Anastasia Zinina | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Zinina

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
As we head towards the Ladies FS here's Nastya's SP!

She's kicking butt and taking names!

So there last season's judges you were wrong about her all along. 😈

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Get well soon Anastasia. Unfortunately she got injured on a landing during her skate today and couldn’t finish her SP. Needed to be helped off the ice.

She ended up going to the hospital for tests.

Hopefully, there is no major damage and she can return to the ice quickly.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Nastya says she has to spend a week in a hospital, but her bones are OK (there is no fracture)

Scott512

Record Breaker
Nastya says she has to spend a week in a hospital, but her bones are OK (there is no fracture)

If Nastya has to spend a week in the hospital something is wrong. It's good there are apparently no fractures. But my God that was one of the worst falls I've ever seen and I just saw it for the 1st time.

We saw signs of improvement from Anastasia this season. Let's hope she can go up another level next season wherever she skates.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
If Nastya has to spend a week in the hospital something is wrong.

Zinina’s coach says Anastasia is released from hospital and is going to start training this week

Scott512

Record Breaker
Zinina’s coach says Anastasia is released from hospital and is going to start training this week

Very good news.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
2023/24 SP:

FS:

Upon rewatching the test skates, I think she deserves some love for her performances. Her short program is not bad at all, and I really really like her free skate. In both performances, it seems like she started off a bit underwhelming but ended up getting really strong as she kept going. I think both her programs are great and I'm a little saddened she seems to have gotten no attention. Very underappreciated skater and I think she is definitely a dark horse to look out for. I think its totally realistic for her to even end up being top 3 if things go right for her.

Still, what an unbelievably massive shame she split with Plushenko. She honestly has Muravieva potential, I think, and Plushenko could've kept brining it out of her. He had her skating like a masterpiece back in the 21/22 season.

Anyways, she is still a very charismatic and unique skater.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
She honestly has Muravieva potential, I think, and Plushenko could've kept brining it out of her.
While I enjoy Sofia M, I have to say Nastya Z was my favourite Angel. Her old SP was a song that Plushy actually found himself and planned to skate to as a exhibition. But he thought it would really suit Nastya and it definitely did!

It is a shame what went down, it was so sudden too! I guess he was pretty mad about her not following doctor's advice, which is interesting since he rarely followed it himself when he competed (he might regret that though and that's why he's strict about it).

Anyway that aside I really enjoyed her programs with her new team. :) I look forward to seeing her compete in the Russian Cups!

Gooooo Nastya :cheer:

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
While I enjoy Sofia M, I have to say Nastya Z was my favourite Angel. Her old SP was a song that Plushy actually found himself and planned to skate to as a exhibition. But he thought it would really suit Nastya and it definitely did!
Which SP? The one for 21/22? If so then yes, that was amazing, and probably better than Muravieva's SP that year. However, Muravieva's FS from that season was unbeatable to me.

The two were definitely really close, which is a lot coming from me considering my love for Muravieva. I definitely can't fault anyone for considering 2021/22 Zinina as their #1 of that time.

It is a shame what went down, it was so sudden too! I guess he was pretty mad about her not following doctor's advice, which is interesting since he rarely followed it himself when he competed (he might regret that though and that's why he's strict about it).
It seemed afterwards that she really regretted splitting with Plushenko, and had no hard feelings towards him at all. I wonder and hope that reconciliation might be possible eventually.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Which SP? The one for 21/22?
Yes. That was my favourite one, it suited Nastya to a T!

It was a tough time for Nastya in the lead up to her leaving :( She had an absolute terrible Nats experience and I think she was growing so her jumps kind of deserted her for a bit. She was probably worried she'd lose them which is why she kept practising them.

Fortunately she doesn't seem injured now and she made the Senior Team so yay.

It seemed afterwards that she really regretted splitting with Plushenko, and had no hard feelings towards him at all. I wonder and hope that reconciliation might be possible eventually.
We can hope I suppose!