Anastasiia Gubanova | Page 50 | Golden Skate

Anastasiia Gubanova

Scott512

Record Breaker
I don't know if Georgia allows dual citizenship but it seems to have a special exception for athletes:

"The President of Georgia may grant Georgian citizenship by way of exception to a citizen of another country who has made a contribution of exceptional merit to Georgia. The President of Georgia may also grant Georgian citizenship by way of exception to an alien based on state interests.

. .

c) a foreign citizen is successful in sport, science and/or art, and he/she is willing to carry on his/her activity on behalf of Georgia."

https://migration.commission.ge/index.php?article_id=165&clang=1

Thanks for the information it makes a little more sense now. But I don't think they can say Anastasia has made some contribution to Georgian sports so she can be granted immediate citizenship. I just hope she can skate freely this season leave this season and be the most beautiful skater in the world or one of them

DenissVFan

Medalist
Thanks for the information it makes a little more sense now. But I don't think they can say Anastasia has made some contribution to Georgian sports so she can be granted immediate citizenship. I just hope she can skate freely this season leave this season and be the most beautiful skater in the world or one of them
According to the quoted info, "being successful in sport" and "willing to carry on her activity on behalf of Georgia" should be enough.

Scott512

Record Breaker
According to the quoted info, "being successful in sport" and "willing to carry on her activity on behalf of Georgia" should be enough.
I hope it is and I hope Anastasia skates competitively soon. She has skated in only one event in the last year and a 1/2.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
She is debuting next weekend at Finlandia Cup. I can’t wait to see her finally skate again internationally. Last time she competed in a Challenger event, she got the silver medal in between Bradie and Mariah.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Gubanova during the off season

New FP

New Sp?

Training camp in Latvia
I haven't seen you in a long time! Thanks for the videos. Anastasia looks to be in her best condition since juniors. Hoping her programs shows off her beautiful skating and skating skills.

I'm also very glad she gets to is to stay in Saint Petersburg and train with her coaches
while representatiing Georgia.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Good job! And Nastya looks like she's in the best shape in years, IMO..
How do you mean? I'm guessing leaner and that she has some of her speed back and jumps are better? Nastyas amazing artistry and musicality never left her. Hopefully she can let her talent flow the next couple of years and we'll see where it takes her. Building her confidence backup in what she needs to do.

Scott512

Record Breaker
A lot of positives for Anastasia in the Finlandia event. She skated two clean super beautiful programs and again to me is the most beautiful skater in the world. I hope she has a chance to grow and get better and more confident and then we get to see her at Europeans and the Olympics and worlds.

The negatives were the scores in her 2 programs she was low balled in her overall scores and in her pcs. It's like the Russian federation judge$ have their influence everywhere this is ridiculous. I was hoping this girl would be given more fair scoring representing Georgia then she was for Russia. But this scoring in Finland was as bad as anything she had to go through while representing Russia. I hope when she does domestic competitions in Georgia they not only treat her fairly but they give that bounce that we hear spoken about so often with a very famous coach and her pupils. But I don't even know if she will get fair scores in Georgia because Nastya is an outsider not a native of Georgia.

Nastyas coach needs to speak up more for his skaters. His girls are treated like rubbish by the judges no matter the competition no matter the country and I'm sick of it.

Nastya had 2 great dresses and skated like a mature woman at 18 years old. Amazing. She looks so happy too which makes me happy. She must have been miserable the last 3 or 4 years being buried in her own country by her own federation.

I hope Anastasia skates again soon and doesn't go back into that rut that she had representing Russia skate one event then nothing for 2 months.

Last edited:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yes, absolutely. :)
For me, she was kind of highlight of this competition. To see smiling Nastya in an international competition, even though she can't compete for her country, it's just a great feeling.. 🥰
While Nastya does look the most fit she ever has there's still plenty of muscle tone on her and she looks great and she skated very well.
To see this girl happy smiling at the end of both skates after we thought her career was truly DOA last December was great. The Russian federation broke Nastya but she somehow survived and I hope she can get her full confidence back. This was a great event for her and her fans even though the judges short changed her probably 10 points or so on her total scores. .

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
This great score from Anastasiia means that she will move into The Replacement List for GPs right at the top. So if there is anyone that WDs from any GP event this fall, Gubanova will be one of the names to consider for a replacement.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I was truly happy for her. The PCs were to low but I' hopping in the future she will have the pcs that she deserves
She has never gotten the PCS she deserves going back to the Romeo and Juliet days. And her PCS scores have only gotten worse since then and the competition in Finland was puzzling with her scores especially her PCS.
The good news is there were 2 excellent clean skates beautiful programs great presentation Nastys just needs to score higher. She should have been with Leona without question maybe even higher. 203 points with those performances and those programs was a joke when they were dishing out big scores to many skaters.

I'm lost say it was exciting to see nastya escape again. I was worried she was broken for good but thankfully she is not.

Scott512

Record Breaker
This great score from Anastasiia means that she will move into The Replacement List for GPs right at the top. So if there is anyone that WDs from any GP event this fall, Gubanova will be one of the names to consider for a replacement.
Thanks for the good news. I would think there would be a withdrawal or 2 due to injury or coronavirus. I'm just glad Nastya is skating again and looks fit and strong and ready to go.

Think of how far this girl has come since her former coach publicly humiliated her in 2019. But now Nastya has a new lease on life representing Georgia.

Last edited:

Scott512

Record Breaker
It's very interesting how easy the process was for Anastasia to receive Georgian citizenship even though she's never been to Georgia. From what we know they have been working on this for about a year.

I hope we hear soon where her next event will be. I can only assume it will be another challenger. I hope she squeezes in a couple of senior Bs as well.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Well, Tursynbaeva w/d from Rostelecom. Did they already fill in a replacement? That would be an easy trip for her for a GP. Would RusFed have the nerve to invite her to their event though? That would be hilarious.