Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova switching from Tutberidze to Plushenko

Arbitrary

Medalist
I'm deeply afraid that Pluschenko is not enough "the Coach" for Sasha. Master and Commander, he is not.
She need someone like those old schooler were. Tarasova, Zhuk, don't know better.

And pay attention the escape happened less than two months before her turning 16.
At 16, she may decide who's her coach. Before the date it's her parents' privilege. At 18, she may decide anything (per Russian laws).

I'm looking for the worst yet to be happening...

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Yeah, it seems to me Plyushchenko is neither fear inspiring nor awe inspiring for real as a coach and mentor to a 16 year old.

We’ll see, but I think the best cards were dealt by Mr Trusov so far.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Why do you think Plushenko can help her with her quads? He does not carry much weight as a coach yet, just because he could jump quads does not make him a good teacher. I think they are hoping Rosanov can replace Dudakov in technical department

Sent from my iPhone using Golden Skate

Why? Because Plushenko knows everything about the jumps and he can teach them. I have seen many times on master classes and I read interviews, comments of other skaters. He said in interviews he teaches Mishin's method but he has some own ideas, too. We will see.

It's a little bit other aspect but maybe will help Sasha. Sergei Voronov's opinion:

"When you are next to an extraordinary person, and Plushenko is an extraordinary person, it's not just a compliment, you start to feel different. It's another atmosphere, another energy, another attitude. Strong competitors make you stronger."

Scott512

Record Breaker
I am hoping that her and Zhenya have been talking. Zhenya has experienced some of the same ridicule and hate that Sasha is/will receive. Hopefully Zhenya can give her some tips on how to handle the media, “fans”, and russian politics through all of this. For a 15 year old, this would be extremely difficult and I can’t imagine myself handling it well when I was 15. Now I am hoping that Sasha and Zhenya have events together again because I really don’t want Sasha to have to skate against Aliona, Alina, or Anna during her first few competitions under her new coaching staff. I know that they will eventually meet at the GPF and/or Russian Nats, but I want Sasha to have a chance to adjust to her team without the pressure of skating against her old rinkmates and under the eyes of her former coaches.
Maybe they have been talking. Sasha needs other voices besides her parents and coaches.

Oh I think Sasha will be facing Aliona in 1 Grand Prix event and Anna ballerina in the other. That is a given. And a hungry Alina just may pop up in Zhenyas 2 gp events. Eteri will be on the warpath!

MaHa75

On the Ice
as much i understand the russian the main coach will still be Sergey Rozanov. Who also worked a lot with Sasha in sambo70. The Plushenko owv the Skating Academia but will not be the main coach.
Rozanov probably left Sambo 70 because he didnt get enough attention and glory. He is very good coach and worked the most there but in publicity only Eteri, Danil and Dudakov get admire. And I think that it all started when sergey decided to leave Sambo 70 then also some student student decided to go with him.

sworddance21

On the Ice
I'm seeing lots of people saying Plushenko isn't proven enough as a coach - and maybe he doesn't have a ton of experience as a coach - but really, neither did Lambiel and he seems to be doing pretty well with some top level skaters. I think it is exciting to have these new high level coaches in the mix. I hope that he does great things with Sasha.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I just read this interview with Plushenko (sorry if it was posted already) and it sounds like he is ready to pour everything into Trusova. Which is a good thing imo, particularly when he says that they will look into foreign choreographers and that he intends to coach full time, that Rozanov will create his own group with presumingly Trusova being at the heart of it.

https://amp.sport24.ru/news/other/2...-i-sergeya-rozanova?__twitter_impression=true

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I just read this interview with Plushenko (sorry if it was posted already) and it sounds like he is ready to pour everything into Trusova. Which is a good thing imo, particularly when he says that they will look into foreign choreographers and that he intends to coach full time, that Rozanov will create his own group with presumingly Trusova being at the heart of it.

https://amp.sport24.ru/news/other/2...-i-sergeya-rozanova?__twitter_impression=true
He has to put everything into her because if she prevails and can compete with Anna and alyona or even beat them again after her trainer change than that will bring very good publicity for his school and for him too. We will have to give them time and watch what will happen.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
He has to put everything into her because if she prevails and can compete with Anna and alyona or even beat them again after her trainer change than that will bring very good publicity for his school and for him too. We will have to give them time and watch what will happen.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

I will be overjoyed to see Trusova on the ice again—and honestly, having Plyushenko back to trying to prove something to the world as Trusova’s coach is am amazing story. I want to see it!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I'm seeing lots of people saying Plushenko isn't proven enough as a coach - and maybe he doesn't have a ton of experience as a coach - but really, neither did Lambiel and he seems to be doing pretty well with some top level skaters. I think it is exciting to have these new high level coaches in the mix. I hope that he does great things with Sasha.

Lambiel always went to his skaters' competitions and was clearly invested in them in all aspects, on and off ice. Not a good comparison, imo.

Talk is cheap...we will see what happens. Reputations develop for a reason.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Trainer Volkov - on Trusova’s transition: “ I don’t think Plushenko has a goal to compete with Tutberidze ”

Alexander Volkov, from the Academy of coach Yevgeniy Plyushchenko, shared his expectations of working with Aleksandra Trusova after her departure from the group of Eteri Tutberidze. Volkov coached Trusova before her transition to Tutberidze.

" Me and Trusova stopped working four years ago. We have not talked since. "

" I am pleased about the Trusova's transfer to Plyushchenko. Will I work with her? Each athlete has the right to decide over this herself. Trusova needs more stable quadruples. Still needs an emphasis on skating, because if she fails the jumps, she gets a second rating a little lower than Kostornaya and other girls. And, of course, a triple Axel.

Still, adult skating is slightly different from youthful, it should be more feminine. Trusova was given the disposition to jump, here it is necessary to improve the cleanliness, glide quality, and beauty of her skating.

If the child decided to switch, then there is no catch. I do not think that Plyushchenko has a goal to compete with Tutberidze. He does his job, and does it well.

I think Trusova will be the number one as she is the strongest athlete in our group. Do I want to work with her again? Of course, i'll be interesting. Time will tell, working towards this, ” Volkov was quoted by Metaratings.ru.
-----
From: https://sport24.ru/news/other/2020-...shchenko-yest-tsel-sorevnovatsya-s-tutberidze

Seems like Volkov was not on Mr Trusov's agenda.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Maybe they have been talking. Sasha needs other voices besides her parents and coaches.

Oh I think Sasha will be facing Aliona in 1 Grand Prix event and Anna ballerina in the other. That is a given. And a hungry Alina just may pop up in Zhenyas 2 gp events. Eteri will be on the warpath!

why is that a given? Not doubting you just asking.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice

I don’t know if they will do that. They will probably keep Sasha, Anna, and Aliona separate since they were the three dominant ladies last season and have the best chances of making it to the GPF. I also don’t think that they will pair Zhenya and Alina together either. They have never done it in the past, so I don’t really see why they would do it now. I think that either Anna and Alina or Aliona and Alina will be paired together, while the either Anna or Aliona is with Liza T, Ksenia S, or Zhenya. This is assuming that the Russian Fed is still using the idea of pairing the girls together.

eaglehelang

Final Flight

Comparison has been made with Orser when he took on Yuna Kim. Yuna was Orser 1st student so he really had no full time coaching experience .

Lambiel 1st top level skater is Shoma Uno. It remains to be seen what Lambiel can do with Shoma since they just started a couple of months.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Lambiel always went to his skaters' competitions and was clearly invested in them in all aspects, on and off ice. Not a good comparison, imo.

Yes, but Stef had senior skaters mostly, and he didn’t have to deal with the problems of an entire academy, the building, the staff, and so on..he just rent the rink and no more problem. Stef perfoms on shows but he didn't creat huge, fantastic shows with many technical and visual innovations every year. Can you imagine how much work does it take to be a producer? Evgeni's income is huge Plush is rich and he enjoys it but he invested lots of money to the Academy. In march of 2021 this new building will be handed over again. https://www.instagram.com/p/B0K9tzHiBJ2/ great, isn't it? New ice-rink, ballet room, gymn, medical room, etc.
Evgeny did not leave his students without coach when he wasn't there.

Yes, totally different, not a good comparison.

This is not for you Silverfoxes:
I'm saying again it's weird for me if anybody works so much, if anybody does many things, builds a totally new academy in a very hostile environment ( the private school was very unsusal in Russia that is very incomprehensible how it works for many people), creates new fantastic shows, that is worse than if anybody only a coach in a skating club. Plushenko was very ambitious in his whole life and he has talent to reach his goals. That is so annoying, right?:biggrin:

Talk is cheap...we will see what happens. Reputations develop for a reason.[

Yes, we will see.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Trainer Volkov - on Trusova’s transition: “ I don’t think Plushenko has a goal to compete with Tutberidze ”

Alexander Volkov, from the Academy of coach Yevgeniy Plyushchenko, shared his expectations of working with Aleksandra Trusova after her departure from the group of Eteri Tutberidze. Volkov coached Trusova before her transition to Tutberidze.

" Me and Trusova stopped working four years ago. We have not talked since. "

" I am pleased about the Trusova's transfer to Plyushchenko. Will I work with her? Each athlete has the right to decide over this herself. Trusova needs more stable quadruples. Still needs an emphasis on skating, because if she fails the jumps, she gets a second rating a little lower than Kostornaya and other girls. And, of course, a triple Axel.

Still, adult skating is slightly different from youthful, it should be more feminine. Trusova was given the disposition to jump, here it is necessary to improve the cleanliness, glide quality, and beauty of her skating.

If the child decided to switch, then there is no catch. I do not think that Plyushchenko has a goal to compete with Tutberidze. He does his job, and does it well.

I think Trusova will be the number one as she is the strongest athlete in our group. Do I want to work with her again? Of course, i'll be interesting. Time will tell, working towards this, ” Volkov was quoted by Metaratings.ru.
-----
From: https://sport24.ru/news/other/2020-...shchenko-yest-tsel-sorevnovatsya-s-tutberidze

Seems like Volkov was not on Mr Trusov's agenda.

Finally, an adult voice in the conversation.

This whole Russian coaching stuff reminds me of when I taught middle school.

Volkov has it right in tone and content. My paraphrase: "She needs to firm up her technical advantage and work on her components. I'd be happy to work with her again, but whatever. I'm good either way."

MaHa75

On the Ice
And more skaters move from Eteri to Plushenko Academy with Rozanov...Samsonov.and Uchaseva:shocked: