Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
What do you mean? They both trained in Toronto.

As far as I remember, Orser was telling, that when he worked with Fernández, he worked only with Fernández; when he worked with Hanyu, he worked only with Hanyu. Sorry, I remember almost nothing about that interview, but as far as I remember Orser was saying, that working with both was difficult for him too, if he didn't separate one from another. Was difficult for Orser: he noticed he started thinking about another student, when he tried to work with one of them.
Sorry, maybe I'm even wrong, but as far as I remember I've read such an interview.

voolfee

On the Ice
Rozanov did some very good work, and considering the state of jumps by skaters he was not coaching as young athletes such as Zagitova and Medvedeva with their techniques being completely different, this might be the most significant loss, even moreso than Trusova and Zhilina. After all, the good jump technique was only employed by the skaters Rozanov coached, Zagitova still uses "unfixed" technique to this day. Depending on whether things are as they seem to me, in a couple of years we might find it was Rozanov enabling the quads and not Dudakov or anyone else on team Eteri.

Sorry, but this is very funny. :laugh: Rozanov spent only 2 years in the group and couldn't change anyone's technique, which was laid in their childhood. And Trusova with Shcherbakova jumped quads in training in the spring of 2017. And Zagitova has a very good jumping technique.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As far as I remember, Orser was telling, that when he worked with Fernández, he worked only with Fernández; when he worked with Hanyu, he worked only with Hanyu. Sorry, I remember almost nothing about that interview, but as far as I remember Orser was saying, that working with both was difficult for him too, if he didn't separate one from another. Was difficult for Orser: he noticed he started thinking about another student, when he tried to work with one of them.
Sorry, maybe I'm even wrong, but as far as I remember I've read such an interview.

There is another rink that TCC skaters can use. And I remember that Brian stated that they were at separate rinks a lot during the Olympic season.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I think that it is interesting that Javi and Yuzu were rivals for about 6 years and despite that they were friends and were trained by the same coach all these years. While Medvedeva could not take even one year with Alina and Sasha - not even one year with Alyona and Anna.

Fernandez is famously, mindboggingly chill and laid back. Even then, there was tension between the two after Fernandez won two WC titles and during Olympic season. They had to be separated during Olympics training.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yet Fernández and Hanyu didn't have to share one rink, right?

Sometimes they did - there are lovely clips of them doing stroking exercises together in a synch that some pairs would envy - but yes, coming up to the Olympics especially things got strained to the point of some (not all, a couple of interviews from Brian make that clear) work having to be done on separate rinks. As has been said - by posters here and by Yuzuru - Javi's generosity of spirit right from the start takes a good deal of the credit for it working like it did (he also must have known about, and helped keep a complete mystery, Yuzu's state of ankle health right up the the games. The man could do a masterclass in sportsmanship)

Maybe Zagitova also has that amazing good nature which is why she is still there with rival after rival. I will predict, however, a good chance one or other of the now-2A will also have moved on by 2022, depending on how the medals tally up from now on.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Sorry, but this is very funny. :laugh: Rozanov spent only 2 years in the group and couldn't change anyone's technique, which was laid in their childhood. And Trusova with Shcherbakova jumped quads in training in the spring of 2017. And Zagitova has a very good jumping technique.

Didn't Kostornaia give him credit for helping her with her 3A?

I suppose the big test here is not just for Trusova but for Rozanov as well. Unless Plushenko starts taking coaching seriously and gets really involved Rozanov will be the one mainly responsible for the way she turns out and there will be no Eteri like person there to take the blame if it doesn't go well. Is he the one responsible for Trusova practicing too many quads AND the 3A all at once? I assume he is because everyone has been saying he's the one she spends most day to day personal time with and strangely no other Eteri student is like that. If he is then Plushenko needs to put a stop to it. It was one of the biggest, if not the biggest, reason why she didn't dominate the debut senior season of the trio as everyone believed she would.

Ulrica

On the Ice
I find it incredibly creepy how so many adults are talking on the internet about minors they have never met as if they knew their every though and motive. Honestly most of this thread's content is highly innapropiate.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
That is the saddest what some Russians sent Sasha next to her IG post. They couldn’t stop themselves from writing something negative.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
For sure, someone commented somewhere that they didn't think Sasha should get hate like Zhenya Med, this person obviously didn't go into the comment section of Sasha's post! (Although to be honest, avoiding comment sections is a good idea)

Anyway I feel like Sasha should skate to this song

"It's my life, don't you forget..." :p

Gabby30

On the Ice
I find it incredibly creepy how so many adults are talking on the internet about minors they have never met as if they knew their every though and motive. Honestly most of this thread's content is highly innapropiate.

Since when? But you do know that there are FF thread's of junior skaters, where people discuss? Wasn't a problem so far, and now, all of a sudden it's "innapropriate" xD
In some countries you are a "minor" until you're 20, then i guess all forums and social media should be closed, so that nobody can talk about the youngs anymore....

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Yet Fernández and Hanyu didn't have to share one rink, right?
Sometimes they did - there are lovely clips of them doing stroking exercises together

:coffee: You know, even many photos with Yagudin and Plushenko look nice. And some videos too.

The point is when Orser felt Fernández and Hanyu needed to be separated, he separated them. So the situation became easier for them both. So it was easier to make lovely videos when they met again.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
:coffee: You know, even many photos with Yagudin and Plushenko look nice. And some videos too.

The point is when Orser felt Fernández and Hanyu needed to be separated, he separated them. So the situation became easier for them both. So it was easier to make lovely videos when they met again.

Yes, you are so right! :thumbsup: I read some years ago maybe Javier said they are in good relationship they respect each other so much they are friends but they won't go together in a pub...or something like this...

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
:thumbsup: I read once maybe Javier said they are in good relationship they respect each other so much they are friends but they won't go together in a pub...or something like this...

Well, I didn't read about a pub. I don't know.

:luv17:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Well, I didn't read about a pub. I don't know.

:luv17:

Maybe he said "have a drink" or something like this but it's not sure, of course. But this was the essence. Maybe Javier's great fans can remember for it

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Who's denying it? The question I answered was did they have separate rinks, the answer is sometimes (especially heading into the Olympics) and sometimes not, and there is evidence for both.

The point is, if they found it hard (albeit under almost unbelievable pressure), how can we expect 15 year old phenoms with huge expectations on their shoulders to find it easier? The current situation means that the amount of 'time' for the current ladies to make their individual claim for number one before they are overtaken or the Olympics (whichever comes first) has been drastically limited. The stress has already cracked the 3A, which I can't believe anyone was surprised by. And it's going to get worse, especially if the 2021 season and chances for glory are eaten away.