All event tickets will be shipped soon. | Golden Skate

All event tickets will be shipped soon.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I called the Sprint center and all event ticket packages should begin shipping around the 15th.

Last edited:

sk8dc

On the Ice
Received all-event email tickets today - but no practice pass?? Does anyone know how that will be handled?

sk8dc

On the Ice
Received all-event email tickets today - but no practice pass?? Does anyone know how that will be handled?

Got a message via Facebook on the Practice Pass issue:
2017 Prudential US Figure Skating Championships 1:25pm Dec 16
I'm sorry about that - I am working with Sprint Center to resolve this issue. I will have an update for you shortly. When you receive your practice pass, that will grant you access to all practices at both venues - as well as any competitions at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

ALL-SESSION TICKETS & PRACTICE PASSES: All-session tickets purchased by December 15th will be received by January 1, 2017. In addition, for each all session ticket purchased, a practice pass will be sent separately by mail. A schedule of practice sessions for both competition venues (Sprint Center and Silverstein Eye Center) will be available at www.2017usfigureskatingchampionships.com. All junior and senior level competitions are scheduled to be held at Sprint Center in Downtown Kansas City. Competitions for juvenile, intermediate and novice events will be held at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena in nearby Independence, Missouri. The practice pass you receive will be your ticket to gain admittance to ALL events held at Silverstein Eye Center (practices and competition sessions).

I am jealous. My post office doesnt seem to understand the concept of getting the right mail in the right PO box. Now I have to sweat out the tickets and practice pass. :(

Last edited:

b-man

Final Flight
All event tickets received a couple days before Christmas. Practice pass arrived separately, as promised, today. All is well.

sk8dc

On the Ice
All event tickets received a couple days before Christmas. Practice pass arrived separately, as promised, today. All is well.

I have not received the practice pass yet. Impatiently waiting.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I have not received the practice pass yet. Impatiently waiting.

Me too. Why one would ever make an effort to NOT just include a practice pass with the main ticket package is beyond me.
And of course, if the USPS makes one of their classic mistakes and mis-delivers the pass, imagine calling up the box office and letting them know...
They will suspect you just want a free one.
I would pay extra to be able to make sure I had to sign for my tickets....
I asked my post office what would happen if they put tickets in the wrong box and they said without tracking and insurance, I would be out of luck....not their problem

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I'm mighty relieved - my all event tickets came yesterday!! I was told by Sprint Box Office that they were mailed on 12/22 and I really thought they were lost.

Thank goodness my practice pass is included in the envelope.

sk8dc

On the Ice
Finally got my practice and Silverstein pass.

Too bad I can't get to Silverstein. Essentially, that is false advertising on the part of USFSA and LOC as I have always been able to use shuttles before.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Question: I just bought seats for the Pairs/Dance Free's and I was confused by the way they were selling them.

Ticket 1: US Champ Pairs Free Skate Groups 1-3 & Free Dance Groups 1-2
Ticket 2: US Champ Pairs Free Skate Groups 4-5 & Free Dance Groups 3

I got them in different sections, so do they make you change seats inbetween groups? :scratch2: I've never attended US Nat's before so this is really odd to me.

sk8dc

On the Ice
Question: I just bought seats for the Pairs/Dance Free's and I was confused by the way they were selling them.

Ticket 1: US Champ Pairs Free Skate Groups 1-3 & Free Dance Groups 1-2
Ticket 2: US Champ Pairs Free Skate Groups 4-5 & Free Dance Groups 3

I got them in different sections, so do they make you change seats in between groups? :scratch2: I've never attended US Nat's before so this is really odd to me.

You may thank TV for this. Ticket 2 is usually broadcast live.
But they don't want to broadcast the lower half of the couples. So Ticket 1 is early in the morning (9:30 am)
You will have to leave after Ticket 1, and return for Ticket 2. Hopefully that is a good lunch break time.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
You may thank TV for this. Ticket 2 is usually broadcast live.
But they don't want to broadcast the lower half of the couples. So Ticket 1 is early in the morning (9:30 am)
You will have to leave after Ticket 1, and return for Ticket 2. Hopefully that is a good lunch break time.

Ohhh okay, thanks! I didn't get the chance to take a good look at the time schedule yet. Can't imagine what that must be like for the skaters. :giveup:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For those of us who did not order paper tickets through the mail, I got an email from Matt Hill who said that they would be available for download/print 30 days prior to the start of the event, which would be around November 29th of this year.

They will send us an email alerting us to the fact.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
For those of us who did not order paper tickets through the mail, I got an email from Matt Hill who said that they would be available for download/print 30 days prior to the start of the event, which would be around November 29th of this year.

They will send us an email alerting us to the fact.

I think Matt is a good guy. He will be at KC if anyone wants to talk with him. I warned him he might receive flak intended for the USFS...got my practice pass today....
(Matt says he knows nothing and that USFS plays the tune and they dance. As I said in another post, I really dont know what HE knows....so I am giving him the benefit of the doubt here. But I will say this. An event doesnt come together at the last minute.
There is lots of careful planning for an event of this size, and that includes the bidding process....some folks somewhere had an idea on how this KC event and the San Jose event would go down way in advance. For once thing, you need commitments from the primary and secondary venues for certain time periods even to place a bid.....)

Aloha

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Finally got my practice and Silverstein pass.

Too bad I can't get to Silverstein. Essentially, that is false advertising on the part of USFSA and LOC as I have always been able to use shuttles before.

There is a day or two I wish they had hired shuttle buses. Yes, if you dig deep enough, there is public transportation you could use but with the "new" format of combining
junior nats with senior nats, and the fact that the secondary venue also has a sheet of practice ice, we are going to see precious little of the seniors practicing in the main arena at KC.
Makes me wonder how much practice we shall see at San Jose in the main arena.

Anyway, it is what it is. My big beef is not being kept in the loop by the USFS. Yes, skating has fallen off a cliff in popularity here. Yes, expenses are high. Yes, not many people go to the junior short programs...Just tell us the truth and let us make decisions on how to vote with our dollars.
I think it very odd that at San Jose, we were "forced" to purchase gala tickets and then suddenly the event became one day longer and the gala was moved to Monday night. Was it planned that way?
Will The gala skaters have to cool their heels for another day? Just how many events in San Jose at the main arena will they be cramming into how many days???? There are 8 senior events and 4 junior events in the main arena plus I would hope they let the skaters all have at least ONE practice session in the main arena. I guess we shall see what we get. In truth, I dont know how much Matt knows about how all this went down. But he will be at KC. We can ask him about how to get to the cold rink with hard seats and hockey shields....;)

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Have you seen the commercial of the summo wrestler figure skating? Family members asked if that was realistic. I told them NO, USFS would never draw that big a crowd.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Have you seen the commercial of the summo wrestler figure skating? Family members asked if that was realistic. I told them NO, USFS would never draw that big a crowd.

I thought about posting that here...it reminded me of those two Russian acrobats that skate at their shows.....
(and yes, you are right....it is the crowd size that would be unrealistic....)