Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko | Page 25 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko

vorravorra

Record Breaker
This is how I know I'm not a Russian Ladies Skater (not that I was sitting here wondering if I was one). I don't think you are obligated to bring flowers to your former coach. I might do it because I'm a bit of a people pleaser but I don't think anyone has to do it.

I remember with Evgenia I said something about leaving a job with grace takes maturity and experience. One thing you learn is how to not burn bridges on your way out the door but it doesn't come naturally. Most of us have wanted to go the "Take this job and shove it" route a time or two.
It has got to the point where students leaving other coaches are also reporting "yes, we came to say goodbye and brought flowers and chocolates", just in case someone suspects them of not observing etiquette.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
It has got to the point where students leaving other coaches are also reporting "yes, we came to say goodbye and brought flowers and chocolates", just in case someone suspects them of not observing etiquette.

Well.. Chocolate does go a long way to soothe ruffled feathers.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Where did some of your smart messages go? Did you notice?

I think this is understandable. Everything is fine. I will not argue with that.

Guys: Debate and disagree but keep the bickering and personal insults out of it.

First of all others don't want to read a back and forth of you "You suck" "You suck more" "You suck the most". It's boring. If you want to bicker like that take it to Private Message.

Also, be careful about assuming that you speak for other people. I do not speak for all Canadians or all dog parents or all Kurt Browning fans. You speak for yourself and only yourself in this life unless you are an elected representative.

lpt

On the Ice
Yes, I am curious too about what men get. It doesn't seem to be mentioned. But female Russian coaches are very particular about bouquets. Every student needs to bring a bouquet (i.e. if it's a couple they bring one each). And with Eteri it has mattered a lot in the past. I can understand students feeling nervous until they can discharge their obligation to bring Eteri flowers :laugh:
:palmf: Nobody needs actual flowers. Not women, not men. It is a symbol, more like figure of speech which means - "have a courage to meet your coach face to face and tell that you are leaving, don't run and hide, turning off your phone."

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
well well well http://www.figureskating-online.com/alexandra-trusova.html ;)

"A: I decided to work with Evgeny Viktorovich not because he is an excellent athlete, although this should not be forgotten. For me, he is above all an outstanding personality. And it is much more important. He went through difficult trials, each time finding the strength to rise and go into battle again. And most importantly - he never bowed his head in front of the system, always remaining himself, the winner. In addition, Evgeny Viktorovich is a deeply artistic nature, which attracts me very much."

vorravorra

Record Breaker
:palmf: Nobody needs actual flowers. Not women, not men. It is a symbol, more like figure of speech which means - "have a courage to meet your coach face to face and tell that you are leaving, don't run and hide, turning off your phone."
Sasha is waiting for Eteri to come back from the States presumably. Then she and her entire family can bring her a bouquet each ;)

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Sasha is waiting for Eteri to come back from the States presumably. Then she and her entire family can bring her a bouquet each ;)

Are you probably also the Troll-agent of Rudkovskaya? Do you speak her words? How dare you!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
IFS interview by Tatjana Flade with Aleksandra here: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/s...ndra-Trusova&p=2603514&viewfull=1#post2603514

No real new insights, but this sound more like the real Aleksandra speaking, since she knows Tatjana very well from the many interpretations she did with Sasha and the international press.

But on Tatjana's own IG, the genuinity of Aleksandra's "And most importantly - he never bowed to the system, always remaining himself, a winner." is contested: https://www.instagram.com/p/CANof4npJr5/

Sounds a bit tacky from a 15 year old and a bit like 'don't snap at the hand that will feed you, rather lick at it'. On the other hand, Aleksandra herself didn't bow to the 'system' of #TeamTutberidzeForProgress when it came to jumps vs skating skills, so the answer can go both ways. Anyways, it's not what a 15 y.o. would come up with easily? So a PR writer wrote this?

Also, it is being suggested on other boards, the transfer is primarily meant at securing Aleksandra a lucrative career in future ice show business?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I believe her parents had already told Eteri they were leaving, did they not?

In such case, it is up to the coaches to respect the wishes of the parents. Trying to contact a 15 year old directly, against the wishes of her parents, is out of bounds. If anyone lacked courage here, (and I am not saying that they did) it was not Sasha.

lpt

On the Ice

In such case, it is up to the coaches to respect the wishes of the parents. Trying to contact a 15 year old directly, against the wishes of her parents, is out of bounds. If anyone lacked courage here, (and I am not saying that they did) it was not Sasha.
My post wasn't about Sasha's situation, it was about "flowers meme".

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My post wasn't about Sasha's situation, it was about "flowers meme".

I apologize, I thought that when you said “have the courage to meet your coach face to face” and not “turning off your phone” you were referring to Sasha. Neither Sasha nor her parents have shown a lack of courage in this matter, and I am glad that we agree on that :yes:

ETA: nor did any other skater, such as Zhenya, show a lack of courage. It takes great courage to take a step forward to a new coaching situation:thumbsup: But this thread is about Sasha, so I am talking here about her.

Last edited:

Scott512

Record Breaker
i think Rozanov will be her main coach with Plushenko helping on the side. i also don't think Sasha nor the Zhilina girls would have gone to the academy if Rozanov didn't.
True. If it works plushenko will take the credit.

I think I agree with you. I am very interested in who actually was the coach (or coaches) who rejected Sasha. I hope that we will find out in due time.
I find it hard to believe that any coach in their right mind would reject her what what her upside is. Trust me Sasha and her parents would never want to go to the butcher. To go from the greatest coach of girls to the worst coach of girls would be a travesty.

Your love was publicly known when you insinuated that Anna is somehow a better person because she would of course have done everything the correct way, and that Sasha did something wrong. And if you feel like you do not need to justify yourself on this, then I guess that speaks for itself. :/

In my opinion, it is unfair to make judgements when nobody knows on what terms Sasha and her coaches were when they split. Maybe it was not on amicable terms; then it would be understandable for Sasha to stay quiet and let her parents handle it. That could be the case, hearing the disgusting crap that her dance choreographer Zheleznyakov was spewing about her in his interview, calling her a traitor who ceases to exist, etc. (The same man who is dancing with her in this video).

I don’t know how a member of Sasha’s old team can say such crap and people still will criticise her for not saying goodbye. :palmf:
Anna would have handled this better and wouldn't have waited a week to say something or to make an official statement. Anna is like Alina in that they never have a miss step.

It's kinda scary how Eteri's former absolute best skaters have all left already: 2013-14 season darling Lipnitskaya, 2-time WC Medvedeva, OC+WC Zagitova, JGPC Tsurskaya (she was supposed to be the next biggest thing sans injury), and now 2-time JWC Trusova. Shouldn't look good in her coaching CV.
Alina left? Yulia and evgenia went through and Olympic Cycle Plus with the coach. They had every right to leave if they wanted to. Sasha took her ball and went home basically once Anna and Aliona surpassed her this past season. Up until then Sasha was smiling all the time.
Hmm... I’m not sure she wrote it, it doesn’t sound anything like her, at least from my perspective of hearing her speak in russian. Probably the parents wrote the message, which would be the right thing to do. The backhanded shade about flowers kind of rubs me the wrong way though. :( As if any of it if is about the flowers at all, flowers don’t matter as much as a personal “Thank you and goodbye”.
Sasha did not write that. It's okay it's an okay statement but it's a day late and a dollar short it's certainly a week late. As for the flowers what you mean?

They did not. You're the coach you can contact your student at any time. Then she can say goodbye.

The parents were the problem here. But it is what it is they took her away from the best coach for girls to someone totally unproven who has failed with talented girls before. Let's see if that Trend continues or changes. Sasha has the ability to change things. I hope her new environment has her I mean her parents happier.

I will say I'm very happy Sasha has not had to put up with a vitriol that evgenia di when she bolted from EG. One thing is for sure will be fascinating to see what happens next season if there is a next season.

I also think for reasons of harmony that come Europeans and worlds that Alina may get the nod over Sasha. Eteri will not want Sasha there.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
Do you think that Eteri would have to say about how gets send to worlds? Sasha did not get many clean skates last season... but she still was way way above Alina in skatings. And Sasha could fall over and over and still would get medals. So I doubt interest of Rus Fed is keeping Eteri happy at cost of medals.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
Alina left? Yulia and evgenia went through and Olympic Cycle Plus with the coach. They had every right to leave if they wanted to. Sasha took her ball and went home basically once Anna and Aliona surpassed her this past season. Up until then Sasha was smiling all the time.

that is what happens when you get anything-but-gold-is-losing into you. And then get some "don't cry" on top of that.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
People are people. They want to win. They want to coach the winners. They want to look good. whether it be Eteri's personality, actions or just the state of figure skating espeicailly in her school she happens to have a lot of the top skaters probably in the world though that could be changing with the US, Japan and other Russian schools/coaches. The problem with a school like Eteri's or even Dubreil's Gadbois is feelings are bound to be hurt because of egos, pride and just plain human emotions. Its tough on the pupils when one is no. 1 for a bit and then bumped off by the next one at the same school Eteri may not on purposely appear to be lacking loyalty but she goes through waves \Lipnskaya , Evgenia, Alina, Trusova and now the battle betwee Anna and Alyiona. This is not like the skaters have had long reigns But they do come off as disposable, fast food skaters who are not human. And sometimes coaches being humans do have favourites. In 2014 it did seem pretty clear Zueva wanted D and W to have a OGM. Eventually Eteri may become like yesterday's news or fashion. Now she might last who knows but there are only so many Frank Carrols, Carlo Fassi,Tarasova et al. I can imagine it would be hard with so many great skaters in Eteri's camp As well,it does appear Eteri is no longer so involved. I wish Trusova well. I hope she is a real figher. I think it will be tough. Puberty and questionable technique i fear she will disappear. But theni thought that about Evgenia and at the very least she got an unexpected bronze.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Do you think that Eteri would have to say about how gets send to worlds? Sasha did not get many clean skates last season... but she still was way way above Alina in skatings. And Sasha could fall over and over and still would get medals. So I doubt interest of Rus Fed is keeping Eteri happy at cost of medals.
Yes well maybe.

Sasha has put a lot of pressure on herself with this unbelievable coaching change. I hope she's up for the challenge.
that is what happens when you get anything-but-gold-is-losing into you. And then get some "don't cry" on top of that.
True.

People are people. They want to win. They want to coach the winners. They want to look good. whether it be Eteri's personality, actions or just the state of figure skating espeicailly in her school she happens to have a lot of the top skaters probably in the world though that could be changing with the US, Japan and other Russian schools/coaches. The problem with a school like Eteri's or even Dubreil's Gadbois is feelings are bound to be hurt because of egos, pride and just plain human emotions. Its tough on the pupils when one is no. 1 for a bit and then bumped off by the next one at the same school Eteri may not on purposely appear to be lacking loyalty but she goes through waves \Lipnskaya , Evgenia, Alina, Trusova and now the battle betwee Anna and Alyiona. This is not like the skaters have had long reigns But they do come off as disposable, fast food skaters who are not human. And sometimes coaches being humans do have favourites. In 2014 it did seem pretty clear Zueva wanted D and W to have a OGM. Eventually Eteri may become like yesterday's news or fashion. Now she might last who knows but there are only so many Frank Carrols, Carlo Fassi,Tarasova et al. I can imagine it would be hard with so many great skaters in Eteri's camp As well,it does appear Eteri is no longer so involved. I wish Trusova well. I hope she is a real figher. I think it will be tough. Puberty and questionable technique i fear she will disappear. But theni thought that about Evgenia and at the very least she got an unexpected bronze.

Perfectly explained. Undeniable.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
A couple of thoughts on this matter.

First of all, I have great difficulty believing the claims that Trusova was ignored by her coaches. To me, she clearly was her coaches' favorite. Eteri was visibly and actively cheering for her against her own teammates, and she even went on a summer vacation with Eteri. This seems like a bogus claim to me, unless the situation massively changed very recently.

One thing I noticed with Trusova is that she seemed to really struggle with reining herself in. Anna Shcherbakova for example, consistently went with the planned content and was quite slow to even progress to the second quad, whereas Trusova apparently was trying new jumps all the time, and even took unnecessary risks during some exhibitions. In addition, she constantly changed her program layouts. This signifies to me that there might have been a lack of mutual understanding with regards to how they should proceed with her coaching. Who even knows how much her parents were meddling in this scenario?

Rozanov did some very good work, and considering the state of jumps by skaters he was not coaching as young athletes such as Zagitova and Medvedeva with their techniques being completely different, this might be the most significant loss, even moreso than Trusova and Zhilina. After all, the good jump technique was only employed by the skaters Rozanov coached, Zagitova still uses "unfixed" technique to this day. Depending on whether things are as they seem to me, in a couple of years we might find it was Rozanov enabling the quads and not Dudakov or anyone else on team Eteri.