Alina Zagitova | Page 1108 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Finley

Record Breaker
Ilya Averbukh saying nice things about Alina (from FSO) -

Averbukh: do not seriously accept the absence of Zagitova in the ISU nominations

https://rsport.ria.ru/20200630/1573...com/?from=special&utm_source=YandexZenSpecial

“Honestly, I’m far from the whole story with these nominations. And I believe that in the world of figure skating there are awards that will never be replaced by any others - a presence on the podium. Everything else serves to popularize figure skating, but take this seriously worth. Not a single figurine will ever be on a par with the medal. Alina Zagitova is the Olympic champion, " Averbukh said over the phone.

sparklestan

On the Ice

Averbukh: do not seriously accept the absence of Zagitova in the ISU nominations

https://rsport.ria.ru/20200630/1573...com/?from=special&utm_source=YandexZenSpecial

“Honestly, I’m far from the whole story with these nominations. And I believe that in the world of figure skating there are awards that will never be replaced by any others - a presence on the podium. Everything else serves to popularize figure skating, but take this seriously worth. Not a single figurine will ever be on a par with the medal. Alina Zagitova is the Olympic champion, " Averbukh said over the phone.
It’s probably better for Alina not to be involved in the ISU awards. No need for their tacky drama to tarnish Alina’s greatness. Anyways, Alina already has the BEST award- the Grand Slam of figure skating, including the Olympic Gold Medal. :biggrin:

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico

Well said. No amount of phony ISU awards can replace an actual championship medal :thumbsup:

Alina's amazing accomplishments on and off the ice speak for themselves :)

Fried

Final Flight
I don't understand the recurring assertions that an award does not replace a medal. Has anyone ever said otherwise?

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Just saw the new Shiseido Insta footage.

My goodness she's gorgeous.

She's like the dream Olympic Champion. That routine was incredible (still watch it all the time, Don Quixote will always be attributed to Alina in my mind) and yet she looks like a super model!!!

Scott512

Record Breaker
From her instagram today: https://www.instagram.com/p/CCEc-ZHJ-mt/

She's rocking those heels!
Speaking of Instagram I was reading online that Alina lost 1800 Instagram followers recently. I gathered because she was complimenting Putin while some of her fans hate him for obvious reasons. But it is a shame that some people would stop following Alina because she supports a president they don't like.

I don't care a bit about the ISU awards.

Fried

Final Flight
Oh well. What the one is the coaching team is the other the President. ;-)
I don't see much of a difference.

Finley

Record Breaker
Speaking of Instagram I was reading online that Alina lost 1800 Instagram followers recently. I gathered because she was complimenting Putin while some of her fans hate him for obvious reasons. But it is a shame that some people would stop following Alina because she supports a president they don't like.

I don't care a bit about the ISU awards.

These things happen. Politics stir up passionate feelings. Lets focus on the positive here in Alina's Fan Fest. Here is display in a department store of the new Shiseido product -

https://twitter.com/tamayura_yura/status/1278248962013556736

Did I mention that Alina won the Olympic Gold Medal and the ISU awards are meaningless?

That one was for you Fried :)

Scott512

Record Breaker
These things happen. Politics stir up passionate feelings. Lets focus on the positive here in Alina's Fan Fest. Here is display in a department store of the new Shiseido product -

https://twitter.com/tamayura_yura/status/1278248962013556736

Did I mention that Alina won the Olympic Gold Medal and the ISU awards are meaningless?

politics stirs up crazies. But I would not stop being a fan of an actor or singer that I like four years because they saw things differently politically than I do. There is just something fundamentally wrong about that and to do that to this teenage girl who rarely if ever takes a misstep is peculiar.

They are meaningless awards to some of us. But to others in here and supporters of Alina it means something. To each their own.

Fried

Final Flight

Did I mention that Alina won the OGM and her appearance is meaningless.
^_^

(Please don't take it too seriously. I wholeheartedly treat every fan to their enthusiasm.)

lesnar001

Record Breaker
This is ridiculous. This is supposed to be a fanfest.

Scott - I'm surprised at you making posts like this. You've been here long enough to know not to drag politics into it.

Fried - I'm not surprised at you. Not after your infamous post in another thread making ethnic slurs about Alina. With that kind of bigotry, why are you even in her fanfest?

Disgusting.

Scott512

Record Breaker
This is ridiculous. This is supposed to be a fanfest.

Scott - I'm surprised at you making posts like this. You've been here long enough to know not to drag politics into it.

Fried - I'm not surprised at you. Not after your infamous post in another thread making ethnic slurs about Alina. With that kind of bigotry, why are you even in her fanfest?

Disgusting.

It was just a shock to read in the Russian papers that she lost almost 2,000 Instagram followers and try to figure it out. But I won't mention it again.

Finley

Record Breaker
Did I mention that Alina won the OGM and her appearance is meaningless.
^_^

(Please don't take it too seriously. I wholeheartedly treat every fan to their enthusiasm.)

Would you like to delete this post? Or are you going to make me go to the trouble of reporting it? I'd really prefer not to, but your post is more appropriate for Russian Ladies Thread. This is her fan fest. As you well know.

Fried

Final Flight
Would you like to delete this post? Or are you going to make me go to the trouble of reporting it? I'd really prefer not to, but your post is more appropriate for Russian Ladies Thread. This is her fan fest. As you well know.
I apologize if I have expressed myself misleadingly and hurt feelings. That was not my intention. I found it really funny that due to the fact that Alina was no longer nominated, it was repeatedly stressed how unimportant the award is (which is of course true), while I am absolutely convinced that many posts would have been praised for a long time, she would have received an award. But I think fans don't understand fun here. As for Alina's appearance, I definitely put it wrong! She is a beauty. There is no doubt about that! My (fun-meant) answer only related to your posting. I wanted to express that a perfect body, or a perfect skin or a perfect face are just as meaningless in terms of a sporting achievement as an award. Nevertheless, these things are highlighted and cheered. So why shouldn't you be allowed to cheer for an award? Do you understand better now what I mean?

I added the missing "beautiful" in my post. If after this explanation you find that I have written something negative about Alina and that I should delete the posting, please let me know. Then I do it.

Finley

Record Breaker
I apologize if I have expressed myself misleadingly and hurt feelings. That was not my intention. I found it really funny that due to the fact that Alina was no longer nominated, it was repeatedly stressed how unimportant the award is (which is of course true), while I am absolutely convinced that many posts would have been praised for a long time, she would have received an award. But I think fans don't understand fun here. As for Alina's appearance, I definitely put it wrong! She is a beauty. There is no doubt about that! My (fun-meant) answer only related to your posting. I wanted to express that a perfect body, or a perfect skin or a perfect face are just as meaningless in terms of a sporting achievement as an award. Nevertheless, these things are highlighted and cheered. So why shouldn't you be allowed to cheer for an award? Do you understand better now what I mean?

I added the missing "beautiful" in my post. If after this explanation you find that I have written something negative about Alina and that I should delete the posting, please let me know. Then I do it.

I understand that this forum provides the perfect tool in order to avoid further misunderstandings resulting from the fact we do not share the same sense of humor or point of view. I foresee a harmonious co-existence in the future :)

New Lipstick from Shiseido! -

https://twitter.com/teamzagitova/status/1278380231313756162

Scott512

Record Breaker

apology accepted. But watch it. ;)

I understand that this forum provides the perfect tool in order to avoid further misunderstandings resulting from the fact we do not share the same sense of humor or point of view. I foresee a harmonious co-existence in the future :)

New Lipstick from Shiseido! -

https://twitter.com/teamzagitova/status/1278380231313756162

Harmony is what we strive for