Alina Zagitova | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

The Finn

Record Breaker
Just like last year the judges are pushing hard for the japanese ladies. They reduced Alina's PCS score about 0.7 points what it was at the GP final and increased hugely the PCS score of japanese ladies. Honda got about 1.2 points more in PCS that what she had ever got before and Sakamoto got 1.5 points more in PCS than what she had ever got before. Both of the japanese ladies got more PCS points than Alina. The judges are going to push hard for a japanese to win, just like they did last year.

Last edited:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Just like last year the judges are pushing hard for the japanese ladies. They reduced Alina's PCS score about 0.7 points what it was at the GP final and increased hugely the PCS score of japanese ladies. Honda got about 1.2 points more in PCS that what she had ever got before and Sakamoto got 1.5 points more in PCS than what she had ever got before. Both of the japanese ladies got more PCS points than Alina. The judges are going to push hard for a japanese to win, just like they did last year.

That's exactly my thoughts. Same was with Alisa in the short program at last year JWC. What a shame. :noshake:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Just like last year the judges are pushing hard for the Japanese ladies.
It has nothing to do with the judges pushing anything, this year or last year.

It has everything to do with the Japanese ladies pushing hard. All three brought their best today, and gave the fastest and strongest performances I've ever seen from any of them. They all set new PB's, and they deserved them. Meanwhile Alina wasn't quite as good as she was at the JGPF.

The free skate is a whole different thing though, and the title is still Alina's to lose IMO.
If she's clean and skates like she did at the JGPF (or even just close to it), I don't think anyone can catch her.
She just has to hold her nerve.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
It has nothing to do with the judges pushing anything, this year or last year.

It most definitely has, both Honda and Higuchi had two very clear URs in their FS last year but the judges could not have care less because they were pushing them for gold.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
It most definitely has, both Honda and Higuchi had two very clear URs in their FS last year but the judges could not have care less because they were pushing them for gold.
UR calls are made by tech panel. Not judges.

And were these "clear URs" like Marin's 3T today? That you claim is a "clear UR", but isn't?

In any case, a couple of bad calls does not make a conspiracy.

Last edited:

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Even with judges lack of objectivity if Alina skates clean FS she will definitely win.
I've just watched her performance and I was scared by amount of hate in comments under video :(

The Finn

Record Breaker
UAnd were these "clear URs" like Marin's 3T today? That you claim is a "clear UR", but isn't?

I am not claiming anything, I was telling how it was. If you are so interested about it then go read the thread of the event. At the time I mentioned this fact there.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I am not claiming anything, I was telling how it was. If you are so interested about it then go read the thread of the event. At the time I mentioned this fact there.
So... because you mentioned it more than once, and in two different threads... that makes it a "fact"?

Uhuh. Whatever. I'm not going to continue this, especially not in Alina's fan thread.

I don't think there's any point trying to be rational with you, I think you are going to believe your conspiracy theories no matter what... cling to any scraps that appear to support your theories... and ignore all other evidence and logic that contradict what you want to believe.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I don't think there's any point trying to be rational with you, I think you are going to believe your conspiracy theories no matter what... cling to any scraps that appear to support your theories... and ignore all other evidence and logic that contradict what you want to believe.

You can call it what ever you want but this is figure skating and there most definitely is hard pushing at times. And it is a fact. At different times the push from the judges is to benefit different skaters and countries, and nowdays in junior ladies the push has been for the japanese ladies.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Even with judges lack of objectivity if Alina skates clean FS she will definitely win.
I've just watched her performance and I was scared by amount of hate in comments under video :(

Realistically, if she is by far the best then she will win but if she is not clearly the best then she isn't going to win because that is when the hard pushing for the japanese come to play.

Why would you read comments from trolls and such? Geopolitical situation in the western world is still very anti-Russian which means a lot of anti-Russian comments on Youtube and other boards which has nothing to do with Alina or figure skating but only geopoliticals views of the trolls who wrote them.

Last edited:

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
There are already dislikes under her youtube video and very rude comments about her performance in other threads
This upsets me very much. So much harsh words to 14 years old girl ((((
But I'm so happy for her!!!! She deserved every single point in her scores today! Wishing her luck with her FS program.

lbamda

On the Ice
In general Alina's separation on the TES on 1-1.5 point to be more. Pull Japanese for all parts of a body on a podium.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
You can call it what ever you want but this is figure skating and there most definitely is hard pushing at times. And it is a fact. At different times the push from the judges is to benefit different skaters and countries, and nowdays in junior ladies the push has been for the japanese ladies.
Sorry to everyone here for speaking about this in a Zagitova fan thread, but I feel I have to reply. The thing is, while Japanese junior ladies are pushed somewhat (their amazing talent definitely helps), Zagitova is also definitely pushed. Her PCS for that level of performance show it. Not that she is bad, but her performance and interpretation mostly still feel just learned move by move, not felt (at least in my opinion). And this time her performance in the SP seemed even tighter and more concentrated on elements than at other competitions. Admittedly, her jumps were great this time, but her not so ideal technique (the lean forward) was showing at other competitions and she still got very high GOE for those jumps. Definitely not disliking Zagitova, just trying to be objective in the sense that the Japanese girls are not the only ones who are pushed.

Besides, while, in the case of Shiraiwa, an underrotation or two were disregarded, I think both Honda and Sakamoto deserved their scores. Both have better skills and performance than Zagitova. Yes, Sakamoto is not sophisticated and her posture is not good, but her joy and energy could be felt and seen. And her jumps are great too. Honda has better everything in terms of PCS - skating skills, performance, interpretation, choreography, especially in this particular case. The difference in PCS between her and Zagitova could have been even larger. As for jumps, I did not see any underrotation, and I don't think there was. Slightly less heigth in jumps compared to someone else does not mean that they are automatically underrotated (especially when the jumps are far from Myahara's level of tiny).

Last edited:

tikse

Rinkside
Sorry to everyone here for speaking about this in a Zagitova fan thread, but I feel I have to reply. The thing is, while Japanese junior ladies are pushed somewhat (their amazing talent definitely helps), Zagitova is also definitely pushed. Her PCS for that level of performance show it. Not that she is bad, but her performance and interpretation mostly still feel just learned move by move, not felt (at least in my opinion). And this time her performance in the SP seemed even tighter and more concentrated on elements than at other competitions. Admittedly, her jumps were great this time, but her not so ideal technique (the lean forward) was showing at other competitions and she still got very high GOE for those jumps. Definitely not disliking Zagitova, just trying to be objective in the sense that the Japanese girls are not the only ones who are pushed.
May be, just may be, Alina's jump technique is not ideal. Still it's far better than f.e. Marin's.
Alina's high GOEs are fully justified. Her jump entries and exits are difficult. Rippon 3Lz and 3Lo. Beautiful exit from the 2A into the spiral all on one foot with immediate entry into the layback spin. Jump-wise she has no peers in the current junior field.

Besides, while, in the case of Shiraiwa, an underrotation or two were disregarded, I think both Honda and Sakamoto deserved their scores. Both have better skills and performance than Zagitova. Yes, Sakamoto is not sophisticated and her posture is not good, but her joy and energy could be felt and seen. And her jumps are great too. Honda has better everything in terms of PCS - skating skills, performance, interpretation, choreography, especially in this particular case. The difference in PCS between her and Zagitova could have been even larger. As for jumps, I did not see any underrotation, and I don't think there was. Slightly less heigth in jumps compared to someone else does not mean that they are automatically underrotated (especially when the jumps are far from Myahara's level of tiny).
IMO Honda does not have better everything in PCS. She may have an edge in PE and IN but Alina definitely has advantage in SS and TR. Marin spends too much time on two feet in her SP. And I can't say her edgework is better than Alina's.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Sorry to everyone here for speaking about this in a Zagitova fan thread, but I feel I have to reply.

No, you actually don't have to reply. This is a FanFest. You have all the other threads to talk about Zagi to your heart's content. Here, people should have one single space to get away from the bs that is the Edge and competition threads especially because there is a special case of viciousness when it comes to the Russian girls, even here on GS, never mind on YT etc.

So go gush about the Japanese and how they are better than Zagi somewhere else.

Last edited:

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Realistically, if she is by far the best then she will win but if she is not clearly the best then she isn't going to win because that is when the hard pushing for the japanese come to play.

Zagi needs to be clean. She's skating after Marin, which depending how you look at it, can be both a bonus and a negative but personally at least, I feel like this is a good thing as by then, she will know where she is at. Eteri's girls are tough. And the Russian Federation is bigger than JSF so as long as Zagi goes clean, as Russian #1 here, she should be just fine. It's all on her and even if silver, if she did her best, it is still a great achievement.
Tough situation for someone so young and not to jinx her, but she seems to be made of sterner stuff! There'll be many more bigger battles in front of her, especially next season and in those to come, this is good practice.

Now what I am hoping to see from her is some improvement in holding positions! You can do it Zagi!

Last edited: