Anastasia Zinina | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Zinina

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm utterly appalled at her score. It was a joke, a sick, nasty joke.

How dare the Russian Figure Skating Federation in their blind quest to tear Plushy to pieces and make him an utter joke break this beautiful, wonderful skater's heart.

I hope Nastya gets angry, I hope she gets really angry and lands both her quads tonight.

Then I DARE the judges to pull this BS again.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I'm utterly appalled at her score. It was a joke, a sick, nasty joke.

How dare the Russian Figure Skating Federation in their blind quest to tear Plushy to pieces and make him an utter joke break this beautiful, wonderful skater's heart.

I hope Nastya gets angry, I hope she gets really angry and lands both her quads tonight.

Then I DARE the judges to pull this BS again.
I predicted the babies would have their scores held down. Too bad what happened in the free skate today but Nastya is such a beautiful skater and there's a lot to work with. This is just the beginning for her and plushys Sonya too.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I predicted the babies would have their scores held down. Too bad what happened in the free skate today but Nastya is such a beautiful skater and there's a lot to work with. This is just the beginning for her and plushys Sonya too.
It hurts so much, they set her up to fail.

I could even watch the whole dreadful thing.

The rest of the season will no doubt be a disaster and we'll see her looking for a new coach soon.

Bravo Russian Fed, bra-effing-o.

Scott512

Record Breaker
It hurts so much, they set her up to fail.

I could even watch the whole dreadful thing.

The rest of the season will no doubt be a disaster and we'll see her looking for a new coach soon.

Bravo Russian Fed, bra-effing-o.
What would you scord her in the SP? 75ish?
It was too low and I think most of us knew some of the girls were going to be held down a little bit or more. I personally think it's the wrong thing to do because you're stunting their growth then you're gonna make them try too hard or put too much pressure on themselves in the free skate.

But it's the Olympic season which is why they held by the EG Sofia out. It would not look good if Akatieva beat sasha and Anna which was very possible.

Nastya has junior Russian nationals it will be a massive competition. Plushy will have 3 golden girls there.

maybe take a quad away from nastia at this point? Her skating is so beautiful for 14 and its hard to believe. I think I've only seen that in 1 other 14 year old before and that was also an Anastasia. :)

We have to look at what Anna has done and Nastia is built like her. Anna just won worlds in March without an ultra jump. She does a lot of 3 - 3s and gets huge PCS. Nastya can too.

PCS are frustrating. PCS for NZ in a couple years should be huge. Maybe even next season.

Nastya is in a good spot. She should just keep improving. her gifts for figure skating are wonderful and let them develop. I hope she takes some positives out of her 1st senior Russian nationals.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
We have to look at what Anna has done and Nastia is built like her. Anna just won worlds in March without an ultra jump. She does a lot of 3 - 3s and gets huge PCS. Nastya can too.
I suppose.

But it won't be with Plushy.

It will never be with Plushy.

She'll go elsewhere...what other choice does she have. No way would she have been in 10th in SP if she was with another coach. No way would she have felt so much pressure to do 2 quads and ended up out of the top 10.

Nastya is smart, she should get out of the Academy while she can.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I suppose.

But it won't be with Plushy.

It will never be with Plushy.

She'll go elsewhere...what other choice does she have. No way would she have been in 10th in SP if she was with another coach. No way would she have felt so much pressure to do 2 quads and ended up out of the top 10.

Nastya is smart, she should get out of the Academy while she can.
She should have been higher than 10th without question but that was a super loaded field with many reputation girls in there.

What can they do? can her parents or team voice their displeasure privately with the Russian federation? Its amazing the top skaters for Rukavicin always get shafted with scores. And that is year after year after year men and women. But it's hard to break that cycle.

I don't think Nastya will be buried at junior Russian nationals like what happened in her SP at senior Russian nationals.

If not plushy where she going to go? EG cant handle more ladies. There are truly not enough coaches to go around at that club to handle all the girls and ladies they have. SA is probably upset no one pays attention to her anymore.
Petro Samo and Sonya M are closing the gap on her.

Look at the improvements in Sonya M. She's like a year older than NZ a year ahead of her figure skating wise the same thing can happen to Nastya. She is blossoming like a flower but it takes time especially since every time I see this girl it looks like her limbs are longer.

Russian nationals will be exciting and Nastya can do very well there partly because she won't have to deal with the reputation scores of Liza and Maya and Anna and Sasha and Kamila.

If NZ has the same super SP at junior Russian nationals that she had at senior Russian nationals in the short program she could be scored 6 to 10 points higher.

Remember this is the Olympic season the 14 year olds were always going to get squeezed at senior nationals.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh no...

I shouldn't even watch should I? 😔

Poor Nastya...I hope she can smile her wonderful smile again soon.

No, you should not.

I don't regret watching myself, but knowing you, it would make you absolutely miserable, and I see no point in that.

Scott512

Record Breaker
She's starting it off in season so promising and even made JGPF. What happened? A growth spurt?

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
She's starting it off in season so promising and even made JGPF. What happened? A growth spurt?
It seems so, on Insta someone mentioned that Plushy was trying to calm Nastya in the KnC by telling her this (he himself grew like 11cm between seasons, which I guess is easier than growing that much during the season). Unfortunately, according to the person on Insta, Nastya didn't seem calmed. She said she wants to only train combos and wants to work day and night to prevent such a skate from ever happening again.

I'm worried about her 😔

LRK

Record Breaker
It seems so, on Insta someone mentioned that Plushy was trying to calm Nastya in the KnC by telling her this (he himself grew like 11cm between seasons, which I guess is easier than growing that much during the season). Unfortunately, according to the person on Insta, Nastya didn't seem calmed. She said she wants to only train combos and wants to work day and night to prevent such a skate from ever happening again.

I'm worried about her 😔

She's a young teen girl - this feels like the end of the world to her, because she simply lacks the life experience to tell her that "this too will pass".

Give her a little time. Hopefully calmer counsel will prevail.

Scott512

Record Breaker

I'm worried about her 😔
If a growth spurt is the problem or part of the problem problem that's tough to deal with especially when you're trying to land quads. A growth spurt in the off season is a little easier.

But Nastyas short program at Russian nationals a month ago was so good. Then she had a rough free skate and 2 rough skates here at junior Russian nationals.

Although I do like what Nastya wants to do practice combo's only could be a big help for her getting her confidence back. Put the ultra jumps on the shelf for a while.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Although I do like what Nastya wants to do practice combo's only could be a big help for her getting her confidence back. Put the ultra jumps on the shelf for a while.
I think she meant Ultra jump combos, which is why I'm worried.

Maybe you're right though and she meant 3-3s.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I think she meant Ultra jump combos, which is why I'm worried.

Maybe you're right though and she meant 3-3s.
Let's simplify things for her the rest of the season and next season and look to add quads again when she's sixteen and more stable and fully grown.

I hope she meant 3 -3s. You can really rack up the points with those combos not like quads but they're also easier to do.

Nastya has hit a rough patch. She will come out of it.