Anna Pogorilaya | Page 109 | Golden Skate

Anna Pogorilaya

Artemisa

Final Flight
I don't like to think these way ... but after some challenger and test skate ... I think none of the russian ladies are trully safe ... so maybe Pogo has a really chance to comeback... Her SP last year with all her health problems was 69 ...

P.S. Maybe I'm little crazy

nipman

On the Ice
I don't like to think these way ... but after some challenger and test skate ... I think none of the russian ladies are trully safe ... so maybe Pogo has a really chance to comeback... Her SP last year with all her health problems was 69 ...

P.S. Maybe I'm little crazy

No you're not. When Anna is on, she can beat anyone. She has two different 3-3 combos. Her jumps have good flow when she lands them correctly. Her skating style is special and eye-catching (maybe thanks to Tsareva, as we don't see many of her pupils in competitions). Anna's only weaknesses are the wrong edge of the Flip and the Biellman.

macy

Record Breaker
can someone explain what the Russian Cup is? is it just a series of competitions for Russian skaters only? Do most compete in them to get extra competition experience before big international events?

ejnsofi

Final Flight
can someone explain what the Russian Cup is? is it just a series of competitions for Russian skaters only? Do most compete in them to get extra competition experience before big international events?

Cup of Russia is a kind of internal Grand Prix Series for skaters who have to qualify for Nationals. Anna doesn’t have any ISU GPs this season so it she wants to participate in RusNats she has to qualify via Cup of Russia

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States

I gotta say Russia is doing it smart. Very transparent process of promotion /advancing their skaters. (Minus the alleged TAT's influence behind the curtains, minus the CSKA's solid reputation, minus the hierarchy little thing in ice-dance :) )

As far as I understand Russian test skates (the one which recently was attended by Orser) at the beginning of the season is a qualifying requirement for a spot at international competitions (Grand Prix and B tournaments). Good performance at Grand Prix and B tournaments is spot at Nationals. Basically skaters have to showcase their skills and demonstrate physical shape and their programs they currently at for the beginning of the season. Those who skipped or under-performed at test skates are usually not going to Grand Prix events or international B tournaments, but they still have a chance to qualify for Russia's Nationals via Russian Cup. Later on skaters can compete at Russia's Nationals for a spot in National team for Euros and Worlds.

It is all logical and transparent. Some skaters are in shape at the beginning of the season, some skaters are slow to start, but can rapidly peak to the big event which in Russia is undoubtedly the Russia's Nationals. Test skates is chance for Grand Prix spot. Grand Prix is a chance to make some money for skaters before New Year and a chance to make a name for themselves. B tournaments and Russian Cup events is a chance for Russia's Nationals and subsequently a chance to make a team for Worlds and Euros.

Basically, no matter how famous you are, how influential your coach is, how much of a "sparkle TAT sees" in you and what are your previous achievements, if you can't show up with all your skills at the test skates (the very beginning of the season) - you have a very slight chance to go to Grand Prix (with some exceptions though as the past already showed us), but you still have a chance for Nationals via Russian Cup and B tournaments. There are 2 ways for Russian skaters to get into Nationals and to make the team for Euros and Worlds there. And those all events are highly publicized! With video recording, sometimes live-broadcasting via internet, online live-results and etc. So fans, coaches and skaters can watch videos and compare themselves who is better and who deserves spots for Grand Prix, Nationals, Euros and Worlds. Even the all-mighty TAT and CSKA lobby most of the times cant push through their skaters if they are weaker. :)

If only Russian gymnastics feds would create the similar system! We keep hearing about Rods making a lot of unfair and questionable decision sometimes. All those qualifications for National team are behind closed doors. Gymnastics fans are simply don't understand many weird things about Russian gymnasts. We are totally in the dark about some of our favorite Russians. It's hard for international fans to love them fully. Rods have to go. :( I wish Russian gymnastics Fed make the same fair and transparent qualification system for Russian gymnasts as Russian Figure Skating Fed.

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
Those who skipped or under-performed at test skates are usually not going to Grand Prix events
it's truth only for juniors, GP spots for seniors depends on ISU rules and RusFed can change nothing

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Does anybody know what is going on with Anna's instagram? :scratch2::(

it looks fine to me :shrug:

It didn't come up for me either when I tried to visit yesterday. And it still isn't coming up today.

I tried the new address ( https://www.instagram.com/annanevskaya1998/ ) and the old address ( https://www.instagram.com/annapogorilaya/ ) in case she had gone back to it, but all I'm getting is this message:

Sorry, this page isn't available.

The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed. Go back to Instagram.​

I hope she isn't cutting down on her social media activity now that she is married. :eek: :cry:

CaroLiza_fan

DenissVFan

Medalist
I follow her on IG and her new handle is nevskaya_pogorilaya_
She must have changed it within the last couple of days. She talked about some problems (?) with IG in her story two days ago or so. I'm not really sure what she said because I watched it only once and my Russian is rather sketchy.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I follow her on IG and her new handle is nevskaya_pogorilaya_
She must have changed it within the last couple of days. She talked about some problems (?) with IG in her story two days ago or so. I'm not really sure what she said because I watched it only once and my Russian is rather sketchy.

Thank goodness for that. I don't think I could have coped doing my rounds on Instagram without Anna included. :drama:

Thank you so much for letting us know. :bow: :cheer: :clap: :points:

I just wish she had kept her original address, because it took me years to learn it off by heart... :p

I am being serious, by the way. :eek:: Even though it was just her name, I just couldn't remember it from one time doing my rounds to the next! :slink:

Unlike liza_tuktik and weltkind1996, which for some strange reason I learnt very quickly. :confused:

Anyway, thank you again.

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan