Alexandra Trusova | Page 79 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

MissBeeFarm

On the Ice
She will be going to her first Japanese ice show, Dreams on Ice! along with the other of the 3A and Alina :)

Shouldn't they be the 4A now, since they are all seniors next season? :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Lovely interview indeed. Aleksandra the typical teenage girl, shy one moment, bold the next, but always modest and honest.
She was sort of evasive in answering questions about school etc, but from what I gather she is doing well enough. Maths is her favourite subject, and the answers come to her quite easily.
Long days, travel, training, and some homework and self study, but Aleksandra loves to spend time with her family in leisure.

She explained she is training the triple Axel often, still in the harness. The harness is only there to give the skater some extra security, it is not used to help the flight.
Aleksandra thinks she has the 3A ready by coming season. She plans on learning all the quads, but thinks no more than three will be needed in competition.

She loves to watch movies and serials, but also likes to read, draw, and decorate using "stesh", which I think are stick on crystals and rhinestones etc.
Her current reading interests are detectives (Agatha Christie is currently her favourite author) and fantasy.

Aleksandra doesn't like fast food, her favourite foodstuffs are "pelmeni" her mother and babushka cook. She likes to prepare waffles and brings them to the rink for her friends to try.

She is a little apprehensive of flying but when she needs to get to a competition she gathers herself together endures the flight and enjoys the new countries, cities and places she visits.

Her favourite skaters are Nathan Chan and Alyona Savchenko. She also likes synchronised swimming, rhythmic gymnastics, but cannot think of herself other than a figure skater. Though she'd love to be a ballerina.

About Tina, she is a pedigree dog, but has too many difficult names by descendance, so goes by the klichka "Tina"

Thanks for translating! :thank:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Thanks for translating! :thank:

There is much more, talking makeup, hair, nails and such, but these parts caught my interest since I watched the clip on the train home. Hopefully somebody fluent in both Russian and English will provide a more complete transcription soon.

Aleksandra isn't a seasoned interviewee yet and the interviewer didn't press any sensitive subjects too hard, so the atmosphere was quite relaxed. The hostess is a sports.ru blogger of sorts, and sports.ru is also the ePub with a chat and forum where skaters repeatedly get trashed.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Thanks Edwin!:thank: I absolutely adore Sasha, she is such a fierce competitor but also has a great personality. Even though I don't understand Russian, it is very interesting to watch this interview just to catch her reactions :biggrin::biggrin:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Aleksandra mentioned a "gilet" being attached to the fishing rod used in training triples and quads. A "gilet" in Russian is a sleeveless vest IIRC, and that makes sense. The recent photos from a training session at Khrustalniy had a young skater in the harness on the fishing rod. But a harness slips off your body when you lift your arms, so Aleksandra using a vest of sorts that is buckled closed over her chest is better suited to triples and quads with your arms over your head, Rippon position.

Aleksandra was praised for being fearless by the invited fans and when asked directly answered she was never afraid of learning difficult jumps since she has learned how to fall safely on her hands or on her behind.
She was invited to a probation for the top training group at age 9, but didn't elaborate further on the selection criteria applied by Eteri Georgiyevna.
She never has had problems with the high intensity workload put on her and has been fortunate to stay relative injury free.

I will certainly rewatch the interview and try to find out more about the daily proceedings at Khrustalniy, the training process and what makes Aleksandra such a spectacular skater.

Prospective young athletes always get asked about becoming Olympic Champion which is a bit premature IMO.

neusw

On the Ice
This sounds really promising re: the 3A. If she is only using it to figure out the landing and not to assist with jump height and rotation, then I have high hopes that she will go for it in competition next year.

EdRoz

Record Breaker
Alexandra Trusova FS next season - Daenerys Targaryen
Music - Matt Bellamy – Pray (High Valerian), Ramin Djawadi – The Night king

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
It's not just GoT. She said she will portray Daenerys :unsure: I feel that Arya would be better choice, tbh - I always imagined Alina as Daenerys. I am not sure Sasha is mature enough for that character.. I hope they know what they are doing.

Daenerys is the most boring character in the books for me, during repeated readig I'm always skipping her chapters completely, but on the beginning of her way she's celebrated her 14th birthday, while Sasha is nearly 15. And to be honest, Sasha is much more mature than Daenerys ever will be :)

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
It's not just GoT. She said she will portray Daenerys :unsure: I feel that Arya would be better choice, tbh - I always imagined Alina as Daenerys. I am not sure Sasha is mature enough for that character.. I hope they know what they are doing.

Completely agree about Arya, she is much more physical character. Daenerys rides a dragon. Without the dragons, she just stands there. While Arya dances when she fights and is small, swift and dangerous. Otherwise, GoT has great music for skating. I fell in love with the music from the last episode.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Daenerys is the most boring character in the books for me, during repeated readig I'm always skipping her chapters completely, but on the beginning of her way she's celebrated her 14th birthday, while Sasha is nearly 15. And to be honest, Sasha is much more mature than Daenerys ever will be :)

I wonder if in a year’s time if maybe Sasha’s performances may give a refreshing take on this character. Maybe now you’ll be able to go back and reread them with a new vision of Tiny Boss being all badass and sparking a bit more interest.

I know Kill Bill and especially 5th Element has taken on a whole new life for me :)

neusw

On the Ice
YAAASSSS I was literally thinking yesterday that not enough people were skating to the seriously badass music of GoT. It's just the kind of intense foreboding music that is perfect for Sasha. And please remember before getting up in arms about how the story is too serious/sexualized/violent/whatever, that it's just good music and the concept of a personality. She's not literally a child bride being sold off into marriage and horribly violated, just like all the ladies skating to warhorse musicals/soundtracks aren't literally trying to be murderous prostitutes.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I wonder if in a year’s time if maybe Sasha’s performances may give a refreshing take on this character. Maybe now you’ll be able to go back and reread them with a new vision of Tiny Boss being all badass and sparking a bit more interest.

I know Kill Bill and especially 5th Element has taken on a whole new life for me :)

Unfortunately Sasha's programs did not change my attitude to those two movies :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw3xwSQHKOc/

She's announced her music!!!! Game of Thrones! Interesting choice, I'm excited to see how she pulls it off!

Aleksandra the Quadster has skated with a dragon on the back of her dress. She'll have no problems mastering whatever GoT character she wants to portray, after all it is only the music track she needs. No references to the movies' character, don't know even if the GoT characters are copyrighted?
GoT music is recognised all over the world where the series is shown on TV and popular with the spectators, but perhaps more with the older ones?
It is a good choice of music for Aleksandra's international debut in the seniors, strong, powerful, exciting, she'll have little trouble pulling her new routines off with that music if Gleikhengauz cuts and edits the tracks well.

PS: Good to see Aleksandra has her IG account verified and authenticated. Hope the other skaters follow soon, makes it easier to differentiate between the true and fake accounts.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States

Sasha - the Mother of Dragons :biggrin: