Alina Zagitova | Page 891 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

lusk8

Record Breaker
I agree!!!

She had a chance to pick first and guy from RusFed who was interviewed in link posted on the Edge mentioned that they do try to honor requests as much as possible. So great picks, that pink star from GP France is one of her most prized possessions (it was always around in videos of her home) and Japan, she loves Japan.

Great timing between the two events also.

egoshina

On the Ice
I think Alina got really good assignments! Yea there is Rika in Japan, but she loves Japan so I guess they put Evgenia into Russia, because Alina was there last year and Alina to Japan where is here "second home". Also seems to me like if RusFed for once give Alina a favor and put her with Alena so she will not be under enorm pressue to trying quads since the begining of the season? And give her time? What do you think guys?

Yes, I agree that assignments are done so that there's as little pressure on Alina as possible. Go girl! :)

Maju

On the Ice
So happy for Alina!! I think she got the best assignments possible given the circumstances. She gets to go to one of her favourite places, Japan!! Udachi Alina :)

paji15

On the Ice
So happy for Alina!! I think she got the best assignments possible given the circumstances. She gets to go to one of her favourite places, Japan!! Udachi Alina :)

I think she even like that plastic thing from France. Paris is beautiful and she skated there a few times already and is doing well there. :luv17:

esteticlove

Final Flight
Yeah, at NHK there's Rika. And Rika beat Alina at the last GPF. But Alina beat Rika at Worlds. So anyhting is possible at that competition. :D But also, she'll have enough time to prepare for it and most probably a gold from France will do good on her confidence. In comparison to the other GPs, hers seem to be lighter but this adds pressure on her because people expect her to win. I really hope that she's happy with her choices and wish her a well start in the new season!

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
In France Alina made her international debut (in JGP, and it was fantastic) and there will be Kaori again :laugh:
Japan - I was sure she will choose it :p

Noreg16

On the Ice
I think Alina got really good assignments! Yea there is Rika in Japan, but she loves Japan so I guess they put Evgenia into Russia, because Alina was there last year and Alina to Japan where is here "second home". Also seems to me like if RusFed for once give Alina a favor and put her with Alena so she will not be under enorm pressue to trying quads since the begining of the season? And give her time? What do you think guys?

I think you dont understand that most important skaters for rusfed get Russia cup, and Alina earned that right by winning worlds. Getting Rika as 2nd event is TERRIBLE because it’s close to GPF and Rika will be in a good shape, plus Alina is getting too upset over losing and again its right before GPF. I was sure Ruscup and france will go to Alina, silly me

Noreg16

On the Ice
Lol what? You are aware Alina got to choose her GP events precisely because she won Worlds? She loves Japan. Probably wanted to compete there very much. And Skate Canada is a bloodbath. Alena doesn‘t even have 3A yet. She never meets Sasha. Her events are fine, probably the best she could have got. She‘ll have to be consistent and focused like literally anybody else. But she can do it. She was not ignored or sacrificed at all, on the contrary.
Lol how naive, it wasn’t Alina who chose her events...are u serious? She doesn’t decide anything. I only agree that getting Alena is not as bad as Sasha, but Alena already has highest pcs and IF she has two 3As as they say, its a terrible assignment for Alina, and you really believe Alina decided to meet Kihira with 3 3A and a quad right before gpf?

esteticlove

Final Flight
Lol how naive, it wasn’t Alina who chose her events...are u serious? She doesn’t decide anything. I only agree that getting Alena is not as bad as Sasha, but Alena already has highest pcs and IF she has two 3As as they say, its a terrible assignment for Alina, and you really believe Alina decided to meet Kihira with 3 3A and a quad right before gpf?

I don't see how Alena will have TWO 3As. I just don't. Her 2A is huge and gets high GOEs but she has troubles with updating her TES. I think even the probability for Alina getting a 4F is higher.

I think you are exaggerating a little bit too much. Alina is definitely not the one with the toughest field. You're asuming that Rika will be in top form, why not Alina too? She'll have enough time to prepare from her first GP. Just look at Skate America - 4Lutz will fight agains 4Salchow against 2/3x3As. I think that's tough.

And Alina doesn't need the proping from Rostelecom. She also gets high PCS in Japan.

Finley

Record Breaker
Japan brings Alina happiness. If she chose it herself, I can see why. I think she chose as well as she could. If someone chose it for her, I can't imagine that she is unhappy with the choice. It certainly isn't the worst she could have ended up with. She is going to have to face Rika again at some point. Might as well do it head on in the place she feels confident and happy.

I will still be a nervous wreck when the time comes, but it is what it is.

Fluture

Record Breaker

Well, I‘m sure RusFed, Eteri and her made the choice together but they wouldn‘t ignore the wishes of their World Champ and her coach altogether. That would be foolish. And why is it so hard to accept that Alina loves Japan and would choose to compete there? She felt confident there at Worlds this year and she faced Kihira too and beat her! Why shouldn‘t she do that again? Rika had troubles landing her 3As this season, with a quad it will be even more risky.

And about Alena having two 3As. The girl was recently injured, she needed time to recover and she‘s growing. It‘s more likely Alina will land a quad by that time. And in no way does Alena have higher PCS than Alina already. They never even competed against each other internationally, there‘s no way to know that. I think you‘re exaggerating. Alina got very, very good GP assignments and I bet she‘s happy. If she is focused and determined she can easily make the GP and is in the fight for the Gold at both her events.

paji15

On the Ice
I think you dont understand that most important skaters for rusfed get Russia cup, and Alina earned that right by winning worlds. Getting Rika as 2nd event is TERRIBLE because it’s close to GPF and Rika will be in a good shape, plus Alina is getting too upset over losing and again its right before GPF. I was sure Ruscup and france will go to Alina, silly me

Well. She maybe didn't get Rostelecom because they wants to see their little quad monster there (without no offence, Sasha is amazing), but putting her with Alena was definitelly good pick for her. Alena jumped 3A some time ago but since then didn't get it back, when Daniil said all girls are training it in harmness, she was injured. She is definitelly in training for it but I'm not so sure she will be able to add two as it wasn't good enough whole last season to even add it into program. If they both will be clean then Alina will get at least slightly higher PCS just bc of her name. (Also I don't see her being worse, Alena is good but definitelly not beating her and she improving as well, her Carmen in FaOI was artistically much much better again! Those shows helped her tons!) Sasha don't need PCS when she is able to put multiple quads into free program and If Anna lands 4Lz then it's huge. So yes, still think it's good for Alina. Also there are definitelly harder GPs than Japan, where she feels safe and love to skate there as bonus. And she learn how to lose already. She lost GPF, Nats, ECH and then won Worlds.

And btw - I don't think it's necesarry to be offensive there like "lol how naive ..are you serious?"... :)

taylor1

On the Ice

This is a fan site for Alina... complain somewhere else please

Noreg16

On the Ice
Well. She maybe didn't get Rostelecom because they wants to see their little quad monster there (without no offence, Sasha is amazing), but putting her with Alena was definitelly good pick for her. Alena jumped 3A some time ago but since then didn't get it back, when Daniil said all girls are training it in harmness, she was injured. She is definitelly in training for it but I'm not so sure she will be able to add two as it wasn't good enough whole last season to even add it into program. If they both will be clean then Alina will get at least slightly higher PCS just bc of her name. (Also I don't see her being worse, Alena is good but definitelly not beating her and she improving as well, her Carmen in FaOI was artistically much much better again! Those shows helped her tons!) Sasha don't need PCS when she is able to put multiple quads into free program and If Anna lands 4Lz then it's huge. So yes, still think it's good for Alina. Also there are definitelly harder GPs than Japan, where she feels safe and love to skate there as bonus. And she learn how to lose already. She lost GPF, Nats, ECH and then won Worlds.

And btw - I don't think it's necesarry to be offensive there like "lol how naive ..are you serious?"... :)
Sorry didn’t mean to be rude or offend anyone i just usually talk this way, sorry again. and guys, russian figure skating is very different from other countries, skaters are sponsored and pay back and any decisions about them are made by rusfed. Alina has no say, she really wanted to visit USA, here was the chance, did she choose to go? She is gonna spend whole summer in Japan anyway...

paji15

On the Ice
Sorry didn’t mean to be rude or offend anyone i just usually talk this way, sorry again. and guys, russian figure skating is very different from other countries, skaters are sponsored and pay back and any decisions about them are made by rusfed. Alina has no say, she really wanted to visit USA, here was the chance, did she choose to go? She is gonna spend whole summer in Japan anyway...

I know she is not picking her starts but it's Eteri together with RusFed. But to be honest, even if you didn't count Rus ladies, SA has for me stronger field - Kaori, Lilbet, and maybe even Ensuoo compared to Rika, Ensuoo in Japan. Those are girls who can beat her when they will be cleen and Alina not. (Hopefully she will, but theoretically) Also she struggled in Canada with time changes and US is similar. So I think it's not that bad. Skating before home crowd is also add pressure to win. I also think 3rd Russian lady being Maria and Sofia is also not bad. To me it seems like Rusfed pick go with both Sasha and Alina the most. And placing Sasha into Moscow when she is in Evgenia is not weird, combined it seems more atractive than Alina and Alena. And once again, Alina loves Japan. It calms her there. On the other hand Rika will be there under enorm pressure - home crowd + she lost on home ice to her in their last enounter there. So let's be possitive and trust her. :)

Also Idk if you knows it but Evgenia has bigger chest and bottom area (as you call it :D) than Alina and attept 4S at Japan and land on both feet. Her body is fine and her legs are strong enough. She has good shot to do it.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
They posted Alena’s 3A several times, what do you mean there is more chance Alina doing 4f?

This is the only Aliona's 3A recorded on the ice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caGO6a9m4j0

It's more than a year. I really wish her to get her 3A back, she is ma favourite right after Alina, but for now there is nothing like "she will have two 3As". Also, Rika, "the lady with three 3As, the one who is jumping so much 3As during warm ups to break Alina's confidence..." We have seen that, 13 points margin for Alina.

My conclusion is this - either Alina's strength and confidence in herself is as weak as you say and than it makes no difference when she will skate, or you are completely wrong and Alina proves why she is the queen again no matter who her competitors are. With all my congenial modesty, I presume the second variant :biggrin:

lusk8

Record Breaker
This is Alina's fanfest and people are allowed to shower her with love without having to defend themselves for doing so and are also allowed to make constructive criticisms to her.

That said: we really don't know who picked Alina's GPs, why is it so hard to imagine that she would pick them herself. Like really. Why? Unless someone here was in the room where all Feds met up, or at RusFeds internal meetings before that, we just don't know.

People can assume both ways (she picked, she didn't pick) as a statement of their opinion and both opinions should stand unchallenged. We don't need to argue and convince about something that can't be verified (and thus decided upon for good).

Either way, it's irrelevant, the cake is cooked and this is the flavor it is. Nothing will make it go back to being, flour, milk and eggs.

Alina got assignments I can imagine her being truly happy with, both places hold special meaning for her and she wasn't in France last season. Wasn't at NHK either (this one she's never actually been to). I

In a perfect paradise every single skater, for their fans, would have a straight path to the Final, to WC, to EC or 4CC (depending on where they skate), meeting only skaters from Szeruba (my fake example country), and no one of real consequence until the final event was upon them. But that's not life and the field is packed. It always is packed.

That's the true meaning of a competition, Alina will face it with grit, grace and determination. She is the Champion of Everything, with nothing left to prove to anyone, skating to develop her talents, enjoy herself, get even better than she already is and give all of us the prize of watching her amazingly perfect magic come to the ice for another competitive season.

The gods who love skating are smiling right now, our champion is about to take the ice, she will bring it, she will enchant us with it and she will win because to me there is no better skater in the whole wide world.

To another season of awesome of folks. Cheers!

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Alina had an interview for the first channel today, so I guess she was in Moscow today?

Yes, she was. She was invited to the 'Direct Line with the President' in one of the TV studios. From Alina's insta:
Today I took part in the live broadcast with the Russian President Vladimir V. Putin. Over 4 hours of questions and answers

And it seems I was right when I wrote this:
What I was talking about was that she doesn't need to be dragged into any political shows, that's all. Leave that to Tarasova and other Russian skating functionaries-celebrities.

Alina got too many hateful messages on her page (hate aimed at Putin and transferred on to her) that she deleted the photo (good that teamzagitova saved it in time)