Alexandra Trusova | Page 83 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

Fluture

Record Breaker
What interview did you take this word from? Sasha never called Zhenya an idol or a favorite figure skater. Olympic channel video "She gave me tips at practices, we lived together in Novogorsk, she told people to leave and give me space to jump quad at European Gala." https://youtu.be/lT8wAqGgBno?t=260 Before that, I heard that she helped with communication in the team and gave a toy. It's all about human qualities, and not a word about skating.

Sasha said before in an interview that one of the reasons she wanted to go to Eteri was that Zhenya was training there. I don‘t remember which one it was but it was quoted here on Goldenskate. Sounds like Zhenya was kind of a mentor for her.

And I might be mistaken due to language barriers but for me the word idol in the context of figure skating doesn‘t necessarily imply favorite skater. For me it actually is mostly about human qualities. It’s like a role model, someone you look up to. If I look up to a skater, I do it more because of how the person behaves and thinks and how they handle different situations and hardships rather than only because of what they do on the ice. But we probably just have different definitions on that. :)

As for GP assignments. I think Sasha has great ones. She‘ll be loved in Russia and they will cheer her on. And though she will face Rika before the final, I think this can be good for her to assess the competition, learn who she is up against.

And btw here is Sasha with Shoma doing side by side cantilevers! Cool. I‘m waiting for side by side 4F :cool:

https://www.instagram.com/avtrusova/p/By-jLgOoFnz/?igshid=shykym1agwto

tempo

On the Ice
Lovely interview/feature indeed. And the last one with Aleksandra as a child. Coming season everything will be different and no doubt more stressful for her.

It will be official tomorrow (23 June 2004 is a special day in her life) ;)

Arbitrary

Medalist
23/06/2019
Alexandra Trusova is 15 now and may participate in the Seniors this season. Officially.
She was born just 7 days before the deadline of the year.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Happy birthday, dear Sasha! :cheer:

You are such an inspiration, a model of grit, determination and power! Thank you for your courage to push the sport forward, I wish you health and success in your entire career :pray: