Anastasia Tarakanova | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Tarakanova

Gg Gg

On the Ice
I was thinking what it means... :laugh: Anyway, I hope Nastya will get enough points to be able to get the second GP assignment (she's currently not assigned but there can still a be hope I guess)... :cheer:

the last JGP erevan will be for vasilieva and kanisheva, I do not understand what they are thinking about the Russian skating federation, it is not right

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Well, the SP was certainly not her best. I really hope that she's going to be able to have a good free skate, otherwise the chances are that she's not going to get a second JGP event. She probably needs to be able to beat Anna Tarusina's score at the very least. The FS should suit her personality better so hopefully she can have an incredible performance.
Anastasia TARAKANOVA - NEW SP, ISU JGP, Richmond 2018 [Audio normalized]
https://youtu.be/6RSsJCn-rTc
Why do you have to first steal a perfectly functional video from the official platform and then proceed to advertize it here instead of a link to the official channel?

SkySkater

On the Ice
Anastasia TARAKANOVA - NEW SP, ISU JGP, Richmond 2018 [Audio normalized]
https://youtu.be/6RSsJCn-rTc

I actually really like this program. It’s very different to both her programs last year and along with her recent growth spurts and greater control of her upper body really presents her as being an older more mature skater though there are momenta when you can tell her arms have grown and she’s still not in complete control of them. Her triple flip has a big improvement in my opinion and her double axel is as lovely as ever she just had that small error on her lutz which prevented her from getting the triple toe on but at least she was able to get a double toe and save that combo. Her speed is so refreshing and I forgot how powerful she can be when she is skating. Just have to hope that she’s able to skate her free clean because if so she’ll have a good chance of securing a second jgp spot.

LRK

Record Breaker
I also really enjoyed the program. Ted noted lack of expression in her face, but as I can't really see faces that well (bad eyesight), it's obviously not something that affects me, and I felt that her body was quite expressive and performing the program very well. Of course I realise that the timeline for juniors is different and that they have to be ready earlier in the season - especially in such a crowded field as junior Russian ladies, where they have to essentially ace it, or they won't even get another JGP assignment. Otherwise I would have said that it was early season, and that this program had promise to grow into something really special with more mileage on it.

Anyway, good luck to Nastya in the free, which I'm really looking forward to.

carmening

Spectator
I thought that Nastya might not have had the best performance today with doubling the toe, but I really liked seeing her back and performing in competition again. I don't think the tango style really suited her, although her sp from last season was so unbelievably good that it's a hard comparison to make. I think Believer tomorrow will fit her a lot better. Hoping her stamina has improved since test skates (and that they've added some more choreography). Good luck Nastya!

Ded Moroz

LADIES QUAD CLUB
On the Ice
Country
United-Nations
Why do you have to first steal a perfectly functional video from the official platform and then proceed to advertize it here instead of a link to the official channel?

because the audio is normalized. :biggrin:

often he's the only one that provides a link within a thread, and i appreciate the convenience. though it does take a view away from the isu channel.

i like the bosst videos where the jumps are slowed down and labeled.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Azikin

Medalist
The good thing is that Nastya is close to Anna, so she can be motivated to fight for the first place. Hopefully she will get a good score to be considered for the second assignment.. Looking forward to her new FP program.. :pray::cheer2::pray:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Overally it wasn't bad program at all, but in comparison with her last season's SP Experience it is a step back IMO. I can be wrong, of course, more polished it could still be strong.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Overally it wasn't bad program at all, but in comparison with her last season's SP Experience it is a step back IMO. I can be wrong, of course, more polished it could still be strong.

Totally agree with you. :agree: Maybe when she will be more accustomed to it, the program will look different. She did good, after all the stuff that happened during the last few months, and she totally has the potential to be way better.

I am looking forward to her LP, from the first moment I've heard her music choice I've said "yes, this is great for Nastya". Go Nastya, get that second assignement :biggrin:

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
often he's the only one that provides a link within a thread

Only because he's the first to do it (because his profits depend on it). But his videos are of a lower quality because of re-encoding, he adds his logo (often replacing the original one) and messes up in other ways. He took the latest Trusova's FS from the stream, with severely desynchronised audio, while the official channel has this problem fixed in its video. By the way, by that time I too had prepared a synchronized version (and even learned how to shift audio without re-encoding video or audio), but abandoned it after I saw the official version.

I think his links should be considered commercial in regard to the forum rules.

P.S. He also posts everything in bold, which is also uncool.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Congrats Anastasia!!

I'm sad to see Believer MIA (perhaps she'll do it for Exhibition?), but Rock Moonlight Sonata was pretty epic and her dress was gorgeous!

I was very impressed with her jumps and spins and everything! I hope she can get a second JGP but it's hard to know with so much competition in Russia.

Hope Plushy was watching from China :) (I guess even he couldn't deal with the jet lag a trip to Canada then onto China would cause :laugh:)

LRK

Record Breaker
I just watched her free, and was so shocked when it turned out not to be Imagine Dragons, which I had looked forward to so much. I wonder what happened - did the fed nix it at the test skates? It was a very atypical choice for a female skater, but I was sure she could be awesome doing it. Oh, well…

Howsoever, I did like her new free (after I'd got over what it wasn't;)), and she sold the heck out of the end of it. Also, she looked lovely in that dress.:)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can’t wait to catch up...and watch her performance :hap93: