Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko | Page 26 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko

SkateSkates

Medalist
I’m tired of reading “x skater would have done it better for y reason...”

We don’t know the full story and behind the scenes of what was going on. These so called “insiders” should always be taken with a grain of salt. Maybe she was waiting for the transfer to go through - the status of the paperwork with the federation as we know it is it still hasn’t been approved, and wasn’t even filed when the story was leaked.

Just because someone doesn’t act the way you would act doesn’t mean they are doing anything wrong, unless we find out something concrete that proves differently. Hindsight is 20/20, and we as posters have no idea the real truth - just the biased outbursts from both sides. Just because you find xx skater’s actions to be “perfect” for whatever reason doesn’t mean everyone sees it this way. Frankly, I find it a bit sexist the way some posters on this board constantly praise the behavior of quiet/subservient seeming female skaters while putting down more outgoing/bold skaters or extremely shy/maybe socially awkward skaters. Not everyone is the same.

Amei

Record Breaker
I believe her parents had already told Eteri they were leaving, did they not?

In such case, it is up to the coaches to respect the wishes of the parents. Trying to contact a 15 year old directly, against the wishes of her parents, is out of bounds. If anyone lacked courage here, (and I am not saying that they did) it was not Sasha.

Did I miss some development - when the parents told Eteri/the coaching team they were leaving did they tell them to not contact their daughter? If the parents told whoever they informed that they were leaving Sambo to not contact their daughter then - yes that's a major foul on the person(s) from the coaching team that tried to contact her, but if the coaches were not instructed by the parents that Alexandra wanted to be left alone, I don't see any 'foul' move by the coaching team attempting to contact her.

Amei

Record Breaker
I see absolutely no shade in the message. So what if Trusova mentioned flowers? People have been causing a ruckus about them in the past, no wonder she makes sure to mention them to show hers was not a departure on bad terms. Why choose to read dark motives behind something when you can choose to read good intentions just as easily?

Given the public complaints that Eteri has made about how students have left; I doubt whoever wrote the statement did the flowers portion of the statement with the purest of intentions - it was meant as a dig.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did I miss some development - when the parents told Eteri/the coaching team they were leaving did they tell them to not contact their daughter? If the parents told whoever they informed that they were leaving Sambo to not contact their daughter then - yes that's a major foul on the person(s) from the coaching team that tried to contact her, but if the coaches were not instructed by the parents that Alexandra wanted to be left alone, I don't see any 'foul' move by the coaching team attempting to contact her.

I tend to look at this from a legal standpoint. I don’t know the law in Russia.

In the US, if the parents say, you are not my daughter’s coach any more, they do not need to give explicit directions. Under no circumstances should an adult, who no longer has a relationship with a minor, contact that minor directly. I don’t care if they were their 24 hour nanny up until that point in time. No further instructions are needed.

Frankly in the US it would be preferred practice even for current coaches to copy parents on *all* texts and communications, no matter if it’s let’s get to the rink a half an hour early and don’t forget your soakers. I have no idea if that actually happens, but it should. :shrug:

from my point of view, it also seems the ethical thing to do. If you want to talk the minor, ask the *parents* to have them contact you.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
True, true.

Or ... maybe Anna would have poisoned Eteri and shot Plushenko.

Or ...

It is so hard to negotiate these fictitious worlds that people spin.

More time is being spent parsing an IG post and coming up with origin theories than Spousal Unit spent editing his dissertation on Vergil.

I wonder two millennia hence we will have the scholia of social media:biggrin:

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Given the public complaints that Eteri has made about how students have left; I doubt whoever wrote the statement did the flowers portion of the statement with the purest of intentions - it was meant as a dig.

To doubt everything in the world is your right. But if you publish your doubts, then take the trouble to at least back them up with some facts. Otherwise, it looks like an insinuation and an attempt to light a fire. “many talk about it” is not an argument. This is just evidence that propaganda works. And no more.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Plushenko about the situation. ;) This is great. Probably the Russians understand it perfectly but it's funny for us, too. This is not his voice I believe this is an actor..The Russian posters find this hilarious on IG.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAPbK3dAXXq/ - Well, do I need this ???? I'm at home, I'm sitting ..... I'm lying .... I'm lying ..... I'm sitting, and most importantly, I'm not touching anyone !!!) :laugh:

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Plushenko about the situation. ;) This is great. Probably the Russians understand it perfectly but it's funny for us, too. This is not his voice I believe this is an actor..The Russian posters find this hilarious on IG.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAPbK3dAXXq/ - Well, do I need this ???? I'm at home, I'm sitting ..... I'm lying .... I'm lying ..... I'm sitting, and most importantly, I'm not touching anyone !!!) :laugh:

I could not understand this. IMO, this is a little childish.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia

Maybe not really hilarious, but not bad. :)

In Russian "I'm sitting at home" means "I keep staying at home". We also use the same verb to speak about prison. If somebody is in prison, we say: "He sits in prison".

"Do I need this??" doesn't sound for me like "Do I need staying at home??". It sounds like "Why do you bother me with that thing??" or like this:
"Do I need troubles?? I keep sitting at home. Or lying. Or sitting again. Or lying."

As for "I don't touch anyone", we often say so. It also means: "I don't disturb anyone, I don't hurt anyone".

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Maybe not really hilarious, but not bad. :)

In Russian "I'm sitting at home" means "I keep staying at home". We also use the same verb to speak about prison. If somebody is in prison, we say: "He sits in prison".

"Do I need this??" doesn't sound for me like "Do I need staying at home??". It sounds like "Why do you bother me with that thing??" or like this:
"Do I need troubles?? I keep sitting at home. Or lying. Or sitting again. Or lying."

As for "I don't touch anyone", we often say so. It also means: "I don't disturb anyone, I don't hurt anyone".

Thank you Rina, you are always so informative :)

I could not understand this. IMO, this is a little childish.

Ok. I just tried to understand the comments ( I know the Russian language a litle bit I can read and write ) and I saw the smilies :eek::

Scott512

Record Breaker
A couple of thoughts on this matter.

First of all, I have great difficulty believing the claims that Trusova was ignored by her coaches. To me, she clearly was her coaches' favorite. Eteri was visibly and actively cheering for her against her own teammates, and she even went on a summer vacation with Eteri. This seems like a bogus claim to me, unless the situation massively changed very recently.

One thing I noticed with Trusova is that she seemed to really struggle with reining herself in. Anna Shcherbakova for example, consistently went with the planned content and was quite slow to even progress to the second quad, whereas Trusova apparently was trying new jumps all the time, and even took unnecessary risks during some exhibitions. In addition, she constantly changed her program layouts. This signifies to me that there might have been a lack of mutual understanding with regards to how they should proceed with her coaching. Who even knows how much her parents were meddling in this scenario?

Rozanov did some very good work, and considering the state of jumps by skaters he was not coaching as young athletes such as Zagitova and Medvedeva with their techniques being completely different, this might be the most significant loss, even moreso than Trusova and Zhilina. After all, the good jump technique was only employed by the skaters Rozanov coached, Zagitova still uses "unfixed" technique to this day. Depending on whether things are as they seem to me, in a couple of years we might find it was Rozanov enabling the quads and not Dudakov or anyone else on team Eteri.
Thorough and fantastic and accurate post. Especially about Sasha being the favorite which was evident to anyone watching. Funny how the favorites always leave EG without even letting her know. Would anyone here just walk away from their coach or job or company without telling anyone or saying goodbye or giving two weeks notice ? Of course not. I guess these awesome athletes live in a different world and by different rules. It is what it is.
True, true.

Or ... maybe Anna would have poisoned Eteri and shot Plushenko.

Or ...

It is so hard to negotiate these fictitious worlds that people spin.

You should have stopped after your first sentence. ;)

Fried

Final Flight
Would anyone here just walk away from their coach or job or company without telling anyone or saying goodbye or giving two weeks notice ? Of course not.
And again the victim role. I can no longer hear it.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
I think that it is interesting that Javi and Yuzu were rivals for about 6 years and despite that they were friends and were trained by the same coach all these years. While Medvedeva could not take even one year with Alina and Sasha - not even one year with Alyona and Anna.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
. ..Funny how the favorites always leave EG without even letting her know. Would anyone here just walk away from their coach or job or company without telling anyone or saying goodbye or giving two weeks notice ? ..

How do you know? Have you been there personally? Try to just answer HERE AND NOW - Who told you that? Some posters continue to live in their fictional world that fits their agenda, irresponsibly not caring about the reality of the world. And the sad thing is that as a result, all together we create this distorted reality.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
True. If it works plushenko will take the credit.

I find it hard to believe that any coach in their right mind would reject her what what her upside is. Trust me Sasha and her parents would never want to go to the butcher. To go from the greatest coach of girls to the worst coach of girls would be a travesty.

Anna would have handled this better and wouldn't have waited a week to say something or to make an official statement. Anna is like Alina in that they never have a miss step.

Alina left? Yulia and evgenia went through and Olympic Cycle Plus with the coach. They had every right to leave if they wanted to. Sasha took her ball and went home basically once Anna and Aliona surpassed her this past season. Up until then Sasha was smiling all the time.
Sasha did not write that. It's okay it's an okay statement but it's a day late and a dollar short it's certainly a week late. As for the flowers what you mean?

They did not. You're the coach you can contact your student at any time. Then she can say goodbye.

The parents were the problem here. But it is what it is they took her away from the best coach for girls to someone totally unproven who has failed with talented girls before. Let's see if that Trend continues or changes. Sasha has the ability to change things. I hope her new environment has her I mean her parents happier.

I will say I'm very happy Sasha has not had to put up with a vitriol that evgenia di when she bolted from EG. One thing is for sure will be fascinating to see what happens next season if there is a next season.

I also think for reasons of harmony that come Europeans and worlds that Alina may get the nod over Sasha. Eteri will not want Sasha there.
As far as I know it was said that eteri was informed 2 weeks before it became known, so what the are you on about that she didn't know? She knew, and I would guess she wasn't that surprised since she already talked Sasha and her parent down from leaving twice. And if she doesn't want to talk to her ex trainers than that's not rude , it's okay to not want to talk to them since we do not even know what happenend behind closed doors. And eteri and co have to respect Sasha not wanting to take their calls.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I think that it is interesting that Javi and Yuzu were rivals for about 6 years and despite that they were friends and were trained by the same coach all these years. While Medvedeva could not take even one year with Alina and Sasha - not even one year with Alyona and Anna.
just because some people can do that beeing rivals and beeing trained by the same coach and staying friends doesnt mean others can , everyone is different and that's ok .

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia

Yet Fernández and Hanyu didn't have to share one rink, right?