Andrei Mozalev | Page 83 | Golden Skate

Andrei Mozalev

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Just want to wish everyone a good morning and a peaceful mood. Let's look at something sweet and beautiful.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Figure skater Andrei Mozalev: I was always afraid of Tutberidze's eyes

Andrei Mozalev, the winner of the 2020 World Junior Figure Skating Championships, decided to change coaches after the Russian Championships, where he finished eleventh, was not very successful - he preferred Eteri Tutberidze's team to Kirill Davydenko's group of coaches
In an interview with TASS, Mozalev said that he had doubts about the correctness of the transition, about his adaptation in Moscow, and also shared his opinion that even in the situation with the suspension of Russian figure skaters from international competitions there is motivation.

- How hard is the adaptation in Moscow?

- I arrived and lived with relatives for the first time while I was looking for an apartment. It wasn't easy to do that - first you had to find an apartment, then you had to rent it, it was a quest. Not many people are prepared to rent an apartment to young people of my age. I was lucky - I persuaded a man.

- Is it difficult when your friends have stayed in St. Petersburg? Who do you spend time with in Moscow?

- Of course it's hard, but here in Moscow I also have friends, a lot of acquaintances and relatives. I've known Danya Samsonov for a long time, and Nika Egadze, ana one my old friend from St. Petersburg moved to Moscow at the same time as me.

- Have you found a way to spend your free time in Moscow?

- Not really yet, now I'm just preparing for the Spartakiade, so I don't think about it.

- At what point did you become completely sure that you would have to leave the last group?

- I thought for quite a long time after the Russian Championship, I pondered, rather, the confidence came closer to the New Year.

- I remember at one of the stages you didn't want Kirill Davydenko to go with you, was there a prerequisite for that already then?

- No, Kirill asked me then who I wanted to go with, I thought I would try to go with Denis Lunin, maybe it would help somehow.

- What exactly was missing in Davydenko's group that made you feel that you had to change everything in your life?

- Everything was enough, I just needed to change something, it was difficult to do it in St. Petersburg.

- Was it more because of moral feelings or sports results?

- More moral.

- Still, can you say that you had a misunderstanding with the previous team?

- I wouldn't say that. Relationships remained good between us.

- Do you keep in touch with Davydenko after? Maybe he wrote and asked how things were going in the new group?

- No, he didn't write, but I congratulated him on his birthday, he had it recently.

- How much is the workload different from what it was before?

- It's hard to say, it's just a different load from what it was, of course, more ice, more rolling.

- What does your training day consist of now?

- We have choreography from Monday to Friday for 45 minutes, then ice for an hour and a half, stretching, break, warm-up, again an hour and a half of ice and warm-up 40-50 minutes, including running and stretching. We have the guys spread out so that the day off is on different days so that there are as few people on the ice as possible. Usually it's six working days and one day off.

- When you went to the new team, did you realize that Kamila Valieva had a doping case hanging over her, were you not worried about it?

- No. It doesn't concern me in any way.

- Was there an idea to find a coach in St. Petersburg?

- There was an idea to go only to Eteri Georgievna for some reason.

- How did you become sure that you should go to this particular staff?

- Why should there always be some kind of certainty? It's all a risk, I took it. He who does not risk, does not drink champagne.

- How did Eteri Tutberidze, Sergey Dudakov and Daniil Gleichengauz seem to you in the first meetings?

- They received me well, everyone is happy to see me, like this (laughs).

- Figure skaters often say that at first they are afraid of Eteri Georgievna, did you face this?

- I was always afraid of Eteri Georgievna's eyes, but in fact she is a very nice person, cheerful and with a good sense of humor.

- Predominantly with whom is the work on the ice done?

- There is no single person, both Eteri Georgievna, Daniil Markovich and Sergei Viktorovich are involved in training.

- What have you already worked on in Eteri Tutberidze's group? What is the main emphasis now?

- We are preparing for the Spartakiade, we are working on all parts of the program.

- Will there be any changes in the content for the Spartakiade?

- No, the content will be the same.

- Does Tutberidze plan to accompany you at the Spartakiade?

- We haven't discussed it yet.

- But you would like to?

- Yes, but why did I switch? I really hope that she will go. As she says, so it will be.

- How do you feel in training with the new team?

- I feel good, there are no problems. Everyone wants only the best, so I listen and take all comments.

- What do you attribute not the most successful skating at the Russian Championships to?

- There were a lot of factors - I was sick before the championship. I arrived after the stage in Samara and got sick a week later. I was at home for a week, I couldn't even get out of bed, it was hard. When I went out for training, I had two weeks to prepare. I came out as if at the beginning of the season, I couldn't finish the programs in training, I couldn't even imagine how I would finish the free skate at the Championships. Even after the short program at the Russian Championships I had a pain in my tailbone, probably after a fall from the tulup, I didn't understand whether to skate or not. When they announced before the free skate that there was one minute left until the end of warm-up, I decided to skate.

- Did they turn your head off in the program?

- I forgot about everything and the fact that I had a pain in my tailbone. On adrenaline I almost didn't feel any pain, I forgot that I was at the Russian Championships and skated calmly. I skated pretty good.

- There are a few days left before the Spartakiade, how can you assess your readiness?

- If everything goes well, I will be in the condition in which I wanted to approach the Russian Championship, I can say that this is the best form of the season.

- How can you describe your morale during this period?

- Of course, it's hard after the change of staff and city, but when I go out on the ice, I don't think about it. I forget about everything and just work. When I leave the ice in the evening and sit at home sometimes, I think, did I do the right thing or not?

- What do you mean, you did the right thing?

- Well, that you moved on.

- Do you still have those thoughts?

- Sure.

- What is it based on?

- What if something doesn't work out, what if it's all for nothing, in any case it's a serious step and risk, although I trust my new coaches very much.

- How long do you think it will take you to fully adapt in a new group and city?

- I'm more or less used to the staff, after all, it's not the first day we know each other, so it's easier in this respect. But the change of environment, the fact that there are no parents around, no friends in such quantity as it was - it is already hard.

- Are you not afraid that you can let the team down at the next start?

- I had such thoughts, but in passing, I try not to think about it, it is better not to burden myself unnecessarily and to prepare calmly without such thoughts.

- Can you say that you still haven`t lost motivation against the background of the absence of international relations?

- There is even some interest in it. If we are admitted and there is only one quota for the European and World Championships, you have to be the best in Russia, it can be compared even with international starts. I'm sure I'll still ride in international competitions, I'm not that old. I don't know what will happen, we are working further.

- What are your goals for the rest of the season?

- The goal is to get into the Russian national team at least.

- What would you like to recover?

- What I jumped before - one more quad jump, I would like to add one more quad to the program for the next season.

link

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
The reunion of the year on Valentine's Day :biggrin:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Hot photos: Andrei in Magnitogorsk mastering the profession of a steelworker 🥵

From Andrei`s TG​

Azikin

Medalist
Excited about today's debut under the new coaches, although it has been a short time, of course, but we may already see some changes...

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Hey, guys, I'm back. It was a great weekend trip and I don't regret a damn thing, even though I slept sitting on the trains and partially sleeping sitting in the waiting rooms. It was really good to see everyone.

Andrei asked me to tell all his fans from GS a big thank you for supporting him all these years, for him it is one of the most important factors that give him the determination to continue his career. It's especially nice that you don't forget him even now, when he doesn't have any international starts.

Andrei is very cool, has a positive attitude, he is happy in his new team and adores all the coaches. His obvious problems with quadsalchas and trixels are due to the fact that they are literally changing his jumping technique. This is normal for this period. At this point he had to stay below a certain level and get into the top 6, and he did.

The new SP from Gleichenhaus is just magical, I really hope that Andrei will have great programs next season.
I get that Andrei really made the right choice, and I am happy.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Figure skater Andrei Mozalev said after his performance at the Spartakiade of the Strongest Skaters that he enjoyed the competition, but he was not satisfied with his skating.

Mozalev scored 254.32 points in the free skating program at the Spartakiade of the Strongest.

- The competitions are very cool, but the skating is not very good. This is the first start with the new team, it's a starting point from which we will build on. There is still an adaptation process going on. It will be only a month since I transferred (to Eteri Tutberidze's group), it's a short time for radical changes. You need to get used to it and realize everything.

- What did the coaches say?

- They said their remarks and mistakes. They said that we will work.

- How do you like Moscow? Adapted after St. Petersburg?

- Not 100% yet. I think I will not adapt 100% after St. Petersburg, because I am a native St. Petersburger. But the view from the window is quite satisfactory," the Match TV correspondent reports Mozalev's words.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Magnitogorsk. Short program. Part 1

6Y1TLajzEEc.jpg
UwRa0MlFUhc.jpg

CJ_7MIfuS5Y.jpg

KETEuegmfB8.jpg
x2Fd2SF8Q2M.jpg

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Magnitogorsk. Short program. Part 2.

glo9BcCsir4.jpg

MbM3XFJqYSw.jpg
boKtS03QWMY.jpg

V-Y81vYo_jQ.jpg

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Andrei and his new team 😅 (I'm not used to this)

eVOrtCV6hgo.jpg

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Magnitogorsk. Free skate. Part 1

fa8aUaniNcU.jpg

rblFgSitrNc.jpg
Rk9cTaC1rmI.jpg
Ou4Dqx46IFg.jpg

Mariott