condolences to Alex's family and friends. I hope Charlie will grow up in the years to come with lots of wonderful stories and things to remember his mum by.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Such beautiful memories Alex leaves behind for skating fans and for all who knew her well.

Such a tragic circumstance like this is so hard to take in. May everyone close to Alex be lifted up and comforted in their grief by the memory of her love and her beautiful spirit. I'm so glad the gofundme organized by friends has surpassed its goal. I hope it continues to grow with donations in Alex's memory, to help ease the financial burden, and for Mitch to use for Charlie's future.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
I was so shocked when I saw this thread this morning. My heart dropped, just like when I saw the thread about Denis Ten. 😔 What utterly heartbreaking news. She was a beautiful skater and she seemed like a lovely person as well. I hope that their baby will recover fully, and I hope that Mitch will be surrounded by love and support in this devastating time.

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Below is the link for the go fund me if anyone wants to donate.

And in 12 hours the Go Find Me has already raised $128,139 CAD to support Mitch and Charlie.
Looking through some of the names who've donated, there's been a huge outpouring of support from the figure skating community ❤️