Anastasiia Gubanova | Page 49 | Golden Skate

Anastasiia Gubanova

Scott512

Record Breaker
I like the programs and thought she was underscored as per usual. Over all a pretty good start to the season even though it's very late.

For next season I want Nastya to bring back her 2 best programs I've ever seen Take Five and Romeo and Juliet.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Today's FS:

Can something to build on for Nastya. I think she's in good form considering this is her 1st competitive action in 10 months. She also looks a few pounds lighter than last year and that should help her overall performance.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

Scott512

Record Breaker
Interview with Anastasiya:

As with all Sankt Peterburg skaters of late, she is in favour of raising the minimum age, looks back at her criticism of Zagitova and her missed career opportunities
What an interesting interview.
Too bad the comment section was not kind to Anastasia.

3 points for me.

Firstly Nastya had to quarantine a few times because skaters she came in contact with had covid-19. Her mother also had covid. I was sorry to hear that about her mother and sorry that nastya could not train and prepare for the Russia Cup events.

Secondly she's working on quads without a rod? That's amazing news. But will we be waiting for a year or so to see her quad like we've been waiting for Guliakovas triple axel for more than a year? Maybe Nastya will be different than most of the Russian girls and her peak years will be between 18 and 22 instead of 14 and 18. Why not? The worst of puberty is over for her and she still skates beautifully and has outstanding interpretation and artistry.

And thirdly she wants the age limit raised but this is about career self-preservation. Nastya and other Russian girls 18 and over would have better chances for podiums if they didn't have to compete with compatriot phenoms under the age of 16. I want to see the phenomenal kiddos because they are unbelievable. But I also want to see Nastya skate at a high level for a long time because her skating is different and beautiful. So I am torn on this issue.

Scott512

Record Breaker
No post since last year but there is big news!

Nastya will now skate for Georgia while still living and training in Saint Petersburg Russia as far as I know. That's a nice deal. I only wish this had happened a year or 2 ago because last season at age 17 was a complete waste for Nastya. I thought for sure she was on the verge of retirement but I guess not. I'm thankful for that and everyone who appreciates beautiful figure skating should be as well. :) Now she can skate free and clear of the pressure that she faced in Russia all these years. I hope to see her beautiful skating at Georgian nationals, Europeans, the Olympics and at worlds! :) Unbelievable!

Scott512

Record Breaker
We're in for a treat! No one deserves it more than this girl, being out of favour of RusFed for so long...
That is very true I just wonder what is Nastyas mental state. The comments I have read on the Russian sites translated to English have been very kind to Nastya about her skating for Georgia. People know she needs this opportunity and she deserves it for the reason you point it out.

nipman

On the Ice
She’s not in the entry list of Nebelhorn Trophy. Will there be other chances for her to qualify for the Olympics?

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
She’s not in the entry list of Nebelhorn Trophy. Will there be other chances for her to qualify for the Olympics?
Georgia is already qualified for the Olympics. They have one spot for the ladies, thanks to Urushadze. When the time comes, they going to choose the lady to send.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Georgia is already qualified for the Olympics. They have one spot for the ladies, thanks to Urushadze. When the time comes, they going to choose the lady to send.
What does Nasty'as main competitor in Georgia normally score? I guess it will be decided at nationals.

I will be interested to see if Anastasia and Maria get an Eteri type of bounce in their new countries. Let's hope so.

I also hope Nastya gets a warm welcome to her new country of competition. Does the country of Georgia generally have decent relations with Russia? I heard Shabotova was not so warmly greeted in Ukrakne.

Goog luck to Nastya. :)

Scott512

Record Breaker
I'm really happy for her .. she never gave up!
Now she needs to deliver the goods!

From what I understand Anastasia will stay in Saint Petersburg and train and live there in her environment. That's great news. Then she will go to Georgia for probably publicity and nationals and any competition they enter her in there.

Scott512

Record Breaker
^ Reposting from the European skating thread.

Source -- the comments under this post:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUQVEQYITy-/?utm_medium=copy_link
Is her citizenship only Georgia now or is it dual with Russia and Georgia? I mean can you get citizenship from another country if you've never even been there?

Either way it's irrelevant and I hope Anastasia has a great season and she doesn't have to skate with King Kong on her back anymore like she did for the Russian federation from the age of 13 to 18. She never got a break with the Russian federation. It was ridiculous.

DenissVFan

Medalist
Is her citizenship only Georgia now or is it dual with Russia and Georgia? I mean can you get citizenship from another country if you've never even been there?
I don't know if Georgia allows dual citizenship but it seems to have a special exception for athletes:

"The President of Georgia may grant Georgian citizenship by way of exception to a citizen of another country who has made a contribution of exceptional merit to Georgia. The President of Georgia may also grant Georgian citizenship by way of exception to an alien based on state interests.

. .

c) a foreign citizen is successful in sport, science and/or art, and he/she is willing to carry on his/her activity on behalf of Georgia."

https://migration.commission.ge/index.php?article_id=165&clang=1

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yeah, ever since that rigged 4th place at junior nats, everything seemed to went wrong with her career, hopefully she will have a reason to smile again..
Was that the junior national where stanislava aleona and Sasha fell but nastya didn't? I guess Anna wasn't even a factor that season. Nastya had that beautiful Romeo and Juliet frees skate and the best dress and I've been wondering for years why the Russian federation would want to hide that from the International community. I think TAT was working her political magic behind the scenes. :( Aliona is in politic trouble with TT and the fed. I guess she and her coach have blocked each other on Instagram. Lol. It's also childish but that federation plays a lot of silly games. Maybe the Russian figure skating federation does not like beautiful skaters like we do.
I said it at the time alyona she never should have left T T and she certainly never should have gone back to them she should have gone to the professor or Rukavicin instead.

But Nastya has a new opportunity and I wish her well and hope she can escape without the immense pressure she did with the Russian federation never wanting her to succeed.

Any decent chance AG can make the Georgian national team and skate in Europeans the Olympics or worlds? If Georgia only has one women's slot at those events will they put Anastasia in there over a 100% Georgian athlete?

Last edited: