Alysa Liu announces Comeback | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Alysa Liu announces Comeback

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This is really exciting for US skating. Women's skating is where he money has been made (sorry Nathan).
To be fair, I know very little about him but I doubt that Nathan Chen ever expected or promised to be the one to Make US Skating Great Or Popular Again. That was officialdom. Why it is that Japan and Korea (and China by proxy) can properly celebrate their top men and NA can't is... well, sad, yes.

How exciting. Defending world silver medallist and teen sensation Isabeau. Comeback much hyped now a women Alyssa. Another comeback from constant injury in Bradie Tennell. Triple Axel Queen Amber. and the complete skater Ziegler.
Let's be just a little kinder this time around and hold off on the great expectations, shall we? That's what did Alysa the first time. I'm just glad there are the two of them to share the hype (along with Malinin) and to maybe, just maybe, create a decent rivalry narrative and star quality. And hope that Alysa achieves what she wants this time and doesn't regret leaving when she did or returning now.

Canada sadly has nothing, absolutely nothing in ladies).
Canada is less dismissive of their men, remember - alas, they don't have any of them in the top tier either, but at least being open to all gives more opportunities for stars to be made.

If Liu skates to a similar level as before, I think she will surely be number one in the US. In fact, quite easily.
That shiny silver medal (one up on Alysa in 2022?) around Isabeau's neck may actually bring her more reputational points than you might assume.

Last edited: