Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Aljona Savchenko & Bruno Massot

musicfan80

Medalist
Aliona Savchenko & Bruno Massot - Germany - WAIT...WHAT!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JisbBP-EG3A

Oh, this was cute! I love how it shows Aliona and Bruno's genuine chemistry and friendship with each other.

Isn't just me thinking that Bruno resembles Irish actor, Jonathan Rhys Meyers a bit?

I think Bruno looks A LOT better. I'm not sure if I am describing this correctly, but Jonathan Rhys Meyers has always looked a bit spaced out to me. Bruno's face, besides being handsome, looks "normal" when he talks.

I'm sure this has been answered before, but has Bruno gotten his German citizenship yet? If not, if will he have enough time to get it by the 2018 Olympics? I'm assuming he will have dual citizenship with France.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Not yet but I think it moves much faster than the required delay. Heard that in an interview given by Bruno. Let's cross our fingers.

Marta25

Medalist
Stefano Caruso teamed up with Tanja Kolbe in the 2010/2011 season and received his German citizenship in September 2013. If we consider that they trained mainly in Italy and not in Germany like Aljona and Bruno, it went pretty fast. In one of the articles published after their Worlds Bronze it was mentioned that Bruno is taking German classes to pass the needed language test, so it seems like they are already working on it.

musicfan80

Medalist
I'm not sure, but it looks as if somebody is trying to get used to doing 4 rotations. What do you think?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIKYhXCjSG2/?taken-by=aljonasavchenko

I think, at a minimum, it's great if for no other reason than for her to really triple throws down. Which is really important given that Aliona and Bruno are still a somewhat new team. I would love to see what exercises the male pairs skaters do to train to be steady for the throws and lifts.

musicfan80

Medalist
I think by the 2018 Olympics, if not definitely in the next quad - it will be standard to have a quad throw and/or quad twist in order to crack the top six at Worlds/Olympics.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Aliona and Bruno have been working this weekend with John Kerr! Not sure what program Kerr he is helping them with, but it looks like it will be cool to watch. I'm excited! :biggrin:

Aliona's Instagram Post #1
Aliona's Instagram Post #2
Aliona's Instagram Post #3

That's their new SP for this season first revealed at All That Skate, Yuna's ice show in S.Korea. I thought some of choreographic moves are like ice dance's finstep, and if the program was created by John Kerr, that's an intriguing factor. :)

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Nice that Aliona and Bruno have the "support" of Karisma Sportswear :cool:.

That said, I'm not going to get overly excited by this news.
IIRC, I have come across quite a few other skaters who have thanked and/or mentioned Karisma, so I do wonder whether the "support" consists of anything more than free clothing and promotional posts on Karisma's social media??

It is great that Karisma is supporting/promoting skaters (to whatever extent that it does), so I don't mean to sound negative.
Just realistic. But every little bit helps. If Karisma products contribute to skaters looking good and thus feeling good, it's a win-win all around.

And if I am mistaken, and Karisma is giving skaters monetary support as well, then all the better.

I haven't posted in Aliona's wedding thread, so will take this opportunity to give the bride and groom my best wishes :).

And I wish Aliona and Bruno a good season.