Alina Zagitova | Page 1029 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Wow! Questions. I have them.

I understood 3 words: "Alina", "Zagitova" and I swear I heard "Masaru" in there! Any Russian speakers like to weigh in on this?

He really captured the tense FS fan watching a program vibe. Or maybe something completely different? I'm almost scared to ask....

At any rate, I don't think T-Killah needs to worry too much about being replaced. ;)

Well, F-91 really got everything right - he raps about Alina being a living legend, her enormous talent, her hard work, all the records, medals and titles, that she's a national and Russian sporting treasure, about her programmes that are ahead of their times, how people love and support her; about Eteri being a wise coach and a second mum, and about Iriska and Masaru being loyal and never ditching Alina "for Kihira or Miahara", and that she will rock everyone when she returns :)

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Well, F-91 really got everything right - he raps about Alina being a living legend, her enormous talent, her hard work, all the records, medals and titles, that she's a national and Russian sporting treasure, about her programmes that are ahead of their times, how people love and support her; about Eteri being a wise coach and a second mum, and about Iriska and Masaru being loyal and never ditching Alina "for Kihira or Miahara", and that she will rock everyone when she returns :)

Buahahahah xD
Masaru and Iriska are loyal members of Alina gang!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Nice words indeed. Compare them with the many nasty, passive-aggressive ones coming from Russian elite. The disease of Cronus to eat his children is eternal.

Exactly. All Japanese that commented on Alina taking a break are so much nicer to her than the vast majority of her own countrymen. It freaking blows my mind.
Russian elite comments range from 'she's for sure not coming back' to degrading her career by saying 'it's only 3 programs' and 'what's the point of skating if you fall from 2A when others are doing quads' (Zhulin)
Meanwhile, Miki, Rika and Satoko being the angels that they are, support Alina and say they'll wait for her, that they wish her a great rest and that they will miss her during her break.
Yeap... Why can't russian elite find some love (or even some decency) for Alina, even a tiny bit, when her competition from another country found that love within themselves.
Visit Japan more often, Alina! You'll get showered with love and appreciation that you deserve!

p.s. Japanese TV also filmed Alina's appearance in that shopping Mall with Sleeping beauty show and her appearance on Evening Urgant. They cover her every move :biggrin:
It certainly makes my happy seeing that she has found a special place in their hearts.

Finley

Record Breaker
From FSO -

Arthur Dmitriev Sr. spoke very well about Alina: https://rsport.ria.ru/20191217/1562492409.html

“It is up to her to decide how much she feels and whether she can then continue her career. After the suspension, it is always difficult to resume work. But even a new Olympic cycle without a pause is difficult to start, but she went to it and, well done, she fought. And last year, and in this she rode very decently, but apparently she needs a break to think, " said Dmitriev over the phone.

Surely she discusses all issues with the coach and this is their joint decision, but it happens that the athlete makes such decisions himself. She is a great athlete, all professionals treat her with respect, and there is not a single person who could accuse her of having once or somewhere she did not fight or gave up, ” said Dmitriev.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Heartfelt testimony from a fan :)

You know what I'd like to say? In addition to cries of delight and adoration, there is one simple thought with which I, extremely happy, left the Ostankino building: Alina Zagitova is very, very kind. Just humanly. Polite, sincere, with a huge soul. All my love is for you, Alina. All of it.

She approached everyone, didn’t miss anyone. Spent time with everyone. Someone told her "we support you very much." And she answered, "I see and notice this, thank you very much." Such a warm, sweet, a little shy child that you literally cannot believe this miracle.

My heart nearly broke. From excitement and from other strong feelings. I wanted to hug her and not let go. I rambled on and sputtered - "we all love you, we are very grateful to you, you are so wonderful." And she stroked my back with her hand. My joy!

She makes so many people happy. And deserves the whole world. Alina Zagitova deserves the whole world.