Alina Zagitova | Page 964 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
So when we commemorate that day, this is the interview with Alina's father and sister after Alina's performance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoKgiU7nDfU

Fun moment @3:57 - Ilnaz says they have sort of "election silence" during the competitions, and that they talked over the phone before the SP only; and then mentions that Alina sent him an SMS, admonishing him and his hockey team for loosing a game:"Give them a talking-to!" Baby Boss at work :biggrin:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Alina is posting unusually often those days :)

And she is wearing some Puma leggings. I wonder wether this sponsorship by Puma demands Alina needs to wear Puma gear, jackets, trunks, sports tops with the mark clearly visible at all times, or is allowed a more casual display of the mark?

What I wondered about in another thread on skating apparel is why no company has contracted any of those commercially attractive skaters for promoting to a young audience skate totes, cabin bags, carry-alls and general skating wear with the name of the skater and her pet in stylised pictures? In Russia there must certainly be a market for this kind of stuff with all those young girls trying to be just like Alina, Sasha etc. etc.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
And she is wearing some Puma leggings. I wonder wether this sponsorship by Puma demands Alina needs to wear Puma gear, jackets, trunks, sports tops with the mark clearly visible at all times, or is allowed a more casual display of the mark?

What I wondered about in another thread on skating apparel is why no company has contracted any of those commercially attractive skaters for promoting to a young audience skate totes, cabin bags, carry-alls and general skating wear with the name of the skater and her pet in stylised pictures? In Russia there must certainly be a market for this kind of stuff with all those young girls trying to be just like Alina, Sasha etc. etc.

I think she has an exclusive contract, so most probably yes.
She’s the Face of the brand in Russia, she’s on all of the outdoor marketing communications and campaigns, so clearly it’s a very strong partnership.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I think she has an exclusive contract, so most probably yes.
She’s the Face of the brand in Russia, she’s on all of the outdoor marketing communications and campaigns, so clearly it’s a very strong partnership.

Which makes me wonder, are Zagitova's, Trusova's names, images, pets (!), signature elements, etc. in all their derivates even copyrighted or trademarked by Sambo-70 or FFKKR? Otherwise some smart-*ss foreign outfit can just start producing and selling stuff with their names, images and so forth without the person getting a single ruble?

Soccer players, baseball players, basketball players, tennis players, F1 pilots, Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps, Tiger Woods, are heavily copyrighted and trademarked, and actively sue any person/company trying to take advantage?

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
True.

what you say is true that both girls did great at the Olympics. I also believe that the coach wanted Evgenia to win the Olympic gold and her actions at the Olympics was proof of that to me. But it's old news now and everyone has moved on.

That is the surprise to me Edwin that Sabina has not started with Roznovs novice group yet. Girls much younger than Sabina are already there. But whatever happens I hope she's happy with her skating. But it can't be easy when you're a big sister is already a GOAT. On the other hand life in Kazan is probably very nice. Maybe there is no need for the parents to send the younger daughter off the train with somebody in another city.

That’s why I said I don’t agree with the fact that Eteri wanted Zhenia to win the Olympic. She gave both girls the opportunity to win without favoritism if not she wouldn’t ask Alina to jump in the second part to maximize points, it’s an ancient story now but Eteri treats her girls the same.

skatergurl7

On the Ice
Since we discussed Don Quixote and her family's reactions, we can't forget about Alina's Black Swan!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0TJm0Cq4QRQ

This program is still one of my favorite short programs ever. Daniil and Eteri did such a good job with the music and choreography and Alina performed it perfectly. :luv17:

I didn’t even notice until this year that she changes the sequins on the dress at the end! such a good detailed moment, that’s the right way to do a slight costume change